Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some positive financial news for those who purchased in the Las Vegas area.

I'm not going into the details on this forum as it may be deleted as an inappropriate post. I doubt that would happen but, I don't want to take that gamble.

It's very important that I speak with as many of you as possible to explain my progress with an issue I've been working on. Believe me, you will be glad you did.

I'm requesting you PM me with your phone number so I can call you to explain the details. If you don't want to give your number, I'll give you mine on your PM response.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just cancelled my R/L order today after my new idiot salesman mysteriously came up with a $2500 market adjustment that I will never pay for any car. All I can say is [email protected] idiot salesmen that don't even know what they're talking about.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just cancelled my R/L order today after my new idiot salesman mysteriously came up with a $2500 market adjustment that I will never pay for any car. All I can say is [email protected] idiot salesmen that don't even know what they're talking about.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
All buyers in the Las Vegas area paid $2,495 for what they call, Market Area Adustment. This is just a fancy way of saying, "We are going to bleed every dollar we can from your wallet". I also had to pay $189.00 for mandatory window etching. With tax, the total comes to $2,892.01.

Please read my previous post.

·
Registered
61 Posts
All buyers in the Las Vegas area paid $2,495 for what they call, Market Area Adustment. This is just a fancy way of saying, "We are going to bleed every dollar we can from your wallet". I also had to pay $189.00 for mandatory window etching. With tax, the total comes to $2,892.01.

Please read my previous post.
I read the post and no longer have any need for Sky info as I will NOT be purchasing one for a penny over MSRP which means I cannot get one according to my idiot salesman.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read the post and no longer have any need for Sky info as I will NOT be purchasing one for a penny over MSRP which means I cannot get one according to my idiot salesman.
I don't blame you.

FYI- Reno is selling for MSRP.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't blame you.

FYI- Reno is selling for MSRP.

I gave it one last try and called the Reno store to no avail. They are selling at MSRP....................but................there's a 150 person waiting list.:banghead:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey, you're getting a bargain with the window etching for $189.00. In the Oklahoma City area (two dealerships, one owner group) window etching is also one of the mandatory add ons and they are charging $499.00. Also mandatory is the Clear Coat finish (fancy wax job) for only $995.00. These are just two of the reasons that I also requested my deposit back after they told me that it was going to cost me an extra $2K for the honor of doing business with them. It was really a shame. I have bought several cars (not Saturns) from this owner group without a problem. But I walk into their Saturn dealership and am treated like crap.
This was going to be my first US badged car in many years. Too bad the dealerships ran me off (I visited 4 ownership groups in 3 states and had to disinfect myself after each visit). It looks like I'll have to be satisfied with the Z4 that now has my name on it. It was refreshing to walk into a dealership, tell them what I want, and be able to purchase exactly what I wanted at below MSRP and no hassle at all. It is doubtful I will ever consider a Saturn again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
moparr,

you're salesperson had nothing to do with it. he does not make the decisions, the store owner does. but, that doesn't mean hes not, in fact, an idiot, it just means you should lay blame where its deserved.:lol:

:willy: like Saturn is the first car company to charge over MSRP for a vehicle? i forgot that toyota doesn't charger over for the Prius, or that Honda didn't charge upwards of 10 grand over for the S2000 when it came out, or BMW, or Mercedes, etc... the list goes on. :nono:

not trying to single people out here, but, the power lies in the hands of the consumer. you can choose not to purchase a vehicle for over MSRP, or you can choose not to own a brand new, limited-production vehicle. some people (not all mind you) who are upset about the markups at some dealerships hide behind their 'principles', but are actually just held captive to a false sense of entitlement; that everything should go their way; when they want it to; including getting the car they want NOW, for the PRICE they want NOW, and that somehow the rules of profit, supply and demand, and such do not apply to them.

is it reasonable to expect a fair price for a car, and not have to pay over MSRP for a hot car, from a brand that is known for its customer-friendly approach? YES.

but are you ENTITLED to that? NO. and thats what some people find hard to accept. but imagine this is only one example of how this plays out in their lives.

ok, psych. rant off.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The difference between those other brands and Saturn is that Saturn is supposed to be no haggle pricing whereas the others are not. Go into a Toyota or Honda dealer and you negotiate back and forth. When you have the upper hand you walk out with a better deal, when they do they make out better. Since you can't barter the price of a Saturn down they should not be allowed to barter it up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
makes sense to me if the the price can't go down below the sticker it shouldn't go up either. I test drove a saturn a couple of years ago they didn't have the one I wanted in stock but the demo was close I asked how much off the salesman told me $500 that was the standard price adjustment. (the car had 1000 miles on it) cars devalue more then that with no miles on it brand new he said he new that but that was saturn policy and nothing he could do about it. Doesn't Saturn have a no hassel policy they must have changed their minds

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sent you PM. Hopefully this is good news, the extended warranty coverage has made me like GM, now hopefuly I will like Saturn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts