Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure this is okay since I haven't seen this product listed by any of our sponsors and I am not advertising where I bought it. :confused:

Yesterday I posted "Definitely not the Saturn Plastic Doors" about my wife denting the drivers side door due to a fall. On my way home yesterday I bought the Ding King dent removal kit, yeah the one you see on TV, mainly because I didn't feel like taking the inside door panel apart. I have taken many door panels apart, so it wasn't an issue of being able to, but of just plain old not wanting to. So, I tried the Ding King out, and it did a fairly good job. There is still a small bit of a dent there, and I will work on it some more when I get time because you have to use the device several times to totally remove the dent, not a one shot deal. But last night we had company and not everyone understands the Sky obsession thing. Hmmm, with the Jeep it is a Jeep thing, MC a bike thing, do we have a Sky thing?!:D

Anyway, for those who get dings, this thing is worth the $20.:thumbs:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Glad it worked. My cousin was in Kansas City recently during a golf-ball sized hail storm which devastated their full-sized car. The procedure being used is freezing the dents, following by heating and they pop right back to normal. I guess each ding has to be treated singly as they are still in a rental car.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have heard of using dry ice in a similar method, the cold contracts the metal and pulls the dent out. However, I couldn't find any dry ice, so figured for $20 I'd give this thing a try. :)

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
What is the rule

What is the rule on references to non-supporting vendors? Can a supporting venfor be any maker or seller or advertiser of any automotive related product? or is that restriced to folks who specifically make market or sell a product specifically aimed at the Kappa platform?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, its been a week now. Did you get a chance on working the dent a little more? How did it all end up? A, B, C, D, F, or get a new wife?

·
Registered
804 Posts
achieftain said:
Glad it worked. My cousin was in Kansas City recently during a golf-ball sized hail storm which devastated their full-sized car. The procedure being used is freezing the dents, following by heating and they pop right back to normal. I guess each ding has to be treated singly as they are still in a rental car.
So let me get this straight: First you take the frozen balls of ice and slam them into the car to make dents. Then to remove them, you get more frozen balls of ice and put them in the same spot followed by something hot enough to warm the metal, but not hot enough to boil the paint? Wow.:jester:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts