Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't get it. I park my Sky plenty far enough from other vehicles. Even if I'm forced to park in areas where there is no other choice I try to park between the nicest cars I can find. I walk the extra steps, I take every precaution possible and yet I seem to find another dent or ding every other day. Don't people respect other peoples cars let alone their own. I can't put a fence around it, but I'd like to. I'm totally frustrated.:banghead:

·
Registered
173 Posts
....wonder if they'll (GM) come up with some kind of body side door moldings...after all it is Saturn and all the other models have those dent proof doors. That was a question that I asked the saleman when I first went to look at a SKY....does it have dent proof doors? Now that would be a real nice feature, don't you agree? Nothing like finding a ding (no matter what size) to make me :mad:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It's a complete lack of respect for other peoples property! :mad: I've had my car for less than a week and so far no problems but I to am taking great efforts to find spots where the car will be safe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
DARZSKY said:
....wonder if they'll (GM) come up with some kind of body side door moldings...after all it is Saturn and all the other models have those dent proof doors. That was a question that I asked the saleman when I first went to look at a SKY....does it have dent proof doors? Now that would be a real nice feature, don't you agree? Nothing like finding a ding (no matter what size) to make me :mad:
I agree, however I believe I read someplace that Saturn was moving away from the dent proof panels.

·
Registered
173 Posts
USMC, thanks for the websites... I think I'd go with the bumpers with the steel coated lock that you drop inside your doors. Now I'll have to keep those in my trunk, looks like there won't be room for anything else...LOL LOL
I can just see me now....pulling into a parking lot, popping the "trunk", placing my bumpers on my SKY and going on my merry way....then coming back to my SKY only to find the bumpers stolen and my car doors destroyed. I live in Jersey where people seems to think what's mine is theirs.:confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Should we hang old tires on the side when parking like they do on Tug Boats?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
jdigiant said:
Should we hang old tires on the side when parking like they do on Tug Boats?
That comment is just begging to be photoshop'd:lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
the doors are not the only place to protect, I have a small ding in the right rear fender at the corner of the tail light, had to be a pickup truck... and for the life of me i don't know where it could have happened, I never park it in a place where someone can get that close...unless it happened when i took it in for service....

·
Registered
574 Posts
Too cool!

rick112 said:
That comment is just begging to be photoshop'd:lol:
with a caption underneath saying....Kappashield Mark II.....:lol:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
GaryH said:
I really want a trunk monkey. Will they fit in the trunk of a Sky with the top down?

LOL, nothing fits in the trunk of a sky with the top down! :jester:

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Shields up Mr. Sulu! Evasive manuvers!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Alchris said:
I just don't get it. I park my Sky plenty far enough from other vehicles. Even if I'm forced to park in areas where there is no other choice I try to park between the nicest cars I can find. I walk the extra steps, I take every precaution possible and yet I seem to find another dent or ding every other day. Don't people respect other peoples cars let alone their own. I can't put a fence around it, but I'd like to. I'm totally frustrated.:banghead:
I understand your frustration. In this day and age however, it seems that most people don't respect other people's property or are simply just careless.
Come on people control your door-openings! Don't let them swing all the way out if you're parked next to someone! How hard is it to control your door-openings! Sheesh!

You could park 100 yards from the entrance...at the end...near the lamp pole...which is near the curb...and someone will still manage to park near you and somehow ding your panel(s).

I remember Skybaby posted a story about how this had happened to her one night. Do a search for the thread and you will see exactly what causes people to not respect other's property.

As for those bumper guards on the side of your doors, those are a good solution but a little extreme. Another alternative is to cover your Sky with one of them thick-material car covers every time you park. Since the material is padded, those can actually help prevent minor accidental dings & paint scratches.
I had one of them on my Miata when it was parked outside one time and a medium sized tree branch about 2 inches thick had fallen on the hood overnight. *Gasp* Luckily, after I removed the cover, the hood was fine and there wasn't a single dent.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
moni6 said:
Have you tried any of those?
no I haven't. I found those before I even had my sky yet and was thinking about getting one of them. I have had cars before that I was pretty anal about so I planning ahead for those parking lot idiots.

At the last minute I changed my mind about ordering them and have been parking 30 miles away from the front door of the store. :jester:

so far, so lucky.

·
Registered
322 Posts
"USMC" man that Trunk Monkey is the BEST!!!!!:D My God I'm still hurting from laughing. Oh man is that ever funny. Where the hell did you ever find that?:lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts