Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please only respond if you have first hand experience with installing LED fog lights on a Sky Redline. I purchased a set of LED fog light bulbs (see below) and tried to install them but there is not enough room to get them in. If you have ever replaced a regular fog light bulb, you know how little room there is. If you installed LED bulbs without removing the bumper, what bulbs did you use and/or how did you do it?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Loosen the fog light housing install bulbs and tighten the housing back up

I did this last year

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Not LEDs, but HIDs, same issue though, in fact I think the HIDs might even be a little longer and they were a real b***h to get in. I finally wrangled them into the housing, and that was several years ago.

·
Super Moderator
11,488 Posts
I would answer but I did this on my Solstice so I am excluded
Same here but I'm not a Redline. LOL ;)

I don't even remember which ones I got but they were off eBay. Remember having to angle them in just right to get them in. Wasn't hard but it was very peculiar on how it went in.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Led head and fog lights

This is what I used for all 3 sets and the covers for the head lights

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
I did it just yesterday, but the CHEAP bulbs I got weren't bright at all, and only the driver-side socket worked with them. The one that worked was not bright enough to use really. They went in more easily that the bulbs that came out. I carefully angled the old ones to get them back in. I found it easier to sit on the floor and come in from the top with one hand and from the bottom with the other on both install and removal.

Is there a way to make the LED I bought brighter?

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
I did it just yesterday, but the CHEAP bulbs I got weren't bright at all, and only the driver-side socket worked with them. The one that worked was not bright enough to use really. They went in more easily that the bulbs that came out. I carefully angled the old ones to get them back in. I found it easier to sit on the floor and come in from the top with one hand and from the bottom with the other on both install and removal.

Is there a way to make the LED I bought brighter?
Did you buy/use CREE's?

·
Registered
677 Posts
The wife that didn’t work
Did you reverse the plug ?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I didn't buy Cree.

The plugs weren't reversed, and none of the 4 bulbs I bought worked on the passenger-side. The original bulbs and others I had and that I subbed in all worked. I don't think those "H" series bulbs can be reversed. If I can find a decently-priced set at one of the auto stores down the street I might take a punt to see if/how they work for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts