Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to alter the dimming circuit so that the interior lights will not dim at night without affecting the headlights?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
mtiglio said:
Is it possible to alter the dimming circuit so that the interior lights will not dim at night without affecting the headlights?
I may need a bit more detail to understand what you are asking. The interior light dimmer effects the lights when the automatic sensor detects darkness at a level that requires headlamps. The automatic sensor can be surpassed by twisting the headlight knob toward the driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
mtiglio said:
Is it possible to alter the dimming circuit so that the interior lights will not dim at night without affecting the headlights?
So like when the headlights come on at night, then the instrument lights become dimmer. Then the question is, can you keep that from happening?
Did I get it right?

Even if I did...I dont' know the answer. Sorry...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1994SC2 said:
I may need a bit more detail to understand what you are asking. The interior light dimmer effects the lights when the automatic sensor detects darkness at a level that requires headlamps. The automatic sensor can be surpassed by twisting the headlight knob toward the driver.
When it becomes night, the headlights go on but the interior lights become dim, that is, the dash lights/radio lights, etc. Can I prevent the interior lights from going dim.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Dimmer Lighting

mtiglio said:
When it becomes night, the headlights go on but the interior lights become dim, that is, the dash lights/radio lights, etc. Can I prevent the interior lights from going dim.
Try adjusting the wheel/ knob to the left of the steering wheel, by the vent.
On ine it made them stay on brighter.

Or you can cover the sensor on the top of the dash(the little round bulb that pops up) this should keep them on at he brightest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
mtiglio said:
When it becomes night, the headlights go on but the interior lights become dim, that is, the dash lights/radio lights, etc. Can I prevent the interior lights from going dim.
I see what you are asking now...

The highest setting on the dimmer range is still less bright than the normal daytime brightness of the dash and stereo. So you will see a dim occur when the highlights automatically come on even if the switch is set as high as it can go.

If it’s any comfort, the highest setting should be more than enough if it’s actually dark outside.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top