Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top was up on the midnight blue Sky as I walked into the Saturn dealership front glass display area. Tan top with black and tan interior. Don was wiping down the rear quarter panel with a soft white cotton cloth and commenting on how hard it is to keep from scratching the paint on the dark colors. “She is a beauty, isn’t she?” I said. He shook his head in acknowledgment but said nothing as he moved to the front hood and leaned over to get the light just right and wipe a smear the detail man had missed. “I’m glad your getting the silver pearl.” He said as he reached for a bottle of wax to touch up that spot on the hood that didn’t look just right. “It is so hard to keep the dark finishes from getting swirls and scratches. They’re picking her up in about 15 minutes and I can’t believe it looks this bad!” I commented that I wouldn’t be that picky about it and he brushed off my comment by saying “You gotta get it just right. These are beautiful cars.” He set down the bottle and abruptly said “Do you thing it is gonna rain? Should I have the top down for them? The top is wet, I wish I had a hair dryer to dry the ends of the top here.” I told him it would probably be better for them to see their car for the first time with the top down. “Ok, let me show you how it goes down, you got to get it just right and put the right amount of pressure as you close the lid.” He reached inside to release the top, slid it back and into the back trunk, and moved around the side and gave it a quick, firm slam.” “Yes, that looks a lot better, except for the fingerprints I left on the trunk. Where is that cloth.”

“Is Carol back from florida? I have the chrome plate for their Sky console.” He said. Carol is a friend of mine who had just picked up their Sky 3 weeks ago. The chrome plate that surrounded the shifter had a “crinkle” in it, not that noticeable but not right. He had ordered them a new one and wanted them to come in to get it installed.” Ya, you can call them, she’s back.” I told him.

For all the bitching we do about dealers and salesman, I saw today that there are a lot of people in the dealerships that really do care about our cars. Don really does care about the cars he sells and more to the point, the people he is serving. I for one really do appreciate that.

As I turned around, Don was looking out the window. He turned to me and said, “Do you think the rain will hold off?” I smiled to myself.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Dam Turk that was better than as the wheel turns. Grade A prose......Skip....:cheers: :cheers: :cool:

·
Registered
540 Posts
what a wonderful little writer you are !!! very impressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts