Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturn has emailed a SKY EARLY RGISTRATION PROGRAM notice to me.
Go to the local dealer and officially sign up to be the first to be notified when it is time to come in to place my order...
Tomorrow I will be there! :cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
While I think your dealer will still notify you deliveries are made first to those with a down payment. Be prepared to put down a down payment when you get there.

Good Luck and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Saturn has emailed a SKY EARLY RGISTRATION PROGRAM notice to me.
Go to the local dealer and officially sign up to be the first to be notified when it is time to come in to place my order...
Tomorrow I will be there! :cheers:
I got mine yesterday too, but we have been taking deposits for a month now. We have 9 deposits so far out of 15 Sky's (supposed allocation for the calendar year).

Be ready to put your deposit in...

S.D.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sky Dealer:
What would you recomend as the best way to get my dealer to start a RL list. I'm not willing to give up my position on the base Sky until I know I can be on of the first to get the RL.
Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Way too early!!!

sky_vue said:
Sky Dealer:
What would you recomend as the best way to get my dealer to start a RL list. I'm not willing to give up my position on the base Sky until I know I can be on of the first to get the RL.
Your thoughts?
I would say is WAY TOO EARLY for a list for the RL. I want to be on that list myself so I will be keeping a very close eye on that. :willy: I would suspect that there will not be one untill 6 months AFTER the release of the regular SKY. :eek:

For the dealership there is no benefit in taking names and numbers yet, too much can happen in 18 months... :rolleyes:

"Be patient my son..."

Regards,

S.D.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
I got mine yesterday too, but we have been taking deposits for a month now. We have 9 deposits so far out of 15 Sky's (supposed allocation for the calendar year).

Be ready to put your deposit in...

S.D.
I have been on my dealers list for almost two months now...and I did put down a deposit, at first I was number 2 on the list, but the fellow that was number one couldn't wait and bought a Ion Redline, so now I am number 1...
Yipppeeee

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I wonder if I'll get anything. I already put my deposit down as well, last weekend. I haven't received anything in the mail, but I've been having regular discussions with Saturn. I must say, the people who work their website are extremely helpful and offer as much information as possible. Have any of you checked out the calendar? There's a terrific blue that looks way different than the one on the site. It's so hard to get a good feel for the color on the computer.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just off the phone with my dealer

I am good to go.
I have to admit that the story I get from my dealer is A LOT different than what I am reading here.
This is from the Saturn Retailer I deal with
At our store there are 15 perhaps 17 on the list. I am #2
With the call I put into my associate at the store, I will be notified when I should come in to sign a non-binding agreement to purchase. (He estimates November)
Then in December/January - (Guessing he says -- but a good source...), if you want to purchase you can either: Put down a deposit (amount is not known yet but most likely 5% or so), or execute a contract (buy the car). Still nothing binding -- money's are 100% refundable.
When an actual release date is announced the contracts or the deposit people will sit and draw up an actual contract - secure financing, trade-ins etc... Your retailer will order the car, with what you want, color, etc. Now, if certain colors or items are not available then you will wait until they are (like they will build red the first week – silver the next – etc.), but, you WILL get the car you want unless the option is not available in the model year.
When the car comes - you will be notified and you will pick up the car.
As usual the 30 day guarantee holds -- so if you don't like it -- bring it back for a refund (under a certain mileage and not damaged). The car will be sold at sticker, like any other Saturn

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
I would say is WAY TOO EARLY for a list for the RL. I want to be on that list myself so I will be keeping a very close eye on that. :willy: I would suspect that there will not be one untill 6 months AFTER the release of the regular SKY. :eek:

For the dealership there is no benefit in taking names and numbers yet, too much can happen in 18 months... :rolleyes:

"Be patient my son..."

Regards,

S.D.
I am on a pre-list for the RL at one dealer, they said they will contact me about the list when they make it (might have to place a deposit then), and again when I can order.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My dealer told me that I need to start calling the last week of October / first week of November and she will start helping me customize my car. Maybe, just maybe, I have an edge because the closest dealer to me is also the largest in the nation. I was told that my dealership is getting somewhere between 60-70 cars. That other dealerships will get very few. So I am hoping that's why they're offering to assist me customize the car.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
My dealer told me that I need to start calling the last week of October / first week of November and she will start helping me customize my car. Maybe, just maybe, I have an edge because the closest dealer to me is also the largest in the nation. I was told that my dealership is getting somewhere between 60-70 cars. That other dealerships will get very few. So I am hoping that's why they're offering to assist me customize the car.
That's a lot of SKYs for just one dealer. It must really be a huge Saturn retailer. All we are getting is about 15 for the Calendar Year :banghead:

:willy:S.D.:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Did they say that's how many cars they're getting a year or their first 4 month allocation?

If that's their allocation for the year that's believeable. However if that's what they're saying they're getting in their first 4 month allocation then you need to drop a giant block of NaCl on that.

The first rule of dealer club is never believe what a dealer tells you (unless they're a forum member of course). Dealers are natoriously the #1 source missinformation.

Because the current highest 1st 4 month allocation for the Solstice is 22 cars. Yes there might be more Pontiac dealerships, but they also plan on making more then twice as many Solstices as Skys too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Dealer Assured Me That I Am

#1 On His List And I Told Him He

Could Borrow My Deep Solstice To Park In Front

Of His Lot One Weekend To Attract

Some Business. He Liked The Idea.

Why Not!

HOW MANY SKYS ARE PROPOSED FOR THE FIRST YEAR
COMPARED TO THE SOLSTICE.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I am good to go.
I have to admit that the story I get from my dealer is A LOT different than what I am reading here...
... The car will be sold at sticker, like any other Saturn
That sounds like a full game plan.
It just goes to show you that some dealers are following the no hassles Saturn way.
Then there are the others that are trying to do the GM way.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Okay, it's not typical for me to second guess myself, however, now that some valid points have been brought up, I want to call my dealership at 9am when they open and cover the specifics as to how many are coming in from the get go. I know that there are no "for sure" specifics, however, I do know that because Galpin sells the most Fords (GM) and they have always had a Saturn dealership "on site", that the were FOR SURE getting the largest supply in the nation. I can tell you that I have also been talking to Saturn through their website. I want to double-double check with both. I also want to find out where I am on the list of purchaser. I was told I was #42 as a "registered", however, higher on the list because I put a deposit down. Not all 42 put the deposit down, but registered to be the first to be notified when the cars were coming in, etc.
I actually went on the website right now and they won some Saturn Dealer of the year award in 2002-2003. So maybe so. I can ony hope. I definitely did not get the feel that she was sayinhg 60-70 in the first year's allocation because she was telling me that the "turbo" or red-line version is coming out within 6 months and that it's dropping in LA first. So maybe the Sky is dropping in LA first because they have such a large amount of car buyers...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
If it's anything like the Solstice for delivery it's those nearest to the plant get delivery first. VIN # 0001 was delivered at the Party recently held by GM, but VIN #14 is now the first officially known delivered Solstice to forum member Excelsior in NY as of yesterday (Aug 12th, 2005). There are a large # of cars in transit to the areas surrounding the plant in Willmington too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Okay, it's not typical for me to second guess myself, however, now that some valid points have been brought up, I want to call my dealership at 9am when they open and cover the specifics as to how many are coming in from the get go. I know that there are no "for sure" specifics, however, I do know that because Galpin sells the most Fords (GM) and they have always had a Saturn dealership "on site", that the were FOR SURE getting the largest supply in the nation. I can tell you that I have also been talking to Saturn through their website. I want to double-double check with both. I also want to find out where I am on the list of purchaser. I was told I was #42 as a "registered", however, higher on the list because I put a deposit down. Not all 42 put the deposit down, but registered to be the first to be notified when the cars were coming in, etc.
I actually went on the website right now and they won some Saturn Dealer of the year award in 2002-2003. So maybe so. I can ony hope. I definitely did not get the feel that she was sayinhg 60-70 in the first year's allocation because she was telling me that the "turbo" or red-line version is coming out within 6 months and that it's dropping in LA first. So maybe the Sky is dropping in LA first because they have such a large amount of car buyers...
HAVING LIVED IN THOUSAND OAKS...I WILL AGREE THAT GALPIN IS A HUGE DEALERSHIP, BUT 70 THE FIRST GO ROUND SEEMS A BIT STEEP. THERE IS A GROWING DEMAND FOR THIS CAR ALL OVER. WITH "10" HERE, "15" THERE FOR THE FIRST OUTING........THAT MAY BE LITTLE LESS THAN A FIRST YEAR NUMBER...........BUT, IN L.A., ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE!:)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_line said:
HAVING LIVED IN THOUSAND OAKS...I WILL AGREE THAT GALPIN IS A HUGE DEALERSHIP, BUT 70 THE FIRST GO ROUND SEEMS A BIT STEEP. THERE IS A GROWING DEMAND FOR THIS CAR ALL OVER. WITH "10" HERE, "15" THERE FOR THE FIRST OUTING........THAT MAY BE LITTLE LESS THAN A FIRST YEAR NUMBER...........BUT, IN L.A., ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE!:)
well with only 10,000 per year then there are 350 dealerships nationwide...(according to offical Saturn reports) My dealer said they would be getting about 2 per month, that would be about 24 a year here...
If that dealership in Cali gets 60 or 70 then there are going to be some dealers that get 40 or 50, and so on and so forth down the size of the dealership... so then somebody is going to be very pissed if they are number 5 on the list at their dealer and have to wait a year for the car...

·
Registered
554 Posts
It looks like orders will officially be taken from GM towards the end of November 2005. As stated there are very few dealers country wide. The most the factory will be able to bang out is 1250 per month. Every dealership is getting at least one car per month regardless of size. With March 1, 2006 being the projected delivery time for that first allocation, I would expect no more than 10 cars will arrive at the largest dealerships during March. Then expect to see 5-7 cars per month after that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts