Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way, when its dark, to prevent the DIC and Radio Display from dimming. I don't mean the dimmer switch, I mean the automatic dimming that occurs when its dark. I know some people have no problem with this, I know some people are going to tell me to live with it; but, I just want to know if I can cause the display (DIC and Radio) to stay bright.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Really irritating that you cannot keep them bright I agree, but I have never had a vehicle that did not do this or you could stop it. I do not know of a way to on the Sky either.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll admint, I've been to busy enjoying my Sky this first week, but what I haven't been able to figure out is why the display lights are not on during day time driving? I have my lights set on auto and the dimmer switch turned on. The console lights only seem to working during the day if I put the fog lights on. Is this by design? :confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'll admint, I've been to busy enjoying my Sky this first week, but what I haven't been able to figure out is why the display lights are not on during day time driving? I have my lights set on auto and the dimmer switch turned on. The console lights only seem to working during the day if I put the fog lights on. Is this by design? :confused:
Right ahead of you (over the gauges on top o fteh dash) is an electric eye. This turns the lights on/off for you.
As far as I can tell if you want the dash lights on during the day - fog lamps is the way to go.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Right ahead of you (over the gauges on top o fteh dash) is an electric eye. This turns the lights on/off for you.
As far as I can tell if you want the dash lights on during the day - fog lamps is the way to go.
Thanks Rick.. I figured as much.. At time it's hard to see the gauges because of shadows, or going under an overpass. I'll try and break out the manual and start reading.. I promise! :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Cover It

You can also put a cover over the sensor so it thinks it is night time

·
Super Moderator
6,624 Posts
What does this update do ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts