Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
actually, its a serious question... have I? or haven't I? my dealer faxed me this bill of sale for me to sign and fax back... but, does that mean my order is officially in? Bill of sale is attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I heard Crowfoot is ordering now as well...I imagine your vehicle has officially been ordered.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Your order with teh dealership is final I believe. However now your dealership has to allot your order to one of their allotments, place it in rank of their Sky orders, and have GM pick it up via Satelite. We're going to discover the joy of the GM order process soon and all the order stages. I'll try to find the list at the SOlstice forum and post it here.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet! :D:D:D he said i had been assigned to spot #5 i believe. I'll ask, next time i talk to him, if he's sent it via satellite yet

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
101jinx101 said:
sweet! :D:D:D he said i had been assigned to spot #5 i believe. I'll ask, next time i talk to him, if he's sent it via satellite yet
GM picks them up, dealers don't send them out. I think pickup is every Tue for Pontiac dealerships at least, information updates are every Thur. GM doesn't pick the orders up till they're ready to move on to the next steps of the process. So you'll sit at like the 1xxx order status for a while till GM starts pulling orders.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
101jinx101 said:
actually, its a serious question... have I? or haven't I? my dealer faxed me this bill of sale for me to sign and fax back... but, does that mean my order is officially in? Bill of sale is attached.
All that means is you have an offical order at that dealership, nothing has been sent to GM at this time, and i talked to my dealer yesterday and he said ordering will take place "soon"... I am sure as soon as official ordering takes place they will have it in the computer system... Like many others have said, they haven' got an official 'Image" out yet and they need that to order by.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
My dealer has me in a holding pattern too. He says there is nothing in the computer yet so he can't place an order. I to have a hand written order sheet.

The only thing interesting I noted from your order sheet is the "Factory Order Number". Does that mean your dealer has actually been in contact with Saturn or is this just a number he has put down to make you feel good. I don't know.

Anyway the hole bunch of us will be ordering the real thing within a month I suspect :grouphug: . I've told my dealer to call me as soon as I can order and that I'll come right in.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
This kinda confirms that CANADA is able to order and we are NOT... :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
238 Posts
In todays News Journal ( Wilmington Delaware's Paper) it says that "workers are gearing up for the launch of the Saturn Sky in the spring".

·
Registered
46 Posts
Info for skys in illinois

I JUST got off the phone with my dealer in Central Illinois and was told that they do not know when the official ordering will begin. He did say that they will begin manufacturing the sky in February and they hope to have the first one in March at the dealership. He then said that they HOPE to have 5 by May. So me being 4th on the list here isn't too bad I guess. I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
All that means is you have an offical order at that dealership, nothing has been sent to GM at this time, and i talked to my dealer yesterday and he said ordering will take place "soon"... I am sure as soon as official ordering takes place they will have it in the computer system... Like many others have said, they haven' got an official 'Image" out yet and they need that to order by.

Nobody on here wants to believe that some Canadian dealerships have their images and can/are ordering RIGHT NOW. Did everyone skip over the post where my image was there as clear as day? I guess you don't want to believe that someone else's car has been ordered and not yours.

I am not calling you out SkyMan but your post seems to sum up the general feelings here. I am NOT LYING. Call Saturn of Langley, they have ordered...we have ordered...and I heard through the grapevine that Crowfoot has ordered too. The images were out here the week before Christmas...we had to wait until the District Sales Manager said we could order though...some dealerships have been told to go ahead and some have not. I do not know what the criteria is for getting the go ahead.

If anyone still does not believe me that is fine. I won't bring it up again.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
I guess you don't want to believe that someone else's car has been ordered and not yours.
Well, that's pretty much how I feel! I did see your image but chose to block it out of my memory. I should also add that in my little world, the Solstice has yet to debut.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
reedred said:
Well, that's pretty much how I feel! I did see your image but chose to block it out of my memory. I should also add that in my little world, the Solstice has yet to debut.
HA HA HA...ok fair enough. I'll shut up now!

We'll all be cruising in style soon enough. Does it really matter who gets to order first? I am sure you guys will have your units on the ground before me. It usually takes 8-10 weeks for our normal factory orders to get here and I am sure this is no normal order with the factory shift changes and training the new workers and so on.

Acutally...anyone know if they are going to have a "1st 1000" badge like the sols did? It actually looks pretty cool in the sols

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Nobody on here wants to believe that some Canadian dealerships have their images and can/are ordering RIGHT NOW. Did everyone skip over the post where my image was there as clear as day? I guess you don't want to believe that someone else's car has been ordered and not yours.

I am not calling you out SkyMan but your post seems to sum up the general feelings here. I am NOT LYING. Call Saturn of Langley, they have ordered...we have ordered...and I heard through the grapevine that Crowfoot has ordered too. The images were out here the week before Christmas...we had to wait until the District Sales Manager said we could order though...some dealerships have been told to go ahead and some have not. I do not know what the criteria is for getting the go ahead.

If anyone still does not believe me that is fine. I won't bring it up again.
I guess with the new homeland security stuff you need to have your orders in alot earlier than we do so they can look over the wording very carefully and make sure there are no coded messages in there :jester:

PS I have sent you a PM explaining something and maybe that will clear up some things between us.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, crowfoot is ordering as well, that is where i have my order in... I have my GM order number and, according to Brentil's magnificent list (good job and thank you, btw Brentil!) my status is right before #2500 right now. All i'm waiting on is for GM to "pick up" my order :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts