Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the CAI use a KN type filer that is oiled? I have heard that the oil can come off the filter and coat the sensors causing problems. This happen to some one I know with a Ford Bronco. Any one experiencing this with there SKY? :confused:

What type of air filters are used in the GM and Kappasphere CAI?

I am not knocking KN filters, think that are great and have them installed on a truck and car. However they were both built in the late 80’s and a lot has change since in sensor and engine management since then.:thumbs:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Oiled air filters

Oil type open air filters require only a slight oiling so it's normally no problem on influencing the air-mass-sensor. If you "bath" the filter you can make the sensor a little "blind" and wrong air measuring results wrong fuel input - the car is running bad or even you have to replace the sensor.
If you follow the instructions of the filter supplier and use correct filter oil it should all run fine.:thumbs:
If you don't trust use the OEM paper filter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
C20LET_50 said:
Oil type open air filters require only a slight oiling so it's normally no problem on influencing the air-mass-sensor. If you "bath" the filter you can make the sensor a little "blind" and wrong air measuring results wrong fuel input - the car is running bad or even you have to replace the sensor.
If you follow the instructions of the filter supplier and use correct filter oil it should all run fine.:thumbs:
If you don't trust use the OEM paper filter.

:agree: Well said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts