Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed an order for a Yellow Sky Redline...delivery window earliest 3 months...latest 4 months....questions:
Anyone here from south carolina? im going to school in columbia and was wondering A)....most definitly convertible weather year round right?
B) does this car have the dependability to be a daily driver for me?
I know when i got grocery shoppping im probably going to have to use the passenger seat for the trunk.....but other than that...can anyone else sway me pro or con?
-Josh

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
WAFB33 said:
Just placed an order for a Yellow Sky Redline...delivery window earliest 3 months...latest 4 months....questions:
Anyone here from south carolina? im going to school in columbia and was wondering A)....most definitly convertible weather year round right?
B) does this car have the dependability to be a daily driver for me?
I know when i got grocery shoppping im probably going to have to use the passenger seat for the trunk.....but other than that...can anyone else sway me pro or con?
-Josh
On B -- since the longest anyone has owned a SKY is about 4 months -- how can we answer that?

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
I'm in NC, but the Sky is a daily driver for me(almost 3 months and 3 weeks now). If I go grocery shopping, I put everything in the front seat if I have the top down, but it will hold a few things in the trunk with the top down-things you can squish into the areas around the top when it's down. If I have the top up, I can load almost everything into the trunk, unless it's a bulky item (30lb of cat litter, etc). Using her as a daily driver really makes me look forward to driving back and forth to work (but makes the wait for 5:00 really hard).
In NC, the weather does get chilly in the winter (20's & teens), and it does snow occasionally, so I don't think I would have the top down all-year round. But the heater works very well, I must say.
Good luck with the wait; having the actual car makes it all worthwhile:driving: And, this forum is the best place to get all the info you need and consolation lf the waiting drives you crazy!!:willy:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It's not a Model T Ford. If it breaks just push the OnStar button and get help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I lived 20 miles outside of Columbia for a few years. You can easily drive a convertible year-round, but you'll need a good health plan to keep the top down during the winter!

·
Registered
36 Posts
University of South Carolina Grad

Hope you are a fellow Gamecock!:thumbs: You will be able to drive with the top down at least 10 months out of the year in Columbia. I remember driving around my senior year at USC in a Triumph Spitfire on Dec 25th with the top down! As to your second question, I don't think anyone knows just how dependable any car may be, you can buy a lemon in any make or model. With todays engineering, I think most all auto manufacturers have the capabilities of producing dependable cars. And with that said, I think a lot of the dependability factor depends on how well the owner takes care of and services the vehicle. If you just put gas in and drive, sooner or later you'll get let down.:banghead: Regular service is a must.:cheers: Order your Sky and join the wait!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts