Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so here is my dilemma...and it is very very difficult for me to decide!! I could use some advice from y'all!

So, I am from cleveland and will be going to grad school in kansas (900 mile haul), I have the moving situation under control, and cargo space isnt really an issue....this issue is this:

I am 6'2 or 3, and the 13 hour drive could be a little on the cramped side. I love the look style, and everything of the sky, but on the other hand, for the same cost I can get a relatively well decked out Jeep wrangler which would be just as fun, and more practicle....I know that in the end this is a personal preference issue, but I would like y'alls input!

Thanks,
D

·
Registered
70 Posts
FalconSky said:
Alright, so here is my dilemma...and it is very very difficult for me to decide!! I could use some advice from y'all!

So, I am from cleveland and will be going to grad school in kansas (900 mile haul), I have the moving situation under control, and cargo space isnt really an issue....this issue is this:

I am 6'2 or 3, and the 13 hour drive could be a little on the cramped side. I love the look style, and everything of the sky, but on the other hand, for the same cost I can get a relatively well decked out Jeep wrangler which would be just as fun, and more practicle....I know that in the end this is a personal preference issue, but I would like y'alls input!

Thanks,
D

Personally, I would say the Jeep is mor practical for now......may as well wait till you're done with school and this way the Sky will be a Grad present to yourself!

I know all about the long haul in a small car. I moved to San Francisco a few years back, and drove my SC2 x-country, I'm 6ft and a buddy came with me thats 6'5" 280.....If i can go back, I would have brought my Blazer ;)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
FalconSky said:

Thanks,
D
A Wrangler more practical. :lol: I have a '90YJ, and okay, you can get more groceries in, but the Wrangler is far from practical. Lousy gas milage, nice if you have a desire to off road, but in town, I'd take the Sky any day, and I love my Jeep. :patriot: But I don't think I have ever seen the words Wrangler and practical in the same sentence before!:lol: :jester:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You can be practical when you are dead. Then, you can choose a conservative, boring ride. Get automatic. From someone who would have done many things less practical if I could go back in time. There is time for practical. Unless you want three or four people riding with you, Go topless. (not driving 900 miles every day and face it. The trips home will diminish.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
If you are using the word "practicle" in the description of the car you want then the Sky isn't the car for you in my opinion. I've seen guys your size trying to get into the Solstice. It was a tight squeeze. There isn't a lot of room to put anything in this car. It's a fun little toy! Go with the Jeep!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts