Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a Sky came into Saturn of Ontario, Calif. on 3/29. Silver graphite, chrome rims, black fabric interior. It looks sooo much better in person. I got to test drive it even though they had already sold it. I'm 5'6, 125lbs- perfect fit. My husband is 6'1, 200lbs and fit fine. Had 2" clearance with the top up. Got to race around the curves-hugs the road nicely. Sure, it could use more HP but it was enough for me. Another car followed us back to the dealer asking us what the car was. He was surprised to know it was a Saturn. The salesperson said So. Cal. would only get between 100-200 cars, so they will be in very high demand and keep their value. I ordered the Silver pearl, but after seeing the graphite I may change my mind. I'm #5 on a list of 35. Looking at May to get it. Anyone else out there in the area?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Just me but, I would hope that my dealer/salesman wouldn't let anyone take my Sky for a test ride.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I would not hesitate to make a formal complaint to the owner of the dealership.!

The demo car should be there for that. That's why they call them "demo" cars.:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
you are the first person i know of to see the cloth interior...that's what i have ordered and can't find any pictures anywhere! I know you have seen a ton of pictures of the premium interior...does the cloth look awfully cheap in comparison?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Astronomer said:
you are the first person i know of to see the cloth interior...that's what i have ordered and can't find any pictures anywhere! I know you have seen a ton of pictures of the premium interior...does the cloth look awfully cheap in comparison?
The cloth interior did not look cheap, in my opinion. Sure, leather is very nice but the cloth didn't look bad at all. Actually, you don't even notice the cloth because your eyes are looking everywhere else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
mglindo said:
Just me but, I would hope that my dealer/salesman wouldn't let anyone take my Sky for a test ride.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I would not hesitate to make a formal complaint to the owner of the dealership.!

The demo car should be there for that. That's why they call them "demo" cars.:thumbs:
I agree. I would be upset that someone drove my car. I was surprised that they offered me a test drive. Maybe being a cute girl has something to do with it (Ha Ha). They told me the owner knew that it could be used for test drives and they were willing to buy the car anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
mglindo said:
Just me but, I would hope that my dealer/salesman wouldn't let anyone take my Sky for a test ride.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I would not hesitate to make a formal complaint to the owner of the dealership.!

The demo car should be there for that. That's why they call them "demo" cars.:thumbs:
:agree: :agree: :agree: I'd be pissed to no end if I found out that people were out piling miles onto MY car! :mad: Don't know how most dealerships are handling this, but I certainly plan on speaking to my GM and demanding that nobody, with the exception of the techs, take my Sky out for a spin while it's at the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
What are Saturn dealers to do? They aren't used to having a car around that nice, and when someone comes in asking to drive it, it is another potential sale.. If they turn the person down the person could go somewhere else, and they may really want the sale..

I am not saying it's right, but put yourself in their shoes! As long as they aren't tacking on a $5,000 limited availability rise, It could be worse :)
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Jordan said:
What are Saturn dealers to do? They aren't used to having a car around that nice, and when someone comes in asking to drive it, it is another potential sale.. If they turn the person down the person could go somewhere else, and they may really want the sale..

I am not saying it's right, but put yourself in their shoes! As long as they aren't tacking on a $5,000 limited availability rise, It could be worse :)
If the car is sold it no longer belongs to the dealership. If the dealership allows test-rides in a car that is sold , I would think that would be grounds for a lawsuit. IMHO Skip....Perplexed at people today.....:cool: :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
Skip said:
If the car is sold it no longer belongs to the dealership. If the dealership allows test-rides in a car that is sold , I would think that would be grounds for a lawsuit. IMHO Skip....Perplexed at people today.....:cool: :) :)
Yep! and they should be responible for the insurance (full coverage, no deductable) gas, tires and pay you the same fee they would pay for rental on a Mercedes Roadster!! Yep!.....Yeah, baby..I hear ya out there..who's yer daddy?
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Your eyes are starting to go beady. You crack me up. Skip...:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Well I know that but I do not know the context of which sold is used here. Was the car paid for and sold and just not picked up, or was it spoken for and the guy just needed to give them the check and pick up the keys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
moni6 said:
I agree. I would be upset that someone drove my car. I was surprised that they offered me a test drive. Maybe being a cute girl has something to do with it (Ha Ha). They told me the owner knew that it could be used for test drives and they were willing to buy the car anyways.
If the owner, has OKed the car to be test drove by serious buyers, that is a different matter, if permission has been given.:thumbs:

Personally, I wouldn't have given permission. Just me ya know but, I put a deposit down, sight unseen, never having sat in one.:)

Many others have also.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Astronomer said:
you are the first person i know of to see the cloth interior...that's what i have ordered and can't find any pictures anywhere! I know you have seen a ton of pictures of the premium interior...does the cloth look awfully cheap in comparison?
On Saturday, 4/2 I saw cloth upholstry on a triple black demo Sky here in Miami, FL. The cloth is very nice. I didn't have a camera with me, but I'm planning on getting back there on Monday or Tuesday. I'll be sure to get you some photos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Jordan said:
What are Saturn dealers to do? They aren't used to having a car around that nice, and when someone comes in asking to drive it, it is another potential sale.. If they turn the person down the person could go somewhere else, and they may really want the sale..

I am not saying it's right, but put yourself in their shoes! As long as they aren't tacking on a $5,000 limited availability rise, It could be worse :)
Look at it this way, a deposit on the car was made and the car essentially belongs to the person who made the deposit on that car.:)

Now....if the dealer would sell the car to him as a "used" car, with a used car price.........maybe?:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
mglindo said:
Look at it this way, a deposit on the car was made and the car essentially belongs to the person who made the deposit on that car.:)

Now....if the dealer would sell the car to him as a "used" car, with a used car price.........maybe?:lol:
I specified that no one would drive my car and they didnt.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top