Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the destination charges are included in the base price of a Sky? My dealer added these charges to my base sky, but yesterday another dealer told me that destination charges are included in the base price.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
jarcher said:
Does anyone know if the destination charges are included in the base price of a Sky? My dealer added these charges to my base sky, but yesterday another dealer told me that destination charges are included in the base price.
I'm in the same boat, was thinking of calling Saturn 800 number.

·
1,012 Posts
It says it right next to the msrp tho on the price sheet that the dealer has, i'll scan it tommorow and show you.

It says RL 2x,xxx, (including destination charges)

then my dealer wrote in pen

Transportation Fee: $545

Perhaps one of the dealers here can tell us whats going on with thier sales.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hm, the destination charge was added to my base Sky and the dealer who told me the destination charge was included in the base price was speaking of an RL. I suppose it's possible that the dest charge is rolled into the RL buy not the base Sky, but I would bet good money that it's the same for both, whatever it is.

·
Registered
432 Posts
jarcher said:
It depends on what you're looking at for the "Base Price". Before the price increase a few weeks ago, the "Base price" was $23,115 plus $575 destination = $23,690. Now the base price, including destination is $24,195. Add your options to that price to determine the total MSRP.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just did an online chat with a Saturn rep and asked if MSRP included destination charges. Her one word answer was "Yes." I explained that the dealer charged me the destination charge anyhow and she explained that MSRP does not include "retailer fees." Fair enough. Too bad the little chat applet would not let me copy the text out.

In my case, the salesperson listed each line item for my total price and he listed the destination charge, which was added to the inflated MSRP (they add a 9% premuim).

Also, I was also told that the person who ordered the vehicle had requested LoJack and that the LoJack had already been installed. When I was looking through my LoJack paperwork a few days later I noticed an "install date" listed. It was the day I picked up the Sky. Maybe that was the activation date as opposed to the day the LoJack was actually installed. I intend to contact LoJack to see if they can advise on this.

Its one thing when they inflate the price and tell me right out that they did. They said they added 9% to MSRP as a premium. However, finding other tricky ways to inflate the price, like charging the destination charge twice and installing options they said had already been installed, starts to sound like fraud. I am supposed to go down there on a seperate issue tomorrow and I intend to ask the salesman about the destination charge being charged twice. If I don't get either a darn good explanation or a refund, I'll be contacting the RI Attorney General's office in the afternoon.

I am really starting to regret dealing with Saturn :mad:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SKY VUE 1 said:
It depends on what you're looking at for the "Base Price". Before the price increase a few weeks ago, the "Base price" was $23,115 plus $575 destination = $23,690. Now the base price, including destination is $24,195. Add your options to that price to determine the total MSRP.
Can you tell me the exact date of that price increase and which Skys were affected? I'm now wondering if my Sky is a pre-increase Sky but I was charged the raised price anyhow...

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
SKY VUE 1 said:
Yes. I pulled the factory sticker for a look (yes i know it has a formal name, just cant remember).
It shows the base price (23,115, old price) then factory options, and at the bottom a 575 destination charge.
Without any options this would have been 23,690 as a total MSRP including delivery.

The dealers sales contract just lists this factory sticker amount as price of car with no further destination charges.

HPH

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cerberus said:
Yes. I pulled the factory sticker for a look (yes i know it has a formal name, just cant remember).
It shows the base price (23,115, old price) then factory options, and at the bottom a 575 destination charge.
Without any options this would have been 23,690 as a total MSRP including delivery.

The dealers sales contract just lists this factory sticker amount as price of car with no further destination charges.

HPH
Strangely, I was not given the factory sticker when I picked up my Sky. The salesman promised to give it to me tomorrow. That will answer a few questions.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
jarcher said:
Strangely, I was not given the factory sticker when I picked up my Sky. The salesman promised to give it to me tomorrow. That will answer a few questions.
Check the bottom right corner. Just above the final price.

Total vehicle & options - 23,115 (if no options at all)
Destination charge - 575
Total Vehicle Price* - 23,690

In the fine print.

This label has been applied pursuant to Federal law - Do not remove prior to delivery to
the ultimate purcaser. * Includes Manufacturer's Recommended Pre-Delivery Service.
Does not include dealer installed options or accessories not listed above, local taxes
or license fees.

·
Registered
432 Posts
jarcher said:
Can you tell me the exact date of that price increase and which Skys were affected? I'm now wondering if my Sky is a pre-increase Sky but I was charged the raised price anyhow...
It was just in the last few weeks, but if your order was in before then you should be "price protected". Do a search for "price protect" and look for a thread by deluke.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cerberus said:
This label has been applied pursuant to Federal law - Do not remove prior to delivery to the ultimate purcaser.
WOW! Maybe that's why the salesman found it so quickly for me. I called him asking about it a few days after I picked up the car and he said he didn't know if it was still around, but he would take a look. I told him I really wanted it.

Maybe I am being too hard. Any one of these things (dest charge twice, LoJack listed as installed on pickup day, no sticker on window) could be an honest mistake. But all these things together are just making me feel cheated.

Do you guys think I am over reacting? If so, let me know before I go make a fool of myself :willy:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And a big THANK YOU to everyone who has replied. It's all great info!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
jarcher said:
Do you guys think I am over reacting? If so, let me know before I go make a fool of myself :willy:
Over-reacting? Not here. Just asking questions and learning.
Just don't over-react with your dealer.
Keep cool and stick to business. Firm but not shrill.
You'll never be a "fool" so long as you stay calm.
Don't box em in or push any harder than you have to. Gives yourself more to work with if you need to dial it up.
Just my opinion.
Good luck.

·
1,012 Posts
jarcher said:
WOW! Maybe that's why the salesman found it so quickly for me. I called him asking about it a few days after I picked up the car and he said he didn't know if it was still around, but he would take a look. I told him I really wanted it.

Maybe I am being too hard. Any one of these things (dest charge twice, LoJack listed as installed on pickup day, no sticker on window) could be an honest mistake. But all these things together are just making me feel cheated.

I don't think you're over reacting. Lojack aint so bad, the 9% mark up, i couldnt swing it. But listen if you can afford it, and u like the car, then by all means don't drive yourself nuts trying to rethink everything. Alot of people paid 5k mark ups on thier solstices without lo-jack. And if it really bothers you, don't recomend the place to anyone, ever.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Question for you folks who ordered you Skys... Did the window sticker have your name on it or in some way indicate that the car was built for you?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm waiting to see what happens when mine comes in. When I put down my deposit I had a "build your own" sheet complete with prices off the Saturn website. My dealer said they only charge msrp and stapled a copy of the sheet to my paperwork.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
jarcher said:
Question for you folks who ordered you Skys... Did the window sticker have your name on it or in some way indicate that the car was built for you?
The sheet had the VIN which matched the GM Order Workbench paper work, which had my name on it..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts