Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
If the blue has a heavy metallic, like the Ruby Red, then I would love it. I know pictures can be deceiving, but it is looking like a flat blue to me, and I am not liking that. Makes me think Miata Blue.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
If the blue has a heavy metallic, like the Ruby Red, then I would love it. I know pictures can be deceiving, but it is looking like a flat blue to me, and I am not liking that. Makes me think Miata Blue.:lol::lol:
The evening blue is a flat color and from the looks of it the Hydro is Metallic , like my Blue Stone!:thumbs:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow....That Hydro Blue LE is really pretty. I'll bet in the sun it would be incredible. The Solstice Coupe IMO looks -really- off in that color. Again, just my own opinion.
Jeff, have to agree with you on the Coupe. Something just seems "off" about it in the Hydro Blue.. Maybe it's just the way the picture was taken or we are all just so used to the windshield surround being silver, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
. . . and Ford Maverick ? :lol:
Yup, looks very similar to "Ford Grabber Blue" to me, too.
A hair darker though.​
That's my issue with the color...Love the shade, but that's a Ford color, and doesn't really fit on a GM car.

If my Sky were totaled today and I was to replace it with another Kappa, I'd go with the Ruby Red, and that's if I didn't go with a Solstice Coupe of the same shade. :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I liked the SKY logo in blue!!:thumbs: Not going to say where I saw one though! :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
I hope it looks better in person than the pic's....although a car with no metal flake isn't for everyone...I LOVE that our car is a *flat* paint. I do like the stitching on the seats though...looks sharp against the dark leather!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kind of a "Hit & Miss" with me,l would love to see one at the dealer...and as for the stripe maybe in black or a darker blue would do it for me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Does anyone know how much a Special Edition Hydro Blue Sky Redline 5spd sells for?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't like it at all! It looks like a Con Edison Sky! :barf: Midnight Blue, Carbon Flash, and Ruby Red are way nicer!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Nice shots Chili. Did you snap those at MECCA?
Yep, I took them just for you, I know you were asking about them and when we were hanging out the side of the plant I took these, knew you would like them....just waiting to be put on a truck!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey Chili...your pics of the Hydro Blue do it more justice than the internet pics....still an interesting shade of blue.............

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yep, I took them just for you, I know you were asking about them and when we were hanging out the side of the plant I took these, knew you would like them....just waiting to be put on a truck!!!
Thanks! Too bad you didn't grab me by the arm and drag my sorry ass over there! Would have love to have seen those..Guess I was too busy drooling over the 2010 Sol Coupe GXP in Kinetic Blue inside or waiting to get my hood taken care of in the TLC line.

Mucho gracias for posting them!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Interesting. That's a nice word for it!

The thing that really bugs me about the Hydro Blue SE (and the other Special Editions) is the Hitler 'stache on the front bumper. It's not as bad on Ruby Red because there's less contrast between the colors, but the way it's on there with nothing on the top of the bumper really irks me. I looked into doing something about mine, but the best solution seems to be taking the whole front stripe (which I otherwise love) off and starting over. :(

·
Registered
564 Posts
Interesting. That's a nice word for it!

The thing that really bugs me about the Hydro Blue SE (and the other Special Editions) is the Hitler 'stache on the front bumper. It's not as bad on Ruby Red because there's less contrast between the colors, but the way it's on there with nothing on the top of the bumper really irks me. I looked into doing something about mine, but the best solution seems to be taking the whole front stripe (which I otherwise love) off and starting over. :(
Reed-
Your Ruby Red is the ONLY one I like with the stripe....on your color it actually makes the color *sharper*....that hydro blue is just too flashy....but, this is only the opinion of someone who likes flat paint! LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not that it matters, but I wonder how well that color hides the dirt? I wash my car about once a month, but I know other people are not (and some are more) religious about it.

----------------------
My two favorite accessories
[Non-supporting Vendor URL removed]
Sky shift knobs

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
The dealer I bought my car from has one and it is a 5 speed.
I didn't check the price tag as I was blown away by how awesome it looked.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts