Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone have pictures of the Satrun Sky? I saw that one picture but it really just shows the front. I would like to see a picture of the whole thing inside and out :rolleyes

·
Registered
102 Posts
nobody has a real picture yet, but it is based on the vehicle in the picture below, the Vauxhall VX Lightning:

·
Registered
727 Posts
These two photos have been floating around the net for a while for an Opel version of the car (not the VX Lightning concept). If you look at the details of the nose of this opel concept, and the Saturn Sky sketch released by GM, there is a very strong resemblance. So this opel may give us a very good idea of what the Sky will ultimately look like.

Keep an eye out for actual images of the Sky in the beginning of January, as it will make its debut next month.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow the Sky

Wow it sure does look alot like the solstice...... When is this sky suppose to come out for people to buy? I bet it will be more than $20,000 huh?????

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
GM announced it will be available early 2006 for purchase.

I have to say, I love those dual angular tail pipes sooooooo much.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow..glowing praise for Sky...

What you will see in January is a two-seat roadster almost sexy enough to make you forget the stunning Pontiac Solstice with which it will share GM’s new rear-wheel-drive Kappa platform.
Can't wait to see this thing. Since it's a month away now until Jan shows why can't GM put out some official pictures showing us Sky from different angles? Solstice had pictures & specs out all the way back to the concept in 2002. Come on GM give us a holiday bonus :blueangel

·
Registered
149 Posts
TomDoc; Great link! Good eye! This new Sky may well be worth waiting for. If it is offered with forced induction at its introduction, it maybe a slam- dunk!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Solstice is georgeous, but the pictures of the Sky look really nice, too. If the Sky is a little up-market from the Solstice (i.e. forced induction or v-6), it could be very tempting. Choices, choices.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
Wow it sure does look alot like the solstice...... When is this sky suppose to come out for people to buy? I bet it will be more than $20,000 huh?????
The best answer as to its pricing came in the GM release with the sketch, and stated it would have a price similar to the Solstice. I read that as meaning it probably won’t be below $20K, but it would still be in the low $20K’s.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
They refer to the Saturn event we had the countdown to before that we never heard anythign about and speculated was an NDA Pre-Release Press meeting
We understand why he’s excited about Saturn; we attended an off-the-record preview this summer, but we can’t show it until next month. Trust us, the wait will be worth it!
I just hope the rear end looks like it does in that picture still. If it has those dual exhaust tips I'll have to change my pants the first time I see a real good image. :D

Dear god, can I stand another 30 days of waiting??? I'm almost looking forward to NAIAS more the Christmas :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Is the Buick Velite (from this article) a Kappa car, because it really looks like it?

What is this? Kappa, the platform that saved GM. It's turning out to be the halo car for every group it comes out in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
brentil said:
Is the Buick Velite (from this article) a Kappa car, because it really looks like it?

What is this? Kappa, the platform that saved GM. It's turning out to be the halo car for every group it comes out in.
It looks like the epsilon platform to me.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts