Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out the width of the wheels and the bolt pattern. Also, is anyone the least bit curious about putting on 19" wheels?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I'm trying to find out the width of the wheels and the bolt pattern. Also, is anyone the least bit curious about putting on 19" wheels?
Tires look a little thin already, it might not be possible to go bigger.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Tires look a little thin already, it might not be possible to go bigger.
Oh, you can always go bigger. Now it's not always a good idea to go bigger, but you can. The rubber looks so small because the tires are already really big at 18". The only real thing going to 19" is going to do on the base car is decrease performance and mess with handleing. Even if the wheel weighs the same as the 18" wheel you've now moved the majority of the mass outwards 0.5" in all directions greatly increasing rotational inertia. Now in specificly designed cases like what Delnari wants to do, bigger wheels can be beneficial.

18.0" X 8.0"
5 X 110mm (also used on Cobalt SS/ION RL/Malibu MAXX)
I believe the offset might be in the 45-55's range as speculated at the Solstice forum.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I do want to stay fairly conservative with any modifications, I think that's why we all like the car so much is because along with being solid, it just looks good. Crossing my fingers that GM has taken their time to really put a car together that doesn't look and have the cheap "feel". I'm also in a rather conservative industry, so I just want to keep it classy, and I think bigger tires and some nice wheels will do that.

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
Oh, you can always go bigger. Now it's not always a good idea to go bigger, but you can. The rubber looks so small because the tires are already really big at 18". The only real thing going to 19" is going to do on the base car is decrease performance and mess with handleing. Even if the wheel weighs the same as the 18" wheel you've now moved the majority of the mass outwards 0.5" in all directions greatly increasing rotational inertia. Now in specificly designed cases like what Delnari wants to do, bigger wheels can be beneficial.

18.0" X 8.0"
5 X 110mm (also used on Cobalt SS/ION RL/Malibu MAXX)
I believe the offset might be in the 45-55's range as speculated at the Solstice forum.
A tire can only get so thin. I am pretty sure you can't put 22's on a SKY!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts