Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Silver Pearl Sky. I had to drive it back home about 100 miles, and it is everything you all have been talking about and more. Some observations:

1. Handles better than expected, especially on turns
2. Sounds great and "throaty", perhaps it was the CAI I had installed
3. Roof is extremely easy to put up and down; after just one try I can do it in 10 seconds or less
4. With well positioned mirrors, visibility is just fine, despite not being able to see to your left rear when turning your head
5. Drove through heavy rain, no leaks!
6. Car is reasonably quiet with top up on freeway at 70 mph +
7. Car is really quick once it is up to speed, I found myself drifting to 80 mph without paying attention
8. Have to turn the volume on the radio up a lot when using the aux jack and an iPod; perhaps I need a better cord
9. The golf clubs fit perfectly in the front seat, top up or down.

Pics will follow once the wife brings the digital camera back from California.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy driving it! I love my silver baby Sky!

·
Registered
669 Posts
8. Have to turn the volume on the radio up a lot when using the aux jack and an iPod; perhaps I need a better cord
If you use something like the transpod, it connects to the bottom of the iPod and you get better volume.

Picture in my gallery...

·
Registered
277 Posts
and now you see the reason the solstice is better than the sky...My clubs fit in the trunk cause solstice doesn't have support braces! PS with the top down too!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you use something like the transpod, it connects to the bottom of the iPod and you get better volume.

Picture in my gallery...
I like this set-up. Where can you get this transpod? Is this an item found in the Apple store or is it a common Radio Shack type item.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Just picked up my Silver Pearl Sky. I had to drive it back home about 100 miles, and it is everything you all have been talking about and more. Some observations:

7. Car is really quick once it is up to speed, I found myself drifting to 80 mph without paying attention

Pics will follow once the wife brings the digital camera back from California.
I noticed that 80 mph seems to be this car's favorite speed....

Conga-ratz!!:cheers:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Congratulations!! :cheers: Just drove mine back from the dealer 130 miles away yesterday and I agree with you -- what a blast to :driving:
Enjoy!! Safe and happy motoring....:thumbs:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats...sounds great, enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:cheers: That's about the speed Nite Sky likes too:thumbs:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Like everyone says CONGRATS and enjoy it!

·
Registered
316 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Congratulations! Some day my phone will ring .... :rolleyes:

Golf bag .... if you ever get to a Dave & Buster's Restaurant, they have (and I got one) a small bag for five clubs, balls & etc. It is designed to carry onto a plane (in the old days) and stow overhead. I brought it to the dealers and it slipped right into the trunk. The salesman and some folks standing around :drool: were so impressed. So it fits with top down with space to spare. :thumbs:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts