Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay..I see silly questions have, on occassion, been allowed, so I have one..
Do Saturn side panels have dent resist? Heard that somewhere..

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's what the commercials say....They have kids hitting them with clubs, bodyflopping into them, etc etc...and no dents!

But I'm not sure if the Sky is dent resistant. The commercials I have seen have been for the Vue and the Ion.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sorry, the SKY is hydro formed steel - no plastice dent resistant panels.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks...was hoping to fend off the jealous door slamming types in parking lots...guess I'll just have to use my 'super power force field'...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I dont park my baby anywhere near another car. I've been taking the last spot in any parking lot I go in since I got her. I'm sure this will get old and I'll eventually park like a normal person, but for now, I love this car so much I have to keep her perfect.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I could have swore they got rid of the silly dent resistant panels on all vehicles.:confused:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
belletire said:
I could have swore they got rid of the silly dent resistant panels on all vehicles.:confused:
They are getting rid of them on newer cars. Most of the people I know who owns Saturns really appreciate them. While most people who don't think they make the car less safe or sturdy, which is absolutley not true.

On the Sky the panels could not be made with the accuracy needed.

As far as I am concerned it was one of the best misunderstood ideas.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
having owned several show cars and several 'look but don't touch' vehicles...attempts to park away from others is a given, however there is always a smart alec or two that will find you in Siberia and park as close as they can....and then there is the shopping cart irritation. Never forget getting my '63 splint window out of the shop with a new shiney custom paint job and while actually sitting in the car a doberman pincher just went postal and jumped on the hood, dragging the front claws down the hood on it's way down...the owner was actually upset that I was upset...go figure.
I live where the wind blows at gale force consistantly and people have failed to teach the younguns to hold a door in the wind:nono:
Unfortunatly, my office is directly next door to the state parole office and as an observation...there are many parole and probation peeps that don't have much respect for other people and the rules of society...guess that's why they are next door peeing in cups...anyway parking long distances from the other cars isn't a frequent option. Good luck with your stratgey though, and I hope it works...we can only hope you don't run across any baffoons.:brentil:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Saturn is getting away from the dent resistent panels on all their new models.
The Vue still has tem, but I'm not sure of the other models. The main reason for this is because the gaps between body panels have to be larger to allow for swelling due to temp changes. Most people look at the larger gaps as poor quality control and Saturn wants to get away from that. This is what I read somewhere anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts