Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow citizens of Earth...
What makes the Sky a vehicle to consider.
Sky or Solstice... Both are attractive.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It comes down to personal taste. The solstice is rounded, while the SKY has sharper angles (my opinion, looks like a poor mans vette) But the main thing is the ride. While the Solstice has a taut harsher ride, the SKY is more compliant. It will absorb the bumps better than the Pontiac.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been lucky enough to drive both. They handled exactly the same to me, and both are beautiful cars on the inside and out. It is all a matter of which one appeals more to your eye.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
And if you want to get one this year and you are not on a list at your dealer a SKY is out, unless you are able to fine a dealer that is selling of the floor. Mr Lutz just said SKY's are sold out for the year(2007)..(Autoweek June)...The 2007 Solstice will start taking orders for 2007 in July, but there are some 2006 on dealer lots for sale now... The sky is a 2007 and some of the East coast dealers are turning away customers all ready and have 60 on their lists...Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Very Good Question

Solstice - not as many standard options as the Saturn, also from the reviews I've read, the plastic interior isn't even as nice. It's also rounder and not as "sleak"... or is it "sleek" (I don't know) looking.

I have the SKY and I love it.......

Keep your options open though, you could probably get a Solstice now or wait for your SKY like a lot of other people.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
In case y'all didn't know, jet jaguar is "roadstar" (who got himself banned both here and skyroadster for continuing to solicit membership for his own competing forum after repeated requests to stop by myself and the other supermoderators). Re-registering extends a ban.

He re-registered and is posting this nonsense to cause trouble. Just thought you would like to know that.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the warning!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Thank you for the WARNING...... ugh.... troublemakers..... who needs em???.... what a pain in the buttkiss!!!!!.... hehehe... anyway....... ONE WOULD HOPE YOU COULD MAKE UP YOUR OWN ADULT MIND ON THAT ISSUE..... GOODDAY....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What a waste...... :banghead:

·
Registered
170 Posts
drats, i had a reply too, but, i wont waste my time. Funny this person tried to start a riot. Both cars are equally as nice. How's that sound, jet???

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
seal9 said:
And if you want to get one this year and you are not on a list at your dealer a SKY is out, unless you are able to fine a dealer that is selling of the floor. Mr Lutz just said SKY's are sold out for the year(2007)..(Autoweek June)...The 2007 Solstice will start taking orders for 2007 in July, but there are some 2006 on dealer lots for sale now... The sky is a 2007 and some of the East coast dealers are turning away customers all ready and have 60 on their lists...Seal9:cheers:
They are not sold out for the Model year 2007 they are sold out for 2006, that is when they expect all the first images will be built and they can start building the next batch... so get on the list now at your dealer for one coming in next year. still 2007 models built in 2007 though...about mid year 2007 they will start taking orders for the 2008 Skys...

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
The sky only has a 2007, Lutz said its sold out in Autoweek April, thru the 2007 year, the dealers have accounted for the production run, the 2008 will go on sale july 2007.at least thats what he was Q as saying...:cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
seal9 said:
The sky only has a 2007, Lutz said its sold out in Autoweek April, thru the 2007 year, the dealers have accounted for the production run, the 2008 will go on sale july 2007.at least thats what he was Q as saying...:cheers:
that was a misquote,
here is what he actually said..
NEW YORK — General Motors may have posted its sixth straight quarterly loss on Wednesday, but many of its low-volume sports cars, including the 2007 Saturn Sky, are already sold out for this year, according to GM Vice-Chairman Bob Lutz.

In a speech in New York, the GM executive said in reference to the Sky, "All available production for 2006 is accounted for."

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree:

Chili Pepper Girl said:
I have been lucky enough to drive both. They handled exactly the same to me, and both are beautiful cars on the inside and out. It is all a matter of which one appeals more to your eye.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ggccg said:
When in doubt, buy a Solstice... so the rest of us can get our friggin' cars already!
:lol: :agree:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sky for sale by owner

I have a silver graphite sky that I need to sale. The car has 1100 miles mostly because I drove 5 hours to pick the car up. My car has automatic transmission, leather interior, spoiler, premium trim package, 18" chrome wheels, 6 disc cd player, MP3 player, monsoon sound system, XM satellite radio, on-star, and limited-slip differential. My car also has the appearance package added which is a protectant on the leather, carpet, and paint. Also the windows were tinted 30/20. My car also has the porformance suspension added. They changed the front/rear struts and sway bars. This gives the car the more sportier feel. It also gives a tighter steering and the ability to really hug the curves. The car is awesome and drives like a dream however I am unable to keep the car because a 2-seater will no longer work for me. I have 37,000 in the car and need to get that out of it. If you wish to contact me please e-mail me at [email protected].

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This has to be a joke....

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think I will pass and just wait for the one I have comming. Though it is tempting for only $11,000.00 than what I am going to pay ...... NOT.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i drove both cars and went with the sky. i thought the body on the solstice was noisier. i think both cars are beautiful but am happy that i held out for the sky!!
i would never pay that much over msrp for it though!:crazy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts