Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot of posts lately of people just walking in and buying a Sky.

People are giving up waiting, don't fit in the car, were dreamers who couldn't afford the car and when it comes say they don't want it.

Your opportunity is there.

Call your local dealers and ask for the specs on all ordered Skys, and when they expect delivery of individual cars.

Then keep calling til they are delivered you may just luck out and get a cancelled order very quickly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Camping Out Helps

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I camped out for 2 weeks at my Saturn dealer. I was #18 on the waiting list,ended up getting the very 1st Sky shipped to Houston Texas.
When they agreed to let me have the car, they told me no more camping out here and could pick it up in 7 days since it was thier showroom Model.
It was all worth it.
Blistered Knees and sore back.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's how I got mine.
One day I decided to stop into a south side dealership in Illinois.
The general manager told me that a customer had just canceled their order on the SKY on the showroom floor.
I asked if I could take it for a test drive and the rest is history.
2700 miles so far since May.
I love my SKY more every day!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Saturn of NW Frwy

1st Gear said:
I camped out for 2 weeks at my Saturn dealer. I was #18 on the waiting list,ended up getting the very 1st Sky shipped to Houston Texas.
When they agreed to let me have the car, they told me no more camping out here and could pick it up in 7 days since it was thier showroom Model.
It was all worth it.
Hey 1st Gear! you won't believe it but....

I sat in your car back in early March! :lol:

She was a beauty indeed.

My car was #4 and the first yellow that they received. The guy in the service dept. said everyone liked both red and yellow and it was a toss-up between the two. :D

Who was your salesman at NW Frwy? Mine was Craig. When I took delivery of mine, I asked what had happened to the red one and they said they sold it already. Well now I know who the proud owner is, hehe! Congrats!

PM me if you want to trade contact info and more details.

Cheers!
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
1st Gear said:
:D :D :D :D I camped out for 2 weeks at my Saturn dealer. I was #18 on the waiting list,ended up getting the very 1st Sky shipped to Houston Texas.
It was all worth it.
Now that's devotion !!! But you got what you wanted. Good job.:thumbs:

I use to camp out over night for Beany Babies for my niece, about 6-7 year's ago. Make's me laugh when I think about it. People thought I was nut's!!!! Middle of November with a chair and 4 blankets and a pillow.:lol: But my niece had every single one of them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yellow Sky

SUNNY_SKY said:
Hey 1st Gear! you won't believe it but....

I sat in your car back in early March! :lol:

She was a beauty indeed.

My car was #4 and the first yellow that they received. The guy in the service dept. said everyone liked both red and yellow and it was a toss-up between the two. :D

Who was your salesman at NW Frwy? Mine was Craig. When I took delivery of mine, I asked what had happened to the red one and they said they sold it already. Well now I know who the proud owner is, hehe! Congrats!

PM me if you want to trade contact info and more details.

Cheers!
:cheers:

Yellow Sky, I wanted to see a yellow sky, that was my second choice,
My salesman was Randy Lloyd, Stock No 66000.
Hey can you post Pics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Holiday Sky

I kinda got mine the same way. I was supposedly 75th on the list in January for my Sky (no deposit taken at this dealership). On Memorial Day weekend I got a call @ 9:30am that one was available (they had only delivered 3 so far out of an allotment of 8 for 2006 delivery). The salesperson said 1/2 of the people wanted an Automatic, and they called 26 before me and everyone else was out of town. So, went up looked, bought it and went home. It is Forest Green with the two tone black/tan interior. I was undecided about which color I wanted but this worked out fine! Anyway, I guess people could be on "the list" just to be on the list also. No dealer mark up. They did fill it up for me...but put in 87 octane. Saturn of Richmond (Virginia). Great site.

·
Registered
225 Posts
1st gear,

Is that Saturn of Houston Northwest 290?

·
Registered
52 Posts

etw98 said:
1st gear,

Is that Saturn of Houston Northwest 290?
yes it is

·
Registered
225 Posts
1st gear,

I have test driven your Sky, what a coincidence. That dealership is where I bought my '94 SL2 (see avatar). When I was in town visiting my parents for Easter, I took it for a test drive.

When I drove the car I noticed a problem that I don't think the dealership fixed. Check the rear wheel wells for tire rub. During the test drive, I was "playing" with the car and noticed a burning rubber smell. When I got back to the dealership, there was tire rub.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
deluke said:
Now that's devotion !!! But you got what you wanted. Good job.:thumbs:

I use to camp out over night for Beany Babies for my niece, about 6-7 year's ago. Make's me laugh when I think about it. People thought I was nut's!!!! Middle of November with a chair and 4 blankets and a pillow.:lol: But my niece had every single one of them.

OMG... reminds me of CAMPING OUT THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING... TO GET FURBY'S..... way too funny.... but..... we do get what we came there for.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
30 Posts
I called the dealer last week and was told that I'd have to place an order and get on the list of those waiting for one. And that I might be able to get one earlier if someone else decided they didn't want the one they ordered. Stopped by the showroom last Wednesday after work just to look at the one in the showroom. While I was there, the salesman disappeared for a few minutes, then returned to tell me that 2 had been delivered that afternoon, and one of them was "unclaimed", and was mine if I wanted it. Well YEAH I wanted it! So now it's mine.....with one caveat. It has to sit on the showroom floor until another one is delivered that can take its place! Could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
rkatekt said:
I called the dealer last week and was told that I'd have to place an order and get on the list of those waiting for one. And that I might be able to get one earlier if someone else decided they didn't want the one they ordered. Stopped by the showroom last Wednesday after work just to look at the one in the showroom. While I was there, the salesman disappeared for a few minutes, then returned to tell me that 2 had been delivered that afternoon, and one of them was "unclaimed", and was mine if I wanted it. Well YEAH I wanted it! So now it's mine.....with one caveat. It has to sit on the showroom floor until another one is delivered that can take its place! Could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

Thats not in Michigan is it :confused:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Congrats! Small price to pay to get one fast, hope they don't let people drive it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
MRSVIPER....not....it's not. I'm in Texas. And SKIHI07....I hope they don't let anyone drive it either!! :) I'm thinking maybe I should just go by there every day after work and sit in it until closing time! :) :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I would at least be stopping by everyday to detail the prints off it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer. I get to pick it up this afternoon after work. :willy: Exactly one week later.....no complaints!

·
Registered
137 Posts
SkyBaby said:
OMG... reminds me of CAMPING OUT THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING... TO GET FURBY'S..... way too funny.... but..... we do get what we came there for.... SkyBaby-07
SkyBaby - I camped out for Furby's that year too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts