Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to cut the wire that dims the display for the radio so that the display will always stay at its brightness. On my camaro you could do this but cutting the gray wire to the radio. Does anyone know what color wire and where it is?

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
There is probably a better way than cutting a wire.

I may have to take off my dash and figure it out. I hate the placement of that stupid thing too. I'm always diming the lights. Between that and having to turn on my fog lights every time it gets dark...can't they just come on with the headlights?

·
Registered
78 Posts
looking at the wiring scematic for the dimming feature, you might be able to get away with cutting the grey wire from behind the radio. (circuit # 8)

·
Registered
149 Posts
do you have anymore of the wiring symatics? I would like one for the radio as well as the alarm. Let me know!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm also have a interest in disabling the dimmer circuit. Where can I get a wiring diagram ? Maybe If I can see the display I might like this radio.

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
SkyTech said:
looking at the wiring scematic for the dimming feature, you might be able to get away with cutting the grey wire from behind the radio. (circuit # 8)
How hard would it be to get the service manuals on the Sky? Would love to have them.

Back on topic though, is there a way to disable that switch without cutting wire? (Really hate doing that.) You know, like unplugging the switch and wiring in a resistor or something similar?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Black Electrical tape over the dash sensor...

It's easy to remove if you change your mind...

And, you can still use the manual dimmer for those dark night drives...

:thumbs:

·
Registered
78 Posts
GM no longer makes paper service manuals. Everything is online at Gm Dealerworld. I will try and post the diagrams for ya

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dimmer Wiring

SkyTech said:
Some offers of help include putting tape over the sensor, but that will only cause the display to dim all the time, I want it to be bright all the time so I have to disable the dimming of the radio display. Circuit 8 out of the radio is the wire I need, however, getting to that wire is difficult unless I can determine exactly where it goes and hope that it is at a place more accessible that directly behind the radio. Any help?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
So does the Solstice not feature an automatic dimming sensor?

... I didnt see anything on their forum with regards to this (they have quite a headstart so often you can find answers to technical questions there).

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
1994SC2 said:
So does the Solstice not feature an automatic dimming sensor?

... I didnt see anything on their forum with regards to this (they have quite a headstart so often you can find answers to technical questions there).
As I quote myself, looks like there is a dimmer on the Sol... just not much discussion about it

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
Looks to me like you have C2-58 coming out of the BCM to the Dimmer switch at point B, feeding through a resistance of 5 Ohms, then returning to the BCM out of point C on C2-26.

Now, I'm assuming the 5 Ohm resistor is scalable by the dimmer switch (thus sending the amount of dimming selected to the logic in the BCM). Skytech, could you not just jump C2-58 and C2-26 to bypass any possible modulation by the dimmer switch?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Robotech said:
Looks to me like you have C2-58 coming out of the BCM to the Dimmer switch at point B, feeding through a resistance of 5 Ohms, then returning to the BCM out of point C on C2-26.

Now, I'm assuming the 5 Ohm resistor is scalable by the dimmer switch (thus sending the amount of dimming selected to the logic in the BCM). Skytech, could you not just jump C2-58 and C2-26 to bypass any possible modulation by the dimmer switch?
what?

·
Registered
354 Posts
is that next to the Flux capacitor ?

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
1994SC2 said:
You take a wire, attach each end of it to the two wires coming into the dimmer switch thus bypassing the dimmer switch and disabling it without cutting wires.

And before someone corrects me, I know the 5 Ohm resistance is the dimmer itself but you know what I mean. LOL

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Robotech said:
You take a wire, attach each end of it to the two wires coming into the dimmer switch thus bypassing the dimmer switch and disabling it without cutting wires.

And before someone corrects me, I know the 5 Ohm resistance is the dimmer itself but you know what I mean. LOL
Now thats my kind of instructions! I also like books that have sounds along the side! I was just giving you a hard time, but thanks for the lay terms.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts