Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Myself, Pitcom, Spag, BlueSky all live in the Philly region (Delaware Valley) and we all have skys coming in, in the next few months.
We have the makings for an RL cruising club next spring. Plus there are several other base folks in the region that are posting here.

Any other Philly region RL owners to-be lurking in the board that are expecting an RL by next spring??

Would be mucho cool to organize some riding events... Half dozen RLs of varied colors buzzing down the road... yeah, we could probably let the base guys in. :D

I am trying to switch to Yellow. (dealer not sure if i lose my price protection)
Pitcom is Red.

What color are the others?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A trek to the Wilmington plant, a pic with our RLs lined up along the fence with the factory and and car lots in the background

And a cruise to Mike's Harley... all those beautiful bikes, and we pull in with 6 RLs!!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I think Myself, Pitcom, Spag, BlueSky all live in the Philly region (Delaware Valley) and we all have skys coming in, in the next few months.
We have the makings for an RL cruising club next spring. Plus there are several other base folks in the region that are posting here.

Any other Philly region RL owners to-be lurking in the board that are expecting an RL by next spring??

Would be mucho cool to organize some riding events... Half dozen RLs of varied colors buzzing down the road... yeah, we could probably let the base guys in. :D

I am trying to switch to Yellow. (dealer not sure if i lose my price protection)
Pitcom is Red.

What color are the others?
Mine will be Pearl Silver with black/red interior.

I have already scoped out a few AMAZING roads that start less than 2 miles from the factory. Pitcom and I went for a drive with about a month ago to try them out! Wasn't that an awesome drive Pitcom? Just wait till the colors start to change!!!

So - the first ride is ready for us! All we need are the cars!!

Spag

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
We could do the car show at fair grounds by COWTOWN in May or June - imagine the crowds around our cars :lol: :lol:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
These are great ideas. I'm game for any trip. I think this weekend i'm gonna cruise up to that Bushkill Falls, seems like it would be a very nice ride. There is an 86 mile circuit around the poconos too which might be worth it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mercer county NJ here and waitin' and waitin'. Bluestone RL and I'm ready to drive. New to posting but have been reading for months.

·
1,012 Posts
Mercer county NJ here and waitin' and waitin'. Bluestone RL and I'm ready to drive. New to posting but have been reading for months.
Weclome aboard bud! It's great to see so many people from pa, jersey and delware on the boards. :thumbs:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well i'm a couple hours away in MD but check my sig for info... hope to have it dec/jan timeframe

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mercer County...hmmm... I have family living up by Lambertville area. Normally I hate that twisty ride along the Del River..

But with the Sky RL, it will be one of my favorite trips.

It is a very scenic road... and then heading towards Kingswood it turns into big rolling hills, with small mountains in the distance.

Yes, in NJ. :D

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
These are great ideas. I'm game for any trip.
So Pitcom - do you think those people have recovered yet? The ones in the SUV who had their hands up in the air screaming when we appeared out of nowhere when turning at the bend in the road???

hehehe

:willy: :willy: :willy:

My knuckles are just now getting color back into them!!!

Your RL Rocks!!

·
1,012 Posts
So Pitcom - do you think those people have recovered yet? The ones in the SUV who had their hands up in the air screaming when we appeared out of nowhere when turning at the bend in the road???

hehehe

:willy: :willy: :willy:

My knuckles are just now getting color back into them!!!

Your RL Rocks!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man i felt so bad..it's all your fault anyway, gotta tell a man when the stop sign is coming. I thought the ones outlined in white were optional. :lol:
Honestly i don't even know what kinda vehicle it was, i thought it was a grand prix, but boy was he upset. :thumbs: Too funny brother. By the way, the redline braking system was absolutely killer, and thankfully so. The stabillitrack kicked right in on top of the hill right before the bend.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well.... It looks like by thanksgiving there will be FOUR Sky Redlines Cruising around within 30 miles or so of the Wilmington Plant

Pitcom, Spag, Blue Sky, Ahnuld.
And I think we all have different colors. (Red, Silver, Blue, Yellow)

I'm thinking late November road trip to the plant, park the cars along the fence with the plant and finished cars in the background... A good photo opportunity!?!? Is there a shoulder on the road in front of the plant (I forget)? Could park in front also for some pics.

Just to prove they do let these cars out on the other side of the fence!

Waddya think? Any other RL owners in the area? How bout base sky owners too?

Have a whole row of cars parked on the other (our) side of the fence!!

Then shoot on over to Mike's Harley at the foot of the Del Mem Bridge?

·
Registered
388 Posts
SKY REDLINES in DELAWARE VALLEY

Pitcom is Red.

"Everything goes great with Caramel"

I'm also expecting a spring "delivery date" ...(sounds like we're pregant).....

And Im comtemplating switching to a YELLOW REDLINE........Listen up u folks in the "VALLEY"........Here's a FANTASTIC....RED LINE forum tour route to take next SPRING........1- Meet in downtown PHILLY....then take rout 13 NORTH...to Route..32 north....INTO the Tourest town of ...NEW HOPE.....BELIEVE ME...Route 32 IS A KICK ASS....route...that runs along the Delaware River.... ABSOLUTLY stunning....especially when u arrive in NEW HOPE....which is a town PERFECT..for boulevard crusing....(YOU MAY SEE serveral ferraris and vettes there DOING THE SAME THING........After LUNCH in NEW HOPE....proceed NORTH..on rt 32.....to RT 611.......take that back SOUTH...into DOWN TOWN philly.......NOTE....I've driving this RT..."covertable crusing"...in my BLACK 1998 tRANS AM...(270 HP - 300 lb torque).....on a HOT SUNNY DAY...it was nothing short of AUTOMOTIVE PARADISE.......:cheers:

:deadhorse

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts

I'm also expecting a spring "delivery date" ...(sounds like we're pregant).....

And Im comtemplating switching to a YELLOW REDLINE........Listen up u folks in the "VALLEY"........Here's a FANTASTIC....RED LINE forum tour route to take next SPRING........1- Meet in downtown PHILLY....then take rout 13 NORTH...to Route..32 north....INTO the Tourest town of ...NEW HOPE.....BELIEVE ME...Route 32 IS A KICK ASS....route...that runs along the Delaware River.... ABSOLUTLY stunning....especially when u arrive in NEW HOPE....which is a town PERFECT..for boulevard crusing....(YOU MAY SEE serveral ferraris and vettes there DOING THE SAME THING........After LUNCH in NEW HOPE....proceed NORTH..on rt 32.....to RT 611.......take that back SOUTH...into DOWN TOWN philly.......NOTE....I've driving this RT..."covertable crusing"...in my BLACK 1998 tRANS AM...(270 HP - 300 lb torque).....on a HOT SUNNY DAY...it was nothing short of AUTOMOTIVE PARADISE.......:cheers:

:deadhorse

That would be a great ride! I know an awesome restaurant in New Hope that we could have lunch at - http://www.escarestaurant.com/. Incredible food and really friendly-fun atmosphere! It's on the water but hidden under a bridge so most people don't know about it...

·
1,012 Posts
Sounds good to me.:thumbs: Hey Spag i found an awesome course to ride from my house, it takes you all the way to that resteraunt we ate at, Buckleys?, right by centerville road.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I am game. I already have a clib listed on the Saturn website but hve done nothing with it. Marlboro mike had expressed some interest a whie back. Also South Philly Lakes.

I have a great route maped out throught the the Deleware water gap with a stop at a winery and ending up on tp of camel back mountain.

Count me in.

Blue

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Sounds good to me.:thumbs: Hey Spag i found an awesome course to ride from my house, it takes you all the way to that resteraunt we ate at, Buckleys?, right by centerville road.
Sweet!
Hey - what was that beer that you ordered? We gotta go to Buckley's at night sometime when everyone gets their car - they have an awesome deck on top of the resturant for us to sit and kick back after a ride.
http://fourdogstavern.com/buckleys/Welcome.html

There really are some kick-butt roads around here! I love driving them with my current lame car, can't wait to be behind the wheel of my RL!

Anyway - I'm up for riding around with people year-round! Unless there is ice on the roads out there, I'll be ready to drive!

·
Registered
388 Posts
NEW HOPE ..restuarant

That would be a great ride! I know an awesome restaurant in New Hope that we could have lunch at - http://www.escarestaurant.com/. Incredible food and really friendly-fun atmosphere! It's on the water but hidden under a bridge so most people don't know about it...

..I know that place well.....I've had both dinner and lunch there on MANY OCCASIONS.......(NOTE ....That place stays PACKED.....
...:deadhorse

1 - 20 of 64 Posts