Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Car critic Ed Wallace test drives a new American-made convertible under $30,000 that is turning heads, the brand new Saturn Sky."

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.2.1

He doesn't drive it but rather just walks around it and talks. This was broadcast last Thursday morning on Channel 4, the FOX station here in DFW.

I'm not a big fan of most his reviews, or maybe it's just the way he talks & presents the review that kinda annoys me...LOL.

It's a forest green Sky with tan top/tan interior/chrome wheels. :thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
OMG that HAIR! That hair should be... illegal... at least a misdemeanor, $200 fine, SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ku4zs said:
OMG that HAIR! That hair should be... illegal... at least a misdemeanor, $200 fine, SOMETHING, ANYTHING.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aha! So that's what's so annoying about his reviews...his awful hair style!
I guess mullets are back in style now...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
877 Posts
That guy's an ass clown

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
When I look in the mirror, bald doesn't look so bad after seeing this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you ever listen to his radio show on Saturdays you would change your mind on his quality of reviews. I consider him a respected journalist. Just after 9/11 he took over for a reporter that left the station. For about 4 weeks. It was amazing having someone who took the time to cover the story. To do some research and not just talk out of his ass.
From that time onward I have listened to his automotive talk show on 570 am.
He is a blessing. Very informative. Amazing when he researches something like the high gas prices.
As for the hair. Well everyone has their own style.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
hersheytx said:
If you ever listen to his radio show on Saturdays you would change your mind on his quality of reviews. I consider him a respected journalist. Just after 9/11 he took over for a reporter that left the station. For about 4 weeks. It was amazing having someone who took the time to cover the story. To do some research and not just talk out of his ass.
From that time onward I have listened to his automotive talk show on 570 am.
He is a blessing. Very informative. Amazing when he researches something like the high gas prices.
As for the hair. Well everyone has their own style.
I agree, he is very knowledgeable and I enjoy his talk shows on Saturday mornings!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:agree: it is good to listen to more than a reporter. Most do nothing but read what is placed in front of them by some news editor. Much is how they present the information.
Like everything in life there are two sides to every story.
He admits both the SKY & Solstice are a sold out items so why ... not just looks ...
I think it is a marvelous detailed machine. And the outstanding way Saturn/GM has addressed the problems that surface is also most impressive. :thumbs:

Can you imagine having a career where you must find something negative. It could be a play, a movie, a car, the news or restaurants. How about finding and highlighting positive things and report weaknesses honestly so folks are informed. It almost is with glee they toss negatives around. I vote by turning the channel and now get upset with the style of negative excitement to increase ratings. Tragedy is a promotion to these people. They care less of balance and truth .. they got to report the story first!
Of course we have to blame society (our selves) because if their ratings dropped they would change reporting styles fast.
How about the weatherman? The way some carry on you would think they actually had some control of the weather. Just report the facts and quite taking responsiblity good or bad.
Sorry for the rant ....:deadhorse

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Attention forum members, attention ...we have found the MULLET man . He is alive and well, just a little bit older.......Skip....We now return you to the original thread.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
His review of the Ford Fusion may give you some insight into how balanced he is on car reviews. He has stated that the Fusion has a ride and drive that is better then the Honda Accord or Toyota Camery. He goes out of his way to talk about the stupid things GM does, but praises them on their new line of trucks. (stupid thing Gm did was buy into Fiat).
I do not think his reporting on the SKY was negative. In fact I believe he gave it good marks. As for the engine noise comment, I will have to wait for others to confirm his thoughts.
I do agree with you on reporters always finding the negatives in any story.
IF you get a chance go online www.klif.com and click on his listen button. ITs on Saturdays between 8am and 1 pm CST.
I think you will find it very interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts