Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you Dallas Metroplex Sky owners had a CAI installed by your Saturn dealership? The two that I've dealt with have never installed a CAI on a Sky.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Based on what I have seen for installation and read in published instructions, if the Tech's at your Saturn Store can't do the job -- they need to turn in their toolboxes.:lol:
First - it (the GM CAI) comes with complete instructions and secondly, from what I've seen 80% of the world could install it intuitively.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on what I have seen for installation and read in published instructions, if the Tech's at your Saturn Store can't do the job -- they need to turn in their toolboxes.:lol:
First - it (the GM CAI) comes with complete instructions and secondly, from what I've seen 80% of the world could install it intuitively.
:thumbs:
Yep.. I was thinking the same thing.. I know I could get it done at a very good performance shop here in Dallas, but I want to make sure that there are no warranty issues and have it done by Saturn/GM.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yep.. I was thinking the same thing.. I know I could get it done at a very good performance shop here in Dallas, but I want to make sure that there are no warranty issues and have it done by Saturn/GM.
Saturn of Arlington has done several, they installed mine on Serenity, as a matter of fact mine was the first one they ever installed, I expect they have done well over a dozen or more by now, they delivered 26 Base, and 1 R/L to date. They can handle it no sweat.:thumbs: As a matter of fact tghey have done all the Tech Service upgrades, several performance suspension, fenderwell replacements, etc, Great people that do great work!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saturn of Arlington has done several, they installed mine on Serenity, as a matter of fact mine was the first one they ever installed, I expect they have done well over a dozen or more by now, they delivered 26 Base, and 1 R/L to date. They can handle it no sweat.:thumbs: As a matter of fact tghey have done all the Tech Service upgrades, several performance suspension, fenderwell replacements, etc, Great people that do great work!!!:thumbs:
Great! I'll get S of A on the phone and get "Joy" scheduled for her first doctor's appointment! :thumbs:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have any of you Dallas Metroplex Sky owners had a CAI installed by your Saturn dealership? The two that I've dealt with have never installed a CAI on a Sky.
Saturn of Arlington put mine on without any problems.:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.. Getting my CAI put on tomorrow. :thumbs: What has been your noticeable difference/improvement after getting the CAI installed? (i.e. sound, gas mileage, hp)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thanks.. Getting my CAI put on tomorrow. :thumbs: What has been your noticeable difference/improvement after getting the CAI installed? (i.e. sound, gas mileage, hp)
Ya gotta love this place! Don't cha??:thumbs:
Thankx to Tx-Sky and our very own Ernest... :cheers: They are :cool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya gotta love this place! Don't cha??:thumbs:
Thankx to Tx-Sky and our very own Ernest... :cheers: They are :cool:
Yes sir.. I certainly do! Lot's of good people with a wealth of knowledge and so willing to help. :thumbs:

·
Registered
197 Posts
You can definitely notice an increase in power.
Nice deeper tone to motor and exhaust. :)
Never have checked mileage. Seems like 23 or 24 was on the digital display recently.
I also drive a full size 4x4 Silverado truck which makes horrible mileage.
So, mileage is something I just don't want to know. :D
It's just a whole lot better with the Sky than the truck.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
You can definitely notice an increase in power.
Nice deeper tone to motor and exhaust. :)
Never have checked mileage. Seems like 23 or 24 was on the digital display recently.
I also drive a full size 4x4 Silverado truck which makes horrible mileage.
So, mileage is something I just don't want to know. :D
It's just a whole lot better with the Sky than the truck.
How about a dyno run, I think the whole forum would like to know the official improvement if any......any chance you can take one for the team?:thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts