Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I am getting to know my Red Line a little bit better, I am actually taking the time to look around and see some differences. And this one caught me today. I don't know if this is an "old SKY versus new SKY" feature or a "base SKY versus Red Line SKY" issue - pehaps some of you with newer base SKYs can check this out...

On my old SKY, the "Dead Pedal" on the left was a plastic job that didn't match the other three stainless steel pedals. (I had thought about replacing it to get something to match.) Also, there was the issue of the "exposed bolt" in front of the pedal that most of us cover up with the mat.

But on my new Red Line - check out the new "Dead Pedal" - it matches the other three! AND - the exposed bolt now seems to be covered by a redesigned molding.

Is this just for the Red Line, or do the newer base SKYs feature this?

Check out the photos below to see what I am talking about...

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Iffen I get tha new version I tant gonna be able ta scratch ma foot on that thar stud anymore..Skip..Think I will stick with tha ol car an foot scratcher....:glol: :dthumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My recently-built base SKY has the new configuration. No bolt and it matches the other three pedals.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I am SO glad they fixed that. I have been waiting since July of '05 and waiting this long has made me very upset, but if I have to find the silver lining, it would have to be that I will get the fixed RL with the nice dead pedal and door unlock buttons.......

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
this is what they did...i am giving u an educated guess from your pictures regarding that exposed bolt...they put that same rubber capping on the extruded screw that is in your trunk...this is the rubber cap that holds the elastic to your ragtop...just from observations...

It is called a cheap cover up...but it works. A better mousetrap.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My Sky is from August and has both the cover and the metal pedal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds like they made that chang earlier, new version looks alot nicer and is what I've seen. The old one looks like something from an engineering testbed though. I'm a bit surprised any shipped like that, but these little things can be the price of being first I guess!

·
Registered
388 Posts
My Sky is from August and I have a covered bolt and the nice metal pedal.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My Sky is from August and I have a covered bolt and the nice metal pedal.
My bolt is covered -- but I'd sure like the part # for that pedal!:cheers:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Our SKY has a capped bolt and a steel foot rest cover. Car was built 6-13-06.

Mavrick

how did you find the day your car was buit on????????

·
Registered
802 Posts
Now that I am getting to know my Red Line a little bit better, I am actually taking the time to look around and see some differences.........clip...........Check out the photos below to see what I am talking about...
Just playing with your pictures -

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
mine was 6-6-06 and i have the BOLT coverd but plastic foot rest :( guess mine will be worth more :)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Mine looks like picture #2 from the original post, only difference is, I only have 2 pedals--The gas, the brakes--:D :cool: Picked up middle of August.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mine was built in late August. "Dead pedal" is plastic (but I don't have the leather package, so the other pedals aren't stainless). Bolt is left uncovered. although it's tucked into the corner and I haven't noticed it while driving.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mine was built 9/7/06, VIN 11011. The "dead pedal" matches the other three like yours and the bolt is covered up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts