Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a deposit.... i think there is a 50% chance I dont get the car.... a summer w/o a sports car isnt fun.....

Its great with a turbocharged engine (upgrade !!!) and very sharp looking... probably the best new looking car this year.....admittadly I dont like the manual roof (only one I liked is the miatas), and the Saturn moniker (although im not snobby enough to let it really deter me)

I need to drive the redline ( I said it when I placed the deposit.... test drive before I buy it)

Anyone else in the same boat and what else are you considering? If I cant wait I may end up with an S2K, G35 coupe, RX8 or something.....

I like the car alot but am untimatley planning to upgrade to a boxster S/Cayman, vette, Nissan GTR, Honda XGA (S2k replacment), next Supra (in the works) or the new Evolution X.... all these cars are about 2-3 years out and this car will pass the time.... hence why im planning a 24 month lease

-shu

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
ShahulX said:
I have a deposit.... i think there is a 50% chance I dont get the car.... a summer w/o a sports car isnt fun.....

Its great with a turbocharged engine (upgrade !!!) and very sharp looking... probably the best new looking car this year.....admittadly I dont like the manual roof (only one I liked is the miatas), and the Saturn moniker (although im not snobby enough to let it really deter me)

I need to drive the redline ( I said it when I placed the deposit.... test drive before I buy it)

Anyone else in the same boat and what else are you considering? If I cant wait I may end up with an S2K, G35 coupe, RX8 or something.....

I like the car alot but am untimatley planning to upgrade to a boxster S/Cayman, vette, Nissan GTR, Honda XGA (S2k replacment), next Supra (in the works) or the new Evolution X.... all these cars are about 2-3 years out and this car will pass the time.... hence why im planning a 24 month lease

-shu
Ok everything was going swimingly until "...hence why im planning a 24 month lease..." When I last spoke to a GM rep his words were "No plans to make the SKY available for lease at least for a year ot two..."
Considering the RL won't be avilable until Sept.... looks like you are barking up the wrong tree.
All the other cars you mention are nice, not SKYs mind you but nice - Very available and common.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
ShahulX said:
as told leasing was okay by my dealer and there is a thread here on it

-shu
Yes and the crux of the discussion is when or IF there will be any for lease. Based on what I was told look for leases in Model year 2008, at the VERY earliest.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've had Tabasco now for two weeks and absolutely love her.:cheers:
I swore that I would never have another car. My sole ride, Rain or shine, was a 2002 Harley Heritage Softail, (My wife drives the 2000 Saturn LW1).
My god I even look forward to my drive into Miami to go to work.
Even with the top up its great fun and boy does she corner. Too bad we don't have twisting roads down here. Heck I may even put in for a transfer to Tennessee so I can have some decent roads to drive on.

This is the classic slow sports car thats great fun to drive fast!!!:cool:

To sum it all up I gave up on the car too and got my deposit back.
A week later I got back into the game and after a month of agony I got my car.
It took 10 years to get my hands on a Harley. I couldn't even get on the waiting list. Believe me this car is worth the wait.

You look great in your car Rick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maverick said:
Good luck, my suggestion would be that you go lease a Porsch....you sound like you are way too good for a SKY.
funny..... is it you or me who is acting snooty?:rolleyes:

I drove a mitsubishi lancer evolution.... oh yea, im high class..... lol

my point about the other cars is that im not really a roadster kind of guy.... and if you asked me a year ago if id ever drive a Saturn I would have laughed..... I like GM, I love vettes...... anyways.... the Miata is nice, the S2000 is okay and the Redline is sweet (turbo!) and the Porsche is only 3 times the price

but ultimatley Id want a hard-top again , new G35, GTR or evo X (4dr)

-shu

·
Registered
358 Posts
Looking forward to.....

Okay Okay here's the real deal. I just sold my Jag and cancelled a Boxter S for this car (silver graphite) in Sept. Got all the toys. This is the best looking roadster on American roads in years! I'm not a snob just like great looking cars. Anyway, like it was said there are lots of those "other cars" on the road. Looking forward to a long and happy relationship. Who knows one day it could be a classic!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ShahulX said:
funny..... is it you or me who is acting snooty?:rolleyes:

I drove a mitsubishi lancer evolution.... oh yea, im high class..... lol

my point about the other cars is that im not really a roadster kind of guy.... and if you asked me a year ago if id ever drive a Saturn I would have laughed..... I like GM, I love vettes...... anyways.... the Miata is nice, the S2000 is okay and the Redline is sweet (turbo!) and the Porsche is only 3 times the price

but ultimatley Id want a hard-top again , new G35, GTR or evo X (4dr)

-shu
Hey there Shu,

From the sound of things you have your heart in the right place when it comes to owning a roadster. The Sky RL must be a serious consideration especially along side the Mazda and Honda. The Sky will get a ton of looks and will be a ton of fun to have for the next couple years before your upgrade... I guess the question mainly would be is if you want a roadster or not. Some of the cars you wish to ultimately own have little or nothing in common with the Sky and it may be the type of car thats not good for you rather than the model.

I do like your taste in cars however, as someone who was 99% of the way of buying a G35 until I saw pictures of the Sky from the 2004 Detroit Auto Show, I can appreciate your wishlist. I am extremely pleased with my choice however and the fact I see about ten gun-metal G35 coupes a day (most of which starring at the Sky) helps to reaffirm I made a good choice.

I do think the 24 month lease will be hard to come by... but if the Sky stays a novelty and demand remains high you may be able to own one for a couple years have get a very good private resale price - infact I bet it will hold its value as well as the Infiniti does.

Either way, if for two years you want a roadster... why get something thats bland and why get something too expensive, I think the Sky suits your needs and tastes just fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Graysky said:
Okay Okay here's the real deal. I just sold my Jag and cancelled a Boxter S for this car (silver graphite) in Sept. Got all the toys. This is the best looking roadster on American roads in years! I'm not a snob just like great looking cars. Anyway, like it was said there are lots of those "other cars" on the road. Looking forward to a long and happy relationship. Who knows one day it could be a classic!
thank you.... although I have no Jag to sell...I have been able to look for $35-50 sports cars this year.... but the ability to get a hott car thats decently fast for $27k is an OPTION..... thats what this is for me.... dont castrate me because Im looking at other options too.... before my EVO I was also looking at S2000's and STi's..... and when I bought my RSX I looked at the Celica GTS.... is it bad to have options?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey this is America. It's GOOD to have choices. I guess my thought is that these cars seem to be in high demand with very few being built. Living in a large northeast city I have seen only one Sky and countless exotic cars every day of the week. I guess I like to be a little different than everyone else. Hell I can't belive it's a Saturn. I never thought I would consider one in this life time. As the old saying goes "never say never"! Good luck on whatever you decide.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Graysky said:
Hey this is America. It's GOOD to have choices. I guess my thought is that these cars seem to be in high demand with very few being built. Living in a large northeast city I have seen only one Sky and countless exotic cars every day of the week. I guess I like to be a little different than everyone else. Hell I can't belive it's a Saturn. I never thought I would consider one in this life time. As the old saying goes "never say never"! Good luck on whatever you decide.
thank you much.... the est part really is that ther is no real "wrong" answer....:thumbs:

-shahul

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1994SC2 said:
Hey there Shu,

From the sound of things you have your heart in the right place when it comes to owning a roadster. The Sky RL must be a serious consideration especially along side the Mazda and Honda. The Sky will get a ton of looks and will be a ton of fun to have for the next couple years before your upgrade... I guess the question mainly would be is if you want a roadster or not. Some of the cars you wish to ultimately own have little or nothing in common with the Sky and it may be the type of car thats not good for you rather than the model.

I do like your taste in cars however, as someone who was 99% of the way of buying a G35 until I saw pictures of the Sky from the 2004 Detroit Auto Show, I can appreciate your wishlist. I am extremely pleased with my choice however and the fact I see about ten gun-metal G35 coupes a day (most of which starring at the Sky) helps to reaffirm I made a good choice.

I do think the 24 month lease will be hard to come by... but if the Sky stays a novelty and demand remains high you may be able to own one for a couple years have get a very good private resale price - infact I bet it will hold its value as well as the Infiniti does.

Either way, if for two years you want a roadster... why get something thats bland and why get something too expensive, I think the Sky suits your needs and tastes just fine.

that was a great answer :yesnod:

Your right...I just hope that since the base sky is a sky also that you dont see ALOT of them running around in 2 years... which I think you will.... but I can always lease from another company....

I traded in a guys Civic Si and he didnt get as much as he thought and was like "its an Si", and our answer was..."its a Civic" , I can see the same argument with a Mazdaspeed Miata now and someday the redlines.... imagine trading in a Ion redline.... they wouldnt care that its a redline

but I guess with enough down your right that resale should be okay if I keep the miles down and you do it while the Sky doesnt become TOO commonplace....

regardless I think this is a great victory for GM if it does.... there is no wrong answer so we shall see!

-Shahul

·
Registered
358 Posts
Chocolate or vanilla?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I can't decide... I'm thinking I want to get a SKY, but I think I might be better off with a Harley, or a Hummer. But then again I hear that the ladies really like the Vermont Teddy Bears.

Which one is best?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
ShahulX said:
that was a great answer :yesnod:

Your right...I just hope that since the base sky is a sky also that you dont see ALOT of them running around in 2 years... which I think you will.... but I can always lease from another company....

I traded in a guys Civic Si and he didnt get as much as he thought and was like "its an Si", and our answer was..."its a Civic" , I can see the same argument with a Mazdaspeed Miata now and someday the redlines.... imagine trading in a Ion redline.... they wouldnt care that its a redline

but I guess with enough down your right that resale should be okay if I keep the miles down and you do it while the Sky doesnt become TOO commonplace....

regardless I think this is a great victory for GM if it does.... there is no wrong answer so we shall see!

-Shahul
GM is pretty committed to 10,000 or less a year... They want zero inventory and really want to shy away from leases...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jdigiant said:
I can't decide... I'm thinking I want to get a SKY, but I think I might be better off with a Harley, or a Hummer. But then again I hear that the ladies really like the Vermont Teddy Bears.

Which one is best?
that quite a dilemma you got there.....

:rolleyes:

-shu

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Ok everything was going swimingly until "...hence why im planning a 24 month lease..." When I last spoke to a GM rep his words were "No plans to make the SKY available for lease at least for a year ot two..."
Considering the RL won't be avilable until Sept.... looks like you are barking up the wrong tree.
All the other cars you mention are nice, not SKYs mind you but nice - Very available and common.
He does not mention where he is from...we have leasing programs through GMAC in Canada

1 - 18 of 18 Posts