Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ramp extensions for the Red Line

Here are a few photos of the ramp extensions when using the Rhino Ramps. They were glued and screwed after getting the position correct. They will be painted gray to match the ramps.

They were made from 3/4 x 12 shelving I had a lot of extra. About 30 minutes on the miter saw and I had the extensions.

Ace...

·
Registered
3 Posts
About 300 miles on the GF's RL, dropped the oil and seen it was a yellow green color. Was that some sort of break in oil GM put in there? I am putting in 5w30 Mobil 1 and a new filter. I don't recall my RL Ion having a weird color oil in it from the factory.

Nice place for that filter :rolleyes: Slightly better than the filter location on the Ion Redline (buried under the blower) :agree:
You'd think GM could look at an RX-7 with the remote mount oil filter, and do the same with the Ecotec :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
MORE DIC problems

On the 2008 model you have to follow the procedure from the manual. there are only about half dozen steps to reset the DIC so it is pretty simple. :lol:

Don't know why they moved away from the turn key to run position and stomp on the gas pedal 3 times. :confused:

Resetting the oil guage via the DIC worked the first time I did it by pressing and holding reset and info together until the DIC menu came on, I did this without turning the car on. Now, for some reason, it wont work. I have an '08 so the nifty press the pedal three times doesnt work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Resetting the oil guage via the DIC worked the first time I did it by pressing and holding reset and info together until the DIC menu came on, I did this without turning the car on. Now, for some reason, it wont work. I have an '08 so the nifty press the pedal three times doesnt work. Any suggestions?
Was the ignition in the "on" position with engine off?

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
magnetic trans,rear drain plugs?

Are the ar5 trans,& rear drain plugs magnetic?

And the tread size of ea.

Would someone PM me a site to buy
the ar5 trans plug gaskets cheeper then
$16.00ea.

Thanks,
LLLFLY

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
GM/Delco ones are available from Advanced Auto pretty cheaply. Napa ones from NAPA. All over the place, really.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts