Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you're permitted to pick up directly from Wilmington?

We're a trucker family and are curious...would be nice to give her a ride home in one of our air ride van trailers, instead of having her exposed to the elements on a car carrier, or banged around on a train ride.

I know, I've said before, she'll be spoiled...:)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

We're a trucker family and are curious...would be nice to give her a ride home in one of our air ride van trailers, instead of having her exposed to the elements on a car carrier, or banged around on a train ride.

Answer = NO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer, SnapOn. We can dream, can't we?

·
Registered
337 Posts
You Plumb Lost Your Mind?

Exposed to the elements on a car carrier, or banged around on a train ride? :willy:

Who do you think these people are who are transporting your car? :nono:

Did you ever hear of UNIONS?????? :rolleyes:

You are a trucking family?

Truck Unions transport your car for you.....There's no way you will ever take money out fo their hands! :mad:

Plus, what are you going to do transport it to the Dealership for them?

You have to do this you know....Have you ever bought or know anything about buying a new car and the process of it once it reaches the dealership?

If you don't have much of a clue on this I seriously hope you are not getting screwed over on the price of your SKY you are getting!

Good luck brother! :cheers:

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Exposed to the elements on a car carrier, or banged around on a train ride? :willy:

Truck Unions transport your car for you.....There's no way you will ever take money out fo their hands! :mad:

You have to do this you know....Have you ever bought or know anything about buying a new car and the process of it once it reaches the dealership?

If you don't have much of a clue on this I seriously hope you are not getting screwed over on the price of your SKY you are getting!

Good luck.
WOW!!!! Lighten up a bit! Phew.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't mean to step on a landmine. :eek: Or, step on any toes!

I'm a little lost in the moment, having a love thing with the thought of this new Sky. I worked at a Cadillac dealership back in the '70's. (Oops...always showing my age). I was there, checking out the cars as they came off the carriers...saw some damage that made new owners sad...thus the protective instinct has set in!!

Also, Big Trucks can be picked up at the factory, so I didn't know I was that far off the mark.

I've been set straight, thank you again, I'll just trust in the powers that be to 1) actually build my car and 2) get her here safely!:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I say if it is your car then you should be able to transport it if GM allows. Some companies will allow you to have it dropped at a local dealer and you pay something like $150.00 courtesy prep fee. If I had the resources such as yourself I would see if I could set it up to pick it up from the closest dealer to the plant. Guess who will complain the loudest if their car gets to Hawaii with a dent or a scratch. Nuff said, just hit my hot button.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Good luck.

If you live close, a dealer only can go get it once it's turned over to the trucking company's inventory. ( You can go for the ride though )

The trucking company is getting paid no matter what then. I know it has been done. Your dealership has to call DBC to get it worked out.

So your not really right your Salesman dealership rep. can go and get it.

I know I am a union member also but I think you were a little harsh !!! Besides not being correct with all your info.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I say if it is your car then you should be able to transport it if GM allows. Some companies will allow you to have it dropped at a local dealer and you pay something like $150.00 courtesy prep fee. If I had the resources such as yourself I would see if I could set it up to pick it up from the closest dealer to the plant. Guess who will complain the loudest if their car gets to Hawaii with a dent or a scratch. Nuff said, just hit my hot button.

Thats true you can have it dropped shipped at a closer dealer if you know of a dealership you can contact. They usually charge around 150.00/200.00 I believe, just like you said.

Most dealerships don't mind doing this it saves them money. And the Dealership that will be recieving your car doesn't mind because they are getting paid to do it.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Didn't mean to step on a landmine. :eek: Or, step on any toes!

I'm a little lost in the moment, having a love thing with the thought of this new Sky. I worked at a Cadillac dealership back in the '70's. (Oops...always showing my age). I was there, checking out the cars as they came off the carriers...saw some damage that made new owners sad...thus the protective instinct has set in!!

Also, Big Trucks can be picked up at the factory, so I didn't know I was that far off the mark.

I've been set straight, thank you again, I'll just trust in the powers that be to 1) actually build my car and 2) get her here safely!:D
See my post your no far off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll check with my dealer when we get closer. It would be worth the trip up North to bring her home ourselves, and start the fun early! Since I've been told it'll be next spring-summer before I see this beauty, I have some time to work out the details.:)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll check with my dealer when we get closer. It would be worth the trip up North to bring her home ourselves, and start the fun early! Since I've been told it'll be next spring-summer before I see this beauty, I have some time to work out the details.:)
If they do agree the have to call DBC at GM to set it up..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If they do agree the have to call DBC at GM to set it up..
I appreciate that information, Deluke! I'll keep it on file. While we're waiting, counting down the months, that file is getting full of hints, photos and info from this site. Glad I joined. And, I'm almost here long enough to have my avatar!

Her parking space is waiting...:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good luck if they let you. But Im sure they will use rail cars then go to the "Parking Lots" to haul them to the local dealer.
Shoot I offered to pick some up myself, but no luck...:brentil:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Good luck if they let you. But Im sure they will use rail cars then go to the "Parking Lots" to haul them to the local dealer.
Shoot I offered to pick some up myself, but no luck...:brentil:
But you couldn't do it. Someone from the Dealership would have to. And I don't believe you will find a Dealership willing to drive 6 or 12 hours to get your car.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Your dealer was willing to fly to Willmington with you from AZ to get your car and drive it back ???
Fly??? Why would I fly when I drive a semi truck? I could have hauled it back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts