Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these trolling through Cars.com

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is - I saw one at the Saturn dealer in Manassas, VA 2 days ago on the showroom floor. It really is quite beautiful! If I bought on that color, step 1 would be changing out all the dash lights to blue LEDs...

Duh - just clicked on the pics after I posted this - that IS the one I saw and sat in!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I like the color quite a bit, but I can do with out the stripes.:thumbs:
:agree: I love that color..well not as much as Blue Stone, but the stripe has to go...just ruins the whole car, I do however like the "Sky" logo on the seat in Blue..and the rims!:thumbs: Great Pictures!

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
This is a great color. If I was starting over again, it would be a tough decision between my red and this blue.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a great color. If I was starting over again, it would be a tough decision between my red and this blue.
I hear ya, but for me it would be the Hydro Blue or the Ruby Red SE. Love the wheels and the stitching details on the seats. White would factor into this mix somewhere too. Damn, why can't I just win the lottery?

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I LOVE blue -
and I love my Midnight Blue Red Line.
BUT
if I were to buy a Sky right now - it would most definitely be a Ruby Red. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Why do I keep thinking 60-70's Mustang? Where have I seen this color before?
. . . and Ford Maverick ? :lol:
Yup, looks very similar to "Ford Grabber Blue" to me, too.
A hair darker though.​

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't we see this color at Mecca last year? If it is the same, I like it a bit more in these pics than I did at the plant. Still not for me, though!
I wasn't there last year but yes, I believe you did. I would have to see it in person myself but I'm liking it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
It is - I saw one at the Saturn dealer in Manassas, VA 2 days ago on the showroom floor. It really is quite beautiful! If I bought on that color, step 1 would be changing out all the dash lights to blue LEDs...

Duh - just clicked on the pics after I posted this - that IS the one I saw and sat in!
Sooooo.....That's where the "seat wrinkles" came from :lol:

·
Registered
300 Posts
LOL! Yes - you caught me - I weigh 450 pounds and have sat in every Sky made to date! They all have seat wrinkles and have a slight bias to lean to the left.

Truly - you do have to see it in person - it is stunning. I didn't think I would like the stripe, but in person it does look cool - could go either way on that. As far as the ruby red - the same dealer had one of those last fall (which I also sat in!) and it was magnificent too. So, my plan is to buy one of each. Anyone want to start pooling some money?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wow....That Hydro Blue LE is really pretty. I'll bet in the sun it would be incredible. The Solstice Coupe IMO looks -really- off in that color. Again, just my own opinion.

I got to finally get out with some Solstice/Sky people today at Texas Motor Speedway. There was a Brazen Orange Solstice GXP there that just GRABBED your attention. That color looked SO right on that car. They said it was even more amazing in the sun (it was very cloudy). There was also a Bluestone Sky with the TAN TOP, that was knocked OUT. They told me they had seen a Techno Grey Sky or Solstice with the Tan top, and that car blew them away. I agree, that would be a very cool combo. As I said to them, I wish I could afford to buy 5-6 of these cars....

As for the seat stitching, both the Ruby Red LE and Hydro Blue LE have matching colored stitching used thru the interior. The word "Sky", the seats stitching, the stitching on the shifter boot and steering wheel too are the same color as the car. The other LE was the Carbon Flash, and it had seats that were different. They got black and grey leather that looked REALLY cool!

Supposedly, they made 500 Carbon Flash Redlines, and 500 Carbon Flash NA Skys. The same number of Ruby Red LEs were made. Dealers on here have said that GM will only make 200 of each of the Hydro Blue Sky LE. Wilmington will build its very last Sky within the next few months, so I hope you guys get what car you want while you still can brand new.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have to say that the Hydro Blue is awsome. The only thing that bothers me about the 09 SE's is the seats and stearing wheel are straight black, like Jeff in DFW stated. The 08SE has the light titanium leather inserts. I do like the blue lettering, but I still would take my Carbon Flash over the Hydro Blue. I'm VERY happy I got the 2008 Carbon Flash SE Red Line. Thats my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts