Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm a little "Sky" high right now. It's Saturday evening, and I picked up my Sky today at around noon. This has been a day to remember. I've have read various threads from those of you that have received your Sky's, but none of you have really prepared me for what I experienced today. THIS CAR IS AWESOME! I look at it and I feel like crying, or laughing or stuttering, or all of the above. I CAN'T BELEIVE IT'S MINE! It drives like a dream! The ride is so, so, so.....responsive....smooth.....fluid.....fast......WONDERFUL! I have owned three Corvettes in my life: a '69, a '76, and an '84. They were certainly nice cars, but there is something about this little "4-banger beauty" that is different. The look is AGELESS! I am convinced this design will become a CLASSIC! My wife and I drove the car to various freinds and family homes, and I am not exagerating when I say I have heard the word "wow" at least 40 times today. Sometimes it was a screamed "WOW!!!" Sometimes is was a hardly audible "under the breath" wow. But there were a bunch of wows!!! And I can understand why. This car is a wow!
If you have your Sky already, I now understand why you are so enthusiastic about this car! If you don't have your's yet, and are among those that are waiting, you have no idea what you are in for.....you couldn't, because you won't fully be able to appreciate what the wait is for, or why it is all worth it, until you actually have yours.
Here are some pics of my WOW.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Great Photos!

Is there anyway you can get some with the top up? I am gettng a redline just lik yours and have been ponderng about getting the spoiler, but finally decided not to....thanks and congratulations!:thumbs:

·
Registered
76 Posts
GREAT LOOKING ADDITION TO THE FAMILY.... ENJOY THE :driving:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
So you're sayin you like it then? :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
i had all those feelings my 1st day also....it doesnt go away either...great pics

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll take some pictures tomorrow with the top up and post them here. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
one word: WOW!!! :lol:

congrats and welcome to the owner's club!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hipsky said:
I'll take some pictures tomorrow with the top up and post them here. :)

You Da Man HIPSKY!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Hipsky said:
Hi everyone,
I'm a little "Sky" high right now. It's Saturday evening, and I picked up my Sky today at around noon. This has been a day to remember. I've have read various threads from those of you that have received your Sky's, but none of you have really prepared me for what I experienced today. THIS CAR IS AWESOME! I look at it and I feel like crying, or laughing or stuttering, or all of the above. I CAN'T BELEIVE IT'S MINE! It drives like a dream! The ride is so, so, so.....responsive....smooth.....fluid.....fast......WONDERFUL! I have owned three Corvettes in my life: a '69, a '76, and an '84. They were certainly nice cars, but there is something about this little "4-banger beauty" that is different. The look is AGELESS! I am convinced this design will become a CLASSIC! My wife and I drove the car to various freinds and family homes, and I am not exagerating when I say I have heard the word "wow" at least 40 times today. Sometimes it was a screamed "WOW!!!" Sometimes is was a hardly audible "under the breath" wow. But there were a bunch of wows!!! And I can understand why. This car is a wow!
If you have your Sky already, I now understand why you are so enthusiastic about this car! If you don't have your's yet, and are among those that are waiting, you have no idea what you are in for.....you couldn't, because you won't fully be able to appreciate what the wait is for, or why it is all worth it, until you actually have yours.
Here are some pics of my WOW.
Congratulations, love the color!! You have pretty much summed it up, WOW!!! Enjoy the many miles of smiles, and the instant celebrity status you have now achieved!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
:cheers: My twin! Your gonna love it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Congrats!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Beautiful pictures, great looking car, what more can I say! Do you know what day you were built and/or shipped? Trying to get an idea when mine will be here a couple hundred miles to the north of you.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Hey, there are two types of people on this forum...

Those that have their SKY and know how indescribable it is...

And those who are waiting, and think that they know what it will be like, but in reality have absolutely no idea... nooooo idea...

·
Registered
72 Posts
jdigiant said:

And those who are waiting, and think that they know what it will be like, but in reality have absolutely no idea... nooooo idea...
I'm with you on this. A picture may be worth a 1000 words but having an actual Sky in the drive way is indescribable.

I've had my Sky going on two months now and I still am amazed about how incredible this car looks. I find myself staring at her all the tiime and I own her! I simply cannot believe how beautiful she is.

Jim

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
jdigiant said:

I am one of those rare people (thanks to the hell dog), who got a chance to drive a Sky for a day. All I can say is , even being exhausted from having driven for 8 hours in the hot SoCal sun and knowing that there was three hour ride home ahead. I kept hoping that Mark would be too tired to drive and let me drive home as well. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
richmcc said:
I am one of those rare people (thanks to the hell dog), who got a chance to drive a Sky for a day. All I can say is , even being exhausted from having driven for 8 hours in the hot SoCal sun and knowing that there was three hour ride home ahead. I kept hoping that Mark would be too tired to drive and let me drive home as well. :D
Wait 'til it's yours, buddy. Wait 'til it's yours.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts