Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for my Sky!

Has any of you received a Sky from Saturn of Aggieland, in Bryan TX.
I ordered mine on May 26, with a deposit, and the Sales Rep. told me it was a good thing because the price was going up on June 1. He also told me after ordering it that the person at the factory told him I would have my car in a month and a half. Which would have been July 15th. I was, at the time the only one on his list and he still says he hasn't got a build date. i e-mailed him yesterday asking him for my order number and he has not got back to me. I know the Sky's are limited right now and since things seem kind of fishy I am wondering if he got mine in and sold it to the highest bidder, which I have heard is happening!!! Does anyone have any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bad estimation of Delivery

I was in Bryan/College Station this weekend and stopped by the dealership to have my Sky washed while I was there. They were all excited because it was the first red one they have seen - they have only recieved two so far. Remember, this is a low volume dealer, so their allocation is very low. I purchased mine from a high volume dealer and it took about 4 and a half months, which looks to be about average right now. It seems like your sales guy under estimated your wait - try and give them a call and get a better estimate. You are probably looking at end of September to October. Keep us posted on the situation!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for checking up on them for me. Yes they told me they had only received 2. When they ordered mine I knew they were a low volume dealer because I was the only one on there kist so I had them ask about that when they ordered mine and the person at the factory told them 11/2 monthes so I dont think the factory realy knows either. If you see a midnight blue with almost every option come in let me know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It seems like things stay very fluid for the estimation of delivery dates. I know the wait is hard, but believe me, it will be worth it! I was told that mine would be in at the end of November originally, so it seems like they either over estimate or under estimate by a lot. I would call every couple of weeks and check on the progress, just don't drive yourself crazy!:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ricky, the wait is definitley worth it.... just get something productive to do while you wait. SkyBaby

·
Registered
358 Posts
I ordered mine on May 26, with a deposit, and the Sales Rep. told me it was a good thing because the price was going up on June 1. He also told me after ordering it that the person at the factory told him I would have my car in a month and a half. Which would have been July 15th. I was, at the time the only one on his list and he still says he hasn't got a build date. i e-mailed him yesterday asking him for my order number and he has not got back to me. I know the Sky's are limited right now and since things seem kind of fishy I am wondering if he got mine in and sold it to the highest bidder, which I have heard is happening!!! Does anyone have any ideas? :confused:
I ordered my Sky on June 3rd. Stopped by the dealer yesterday and he tells me I'm still looking at late November for delivery. This is a high volume dealership in Md. Not to worry IT WILL COME>>> Oh yea and I'm only 90 miles from the plant! The good news is I'm price protected 23,690.
One more silver lining the longer it takes the more fixes made. Thanks to everyone on this forum.:thumbs:

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is a good point. With my wait on a R/L it may be nearer to the 2008 model. Wonder if they'll put a 6 speed in it :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great sales rep / no worries.

I've concluded I had myself more worried than need be, especially with the price increase and various issues people have had.

I'm pretty sure my new sales guy must be psychologist or something because he's continued to talk me in off the ledge and assure me he has things under control, which I believe.

Since I've quit worrying about all the "what if's" on this Sky deal my life has become much easier.

. . . but you know how we expectant parents can be. Fortunately he does too.

Scott

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
They (dealership) tend Not to put replies on paper, no paper trail, ya know......:eek:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've concluded I had myself more worried than need be, especially with the price increase and various issues people have had.

I'm pretty sure my new sales guy must be psychologist or something because he's continued to talk me in off the ledge and assure me he has things under control, which I believe.

Since I've quit worrying about all the "what if's" on this Sky deal my life has become much easier.

. . . but you know how we expectant parents can be. Fortunately he does too.

Scott

Well put.. and I agree totally...:thumbs: :thumbs: I've got a great salesman here who has to wipe my brow every so often. :cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
RickyD - PM me. I know for a fact that Saturn of Aggieland received an allocation of 6 and has sold every one of them. I know people there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Skycat - glad that you can help out RickyD. Hopefully you both will have your Skys soon!

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news, Sky Cat helped me with this. The General Manager called me 2 days ago and explained the mix up and why no one could give me a answer and also appoligized over and over for the mix up. Then he gave me my order number and said after calling the factory my Sky should be built on 9/11!!! Should have it about 2 weeks after that. I am not sure I like the date though. I told my Wife I hope it doesn't blow up!
NO PUN INTENDED!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congratulations on your progress - I am so glad that Skycat could help you out. Just a couple of more weeks and you will be :driving: !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts