Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some good stuff in the fine print rules....I'll bold them for you! looks like there saying standard price will sticker near 27,000?

OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF 8/02/05 AND HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.

HOW TO ENTER : Sweepstakes begins 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) 8/02/05, and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET 12/31/05 (“Entry Period”). There are four (4) ways to enter: 1) To enter online : in English, go to: www.saturn.com/sky/sweeps or in Spanish, go to www.saturn.com/espanol/sky and follow the links to the sweepstakes entry page.

PRIZE : (1) Grand Prize: A 2007 Saturn SKY™ with Yahoo!® Music Enabled Package. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $27,000 (the “Grand Prize”). Grand Prize will include standard factory equipment. Yahoo! Package will include a portable music device, mounting and installation and a one-year subscription to Yahoo! Music Unlimited. All taxes, including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes on Grand Prize and any applicable fees subsequent to the one-year subscription are the sole responsibility of the winner. The depiction of the Grand Prize vehicle in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual vehicle awarded to the Grand Prize winner. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued to the Grand Prize winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all title, license, registration, insurance, and any other third-party fees or options selected by winner, if any, associated with the Grand Prize vehicle, not specified herein. Winner must provide proof of a valid driver's license and insurance prior to award of vehicle. The Grand Prize vehicle will be delivered via an authorized Saturn retailer or distributor, of Sponsor's choice, in the United States and reasonably close in proximity to the Grand Prize winner's residence. Estimated availability of the Grand Prize is May 2006. Grand Prize winner must pick up vehicle at the designated Saturn retailer or distributor within 30 days of notification that vehicle is available, or prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected. Allow 16 weeks for delivery of the Grand Prize vehicle after verification of winner's prize claim and eligibility. Selection and delivery of Grand Prize vehicle is subject to availability.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
So that means that we shouldn't expect to see our Sky's until May or June. I don't think I can last that long.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I wonder if there will be a similar contest in Canada?

·
Registered
623 Posts
rick112 said:
So that means that we shouldn't expect to see our Sky's until May or June. I don't think I can last that long.
Not true, look at other contests. The free stuff always comes after the initial allotments. So this means that by April dealers will have the SKY.

·
Registered
623 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Some good stuff in the fine print rules....I'll bold them for you! looks like there saying standard price will sticker near 27,000?
NO! It does not say that, you need to read some contracts before you can inderstand this. It says "Factory Standard" equipment, this can be interprited in two ways. One it is the "base" model, or two it is a "loaded" model with no custom accessories. Second it says ARV, that includes Taxes, and other surcharges you have to pay at the dealer. Sticker should be $25,000 before taxes.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
They may also be aiming fairly high on their estimate so as to not undervalue the vehicle. Plus I bet the Yahoo package is worth at least $500 in value on that price too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts