Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with the San Antonio (Selma store) Saturn dealer this past Saturday. He told me I was #1 at that store and should see delivery in no later than 8 weeks! Might be 6, but he said to expect 8.

He had initially said that they would hold "hostage" a Sky until they got a second one for the showroom. He said they have decide (an I think the they is GM) that the first car each dealer gets will be the show room/demo car. Which means that if you order a car it will be yours and not a demo until the next arrives. Makes sense, since I think by law they have to sell it as a demo model if they put any miles on it besides those required to move it around the lot, onto the trailer, etc. Which means reduced price and dealer profit.

This is really great for me since a school bus T-boned me on Thursday and totaled my motorcycle. I am alive, and though my right side is banged up pretty good, I am walking and talking about it. The car was to be used by both my wife and I, but now she is saying if I don't ride a bike to work the Sky will be my commuter car! Hey, is that incentive not to ride or what?? Of course the fact my parents, bothers, and most my friends are saying maybe I got off lucky as a warning also plays a bit into it since I have riden for going on 30 years and it is a hard habit to break.

I am suppose to be getting an email from the dealer with an exact delivery date, and will put it up as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
8 weeks from Satuday, Feb. 11th is April 1st (Fools day). :)

I wish you the best of luck on getting your Sky in 8 weeks!

Glad to see that you were able to walk away from such a horrible accident. Hope you heal quickly!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
TexSon said:
I spoke with the San Antonio (Selma store) Saturn dealer this past Saturday. He told me I was #1 at that store and should see delivery in no later than 8 weeks! Might be 6, but he said to expect 8.

He had initially said that they would hold "hostage" a Sky until they got a second one for the showroom. He said they have decide (an I think the they is GM) that the first car each dealer gets will be the show room/demo car. Which means that if you order a car it will be yours and not a demo until the next arrives. Makes sense, since I think by law they have to sell it as a demo model if they put any miles on it besides those required to move it around the lot, onto the trailer, etc. Which means reduced price and dealer profit.

This is really great for me since a school bus T-boned me on Thursday and totaled my motorcycle. I am alive, and though my right side is banged up pretty good, I am walking and talking about it. The car was to be used by both my wife and I, but now she is saying if I don't ride a bike to work the Sky will be my commuter car! Hey, is that incentive not to ride or what?? Of course the fact my parents, bothers, and most my friends are saying maybe I got off lucky as a warning also plays a bit into it since I have riden for going on 30 years and it is a hard habit to break.

I am suppose to be getting an email from the dealer with an exact delivery date, and will put it up as soon as I get it.
Wow, that is good news, about no serious injuries and the fact you may have your car in about 8 weeks.... Congratulations... think of the Sky as a 4 wheel motorcycle with a roof for bad weather...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Well maybe the wife won't be hugging you from behind, but it's probably better to have her beside you :) :cheers: Glad your walking

·
Registered
102 Posts
HI from a fellow Texan. We too tried to deal with Saturn of San Antonio but we had a different story. When they were ready to take our order they had "stipulations" regarding the demo-ing of the cars that we had to agree to. The salesperson said to place an order we had to agree that our car became a demo for them til the next car came in and so on with each one. Since there was no mention of a discount for use of our car (and we never wanted a "used car") we said we would go elsewhere, which we did. Being a new model I did not want my car tested by every yahoo who wanted to see what it would do out on the 410 loop.

You better get clarification on any stipulations they have.

Sheryl in Kerrville :) :)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bumsky2 said:
HI from a fellow Texan. We too tried to deal with Saturn of San Antonio but we had a different story. When they were ready to take our order they had "stipulations" regarding the demo-ing of the cars that we had to agree to. The salesperson said to place an order we had to agree that our car became a demo for them til the next car came in and so on with each one. Since there was no mention of a discount for use of our car (and we never wanted a "used car") we said we would go elsewhere, which we did. Being a new model I did not want my car tested by every yahoo who wanted to see what it would do out on the 410 loop.

You better get clarification on any stipulations they have.

Sheryl in Kerrville :) :)
Sheryl,
As I said, they initially indicated they would use keep one car "hostage" until the next came in. But when I spoke with them Saturday, was told the first car will be the dealers for show/demos. That way none are held "hostage". Trust me, if I got a car with more than about 15 miles on it, they would be selling me the car at a demostrator price.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Just a reminder as usual to take everything from a dealership with a grain of salt. Various things can change along the way so that even info they think is reliable and fact necisarily is not true anymore.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I just spoke with my sales guy and now he is saying May or June timeframe. We know they are making the cars, because there have been several images of the plant with cars in the yard and in production. So, you have to wonder why they seem to be doing a song and dance. Good thing I don't have to have a car right now, or I would be looking for something else...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just had our car serviced at the 410 store in San Antonio. Confirmed what I wrote earlier about their policy,,,they will hold your car "hostage" as a demo until another one comes in. He said the only way it's not held there is if more than one came in at a time and they will only keep one at a time. The salesman went and talked to the Internet Manager, whom my husband had spoken to on the phone, a Mr. Brazzio. You might want to recheck with the person you spoke to at the Selma store since they are both under the same ownership. I am sticking with my Indiana dealer and waiting for a "new" car and not one that has miles racked up on it. Also, the salesman did reassure me that only serious interested parties would be allowed to drive it, like I wanted anyone serious or not behind the wheel. Maybe this is the reason they don't have a very high list of buyers waiting???? :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
275 Posts
bumsky2 said:
Just had our car serviced at the 410 store in San Antonio. Confirmed what I wrote earlier about their policy,,,they will hold your car "hostage" as a demo until another one comes in. He said the only way it's not held there is if more than one came in at a time and they will only keep one at a time. The salesman went and talked to the Internet Manager, whom my husband had spoken to on the phone, a Mr. Brazzio. You might want to recheck with the person you spoke to at the Selma store since they are both under the same ownership. I am sticking with my Indiana dealer and waiting for a "new" car and not one that has miles racked up on it. Also, the salesman did reassure me that only serious interested parties would be allowed to drive it, like I wanted anyone serious or not behind the wheel. Maybe this is the reason they don't have a very high list of buyers waiting???? :willy: :willy: :willy:
Ha! Is he serious about only letting serious parties drive it? I would highly suspect this is why they may not have a long list of prospective buyers. My dealer originally indicated they would like for mine to sit in the showroom to be viewed only. I made sure it would be roped off and that nobody was allowed to even sit in it. There would be no way I'd want mine driven around! Then it's nothing more than a demo! Things are moving along slowly down here in Houston, but, my salesman thinks the ones to be test driven will be here at the end of the month or first of March. We'll see. I am number two and imageless.....but, since they will have their demos in already I will not have to let mine stay at the dealership in the end! Thank God! I don't think I could bear knowing it's here and I can't take it home! That would be torture!:deadhorse I would feel like this poor horse!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
brentil said:
Just a reminder as usual to take everything from a dealership with a grain of salt.
Just a grain of salt? I'd suggest that since they have no car to show you or give you a test drive in and they'd really like your $1000.00 deposit sitting in their bank accounts for months that you should take anything the dealers tell you with a truck load of salt.! :D

Half the people that post seem to be saying they the dealer told them they are #1 or that they will be getting delivery in a very short time.:lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
brentil said:
Just a reminder as usual to take everything from a dealership with a grain of salt. Various things can change along the way so that even info they think is reliable and fact necisarily is not true anymore.
How about a truck load :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
We are the passionate ones

Rick you mentioned that half the people on the forum have been told by there dealer they are number 1 on the list and will be getting there car shortly.
This is a forum of the zealots, the ones who followed this car from concept to reality. So there should be tons of top 5 on dealers list on this forum. But this forum also gives a slanted view of demand. We our the ones cring for info we are the ones bugging our dealers to check codes and status everyother day.
Still I talk to loads of people everyday that have never heard of a Sky, and think I'm nuts for wanting a economy car (Saturn Image). I think Demand is inflated now and that makes good business sense for dealers to inflate there numbers.
But the talk of premiums over list is what dealers hope will be the demand, not acutual demand. Once we recieve the first ones and us zealots are out there adding gas to the fire the demand will rise as the general public becomes aware of this great automobile. Just one guys opinion.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
What ever it takes to salt the Alaska hiqhway in a year!:lol: Some dealers are like a 15 year old boy trying to get into his girlfriends pants. They'll say anything!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Call me silly but since I started in this venture of wanting a Sky I have concluded something....the dealer with the worse scenario was the first one I believed. It is who has my deposit now, who told me I was #32 and not to think of getting it before October at the soonest (oh, and certianly not the nearest to where we are located). Others had answers like be in the top 5, 2 months, etc. I have found many uninformed sales people like I dealt with yesterday here locally. I don't know if it's because they are truly uninformed or just telling me what they think I want to hear. :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
246 Posts
brentil said:
Hmmmm . . . I love the one when they say they are the number one dealer in the country and "we will be getting more than our share of skys over the year". We must have 250 #1 dealers out there! :lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
rick112 said:
What ever it takes to salt the Alaska hiqhway in a year!:lol: Some dealers are like a 15 year old boy trying to get into his girlfriends pants. They'll say anything!
Yeah! Been there, done that!.....Oh! Hi Son. :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:
eldeeko said:
Yeah! Been there, done that!.....Oh! Hi Son. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:

Ugh.... my youngest will be 15 soon..... :nono: NO IDEAS...lol..... the other boys are 17, 18... and the girls are 19, 20...... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 22 Posts