Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many dealers did something special for customers picking up their Sky's. I say a couple of posted pic's where I could see baloons. What did your dealer do for you?

I'm kinda wondering what to expect.:D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
They wiped all the drool off left by the Salespeople. Thats about it...

But they still had a big group to welcome my arrival and cheer on taking my new Sky.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not a darn thing. Shook my hand and things have since deteriorated. This has changed my view of Saturn (2 previous SC2's). The respect I had for the dealers is gone. Lets hope the Sky will be a good little car and I won't have to see them much.
Lisa
Dealer was Saturn of Vancouver Washington

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nothing here... Except close their doors 2 days later... no kidding,

There was a skeleton crew when I picked it up, and my salesguy had already moved to another delership. Didn't know a soul at the delivery... and the guy who ran me through the features... went home before I rolled out the door.. :rolleyes:

But, at least I got it, and that's all that mattered to me. I had visions of it showing up AFTER they closed.... :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, nothing special. In fact, they had me and 2 others picking up cars at the same time so it was a little crazy.

The dealer seemed genuinly excited for me (probably just glad that he wouldn't have to hear from me every couple of weeks wondering if there was any news)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
We can't tell you that.

It would ruin the surprise.

Also varies by dealer.

How many hours left till the pickup?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was pretty dissappointed too. When I purchased my first Saturn, they took a picture, had balloons, and sang a song. For my second purchase, they just sang a song. For my Sky - not a dang thing! All of these occured at different dealerships though (Greenville, SC; Tempe, AZ; Concord, NC).

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I got a big PINK bow.. and balloons...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
174 Posts
pdxskygirl said:
Not a darn thing. Shook my hand and things have since deteriorated. This has changed my view of Saturn (2 previous SC2's). The respect I had for the dealers is gone. Lets hope the Sky will be a good little car and I won't have to see them much.
Lisa
Dealer was Saturn of Vancouver Washington
If you are upset because he did not have ballons and other things, get over it. This is a Business, and if you did not want your Sky because he did not have a party for you..I laugh. There were others I am sure who would love to have your car. Now if it is the way they handled it, that could be another story...So tell us..........pphjj

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hate that go to one dealer treatments great but they don't have car in you want and other dealer won't trade so you have to go there and their horrible. Not saying saturn dealerships just past

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
When I picked mine up, they had a few balloons tied to the windshield wipers, a few other salesreps were called over and they sang the "thank you, thank you, thank you" song and my salesguy took a few pics of me with the car and later sent the pics, along with a handwritten "thank you" note to my house. My salesguy also owns a small restaurant and gave us a complimentary coupon for a free pizza. :thumbs:

Personally...I think they were all glad to finally get rid of me...:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
My salesman ,Jim Kerr, met me outside, Opened the door and said that I had a special tag on my Sky. Sure nuff, the tag said SKIPPY. it was the dealers ad tag turned around backwards. He showed me the car and in the front seat was the biggest container of SKIPPY peanut butter on the market. Of course Melody, the song of my heart, picked it up and asked for a spoon. She and I love SKIPPY peanut butter. Other than that a round of handshakes and drive careful. I had to clean off the drool myself when I got home.....Skip....:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
My Sky was presented in the delivery room with balloons attached. They took photos and put them in a nice silver desk frame with their dealership name and the Saturn logo on it. Then they all gathered around and gave three cheers as I drove out of the building. Later in the mail I received two coupons for a car wash at the local car wash. Of course we were all grinning from ear to ear because it was their first delivery of a Sky ( Mar 29th). My saleslady is Linda Bell at Saturn Of Greenwood, IN and they all are super to work with. We have now purchased 4 Saturns from Linda. My wife just picked up a new Vue last month.:driving: :driving:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Nothing special, just the car. But as the first SKY delivery I got a really cool poster that had been hanging on the wall of the dealership. That was very nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
when i got to the dealer to get my sky. it was in the showroom.
it had balloons on it .with a sign on the windsheild with my name.
it was detailed to the max. i was greeted by the salesgirl at the door.
i had never been to the dealer before i picked my sky up.
the owner came out to thank me and we had a nice visit.
they gave me a sky hat and t shirt.
pictures were taken i got one sent to me another is posted
at the dealer so customers can see it.
they have called me three times since i got the sky.
checking on how i like it and how there service was to me.

NY SKY GUY
BLACK ONYX
BLK LEATHER
AUTO /LTD SLIP
REAR SPOILER
6 DISC CD MONSOON SOUND
PICKED IT UP MAY 9TH
2900 MILES NOW
TROUBLE FREE

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
mine they pulled eveything outa the front covered area washed it pulled the car in the area layed out a red carpet to the door and had a welcome adam to the family sign and everyone from the dealership came out did a saturn cheer and each one shake my hand. it actually made me feel welcome unlike regular dealerships heres a pic :thumbs:
PS if ya look on the ground i already had that antenna off and had my stubby on :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Mine hired a local radio station for an afternoon and a couple of models to hang out on it for the day. Big deal of first SKY in Waco or as they put it "The SKY has fallen over Waco!" :thumbs: They also threw in the bit that I was a soldier that was able to get the first one. So it was a really cool day. :patriot:

·
Registered
160 Posts
After I signed the papers, my dealer reminded me that they get to keep my Sky till another came in - "in a week or so" - that wasn't a problem since I was out of town for awhile. He called me early the next week asking me if I could come in to pick it up. :cool: The salesman told me he was tired of keeping all the fingerprints off it! :D Sooo - we didn't to the usual grip and grin with key hand off - he gave me the microfiber buffing cloth.

Good folks with a great sense of humor!

Oh, yes, pictures all around and a tour of the Sky's features including OnStar set up.
:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
no balloons car was out front waiting, picture taking by salesman a handshake and a thank you, no goodies

·
Registered
692 Posts
Mine has arranged a special event to be held in my honor for being so patient and good looking. As a promtional event they have offered to sand the callouses off my toes so that I can "feel the road" better as I drive the folks in town wild with envy! ......whoops, that was the crazed dream I had last night, Doc told me this was gonna happen as the time passes, should have listened to Rick and taken the medications!!!!

Imaged 23/06/06
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake