Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have had my Sky for 37 great days. I am a very happy owner except for an annoying squeak that seems to originate in the driver's side rear quarter panel. It occurs with the top up or down when I go over any sort of significant roughness in the road at speeds of 15 mph or more.

I had it in for service last week and the dealer said that they fixed the noise but alas it still occurs very consistently. It sounds like a bushing or something rubbing on another surface. I will be in Chicago all next week (can't make it to the event, we'll be back in CA on Friday ) so the dealer will have it for that whole time to diagnose.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this and if so, what was the diagnosis?

Thanks for any help!

BTW .. if Chicago folks read this, tell me of your color scheme .. my wife and I will look for you when we're in the White City...

Thanks and happy driving ..

Mark Evans
Santa Maria, CA
Silver Pearl

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
When I go over a significant bump and the top is down I sometimes here a down and up kind of "Squaaaawwwweeek" if that makes any sense. I think its the roof bouncing in the trunk.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yup, I've got the squeak too. Noticed it about two weeks after delivery. Mine occurs when I go over speed bumps - even at slow speed. It's not all the time though.

Rather reminds me of the squeak in my Dad's GM cars from the mid-50s! There always seemed to be an unexplained squeak or two in those cars.

Haven't had it into the dealer's for a diagnosis yet.

:cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..it happens when the top is up and securely in place as well as when it's in the trunk.

Mark

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Still quiet here

SW suburbs -- Yellow......:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I've been known to squeak when my wife has her top down and bounces up and down.

Does that count?

·
Registered
540 Posts
jdigiant said:
I've been know to squeak when my wife has her top down and bounces up and down.

Does that count?
When I read you posts my mind converts the words into "Rocky" speak. So this particular post was pretty dang funny:willy:

the avatar people, look at his avatar.....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
When I read you posts my mind converts the words into "Rocky" speak...
Hokey Smoke!

And now... Here's something we hope you'll really like...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a squeak and it is coming from my top on the drivers side.. I only get it when the top is down. It will be my number one complaint when I bring her in to the dealer for her first service.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Mark Evans said:
BTW .. if Chicago folks read this, tell me of your color scheme .. my wife and I will look for you when we're in the White City...

Silver Pearl/Black Int/Black Top...with the plate below:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Mark Evans said:
Hello,

I have had my Sky for 37 great days. I am a very happy owner except for an annoying squeak that seems to originate in the driver's side rear quarter panel. It occurs with the top up or down when I go over any sort of significant roughness in the road at speeds of 15 mph or more.

I had it in for service last week and the dealer said that they fixed the noise but alas it still occurs very consistently. It sounds like a bushing or something rubbing on another surface. I will be in Chicago all next week (can't make it to the event, we'll be back in CA on Friday ) so the dealer will have it for that whole time to diagnose.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this and if so, what was the diagnosis?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks and happy driving ..

Mark Evans
Santa Maria, CA
Silver Pearl
Son of a gun !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The demo I drove had a squeak JUST LIKE YOU DESCRIBED.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Squeek revealed

A lot of us have experienced the squeek, but only when the top is down. The problem is the pins on the front of the top frame don't push back into their brackets properly. There are pieces of felt on these brackets that peel back so you have a metal to metal rub. This is avoided by pushing down and back on the top when it is lowered into the trunk. The problem seems to get better as the top gets older. It folds down better with age. You need to replace the felts and be aware they may be moving around when the top is lowered. There have been previous posts on this problem in April / May.

This can not be the source of your squeek when the top is up however. Good luck with finding that one!:banghead:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hear my squeek when my top is up only. Its quite annoying... especially since I haven't made the 3rd payment on it yet! I guess I have the stereo up way too loud to hear the squeek when the top is in the trunk. One day I will turn it down... naaaaah! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts