Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt realize that my husband's GM employee discount applied to Saturn ??? but its listed on the site and the Sky has a "yes" beside eligibility. Has anyone been able to get this ??? with demand so high didnt know how it would work ??? Ummm, Corvette Z6 is excluded (FYI)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
I didnt realize that my husband's GM employee discount applied to Saturn ??? but its listed on the site and the Sky has a "yes" beside eligibility. Has anyone been able to get this ??? with demand so high didnt know how it would work ??? Ummm, Corvette Z6 is excluded (FYI)
yes, I know of a dealer that was allowing use of it.

I think I'm the only one.

but keep in mind that its up to each dealership to honor it or not. On a car this hot, most dealers aren't willing to take it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha, that was my first thought also. I mean with all the price gouging we keep hearing about etc. I am sure only the most honest of dealers would even think of such a thing. May I ask how much it helps ??? hundreds? thousands? percentage? the GM employee deal is new to me - didnt have it when I bought my last car.

·
Registered
623 Posts
When I place my order I am going to tell my dealer that I better get the discount, or I will sit on my order until they give me one. I refuse to pay more than the discount. It's just time, eventually they will buckle and let you use it. Almost all the Chevy dealers let you use the discount on the Corvette, so Saturn dealers shouldn't think they are special for the SKY.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DuSpinnst said:
When I place my order I am going to tell my dealer that I better get the discount, or I will sit on my order until they give me one. I refuse to pay more than the discount. It's just time, eventually they will buckle and let you use it. Almost all the Chevy dealers let you use the discount on the Corvette, so Saturn dealers shouldn't think they are special for the SKY.
So I should tell them when i do my pre-lim order or when I get an image??? sorry I am trying to learn all this new lingo. And I still cant figure out how much off it will be ??? some models it tells me - but some it doesnt ?:confused:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I was shown that it would discount the car 2200.00

It all depends on how bad you want the car. Most of us were happy that we were getting msrp!

If you play hardball on the discount, you could lose the car. I don't quite understand how you "sit" on an order. I know that if I didn't take the car that there were 20 other people that would. ( I got msrp so I didnt complain)

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
usmc said:
I was shown that it would discount the car 2200.00

It all depends on how bad you want the car. Most of us were happy that we were getting msrp!

If you play hardball on the discount, you could lose the car. I don't quite understand how you "sit" on an order. I know that if I didn't take the car that there were 20 other people that would. ( I got msrp so I didnt complain)

just my 2 cents
:agree: You really cant play hard ball with this car due to the fact that if you dont take it, someone will the next day.
My dealer has had 2 Sky's come in where the original person backed out. The car was resold within 24 hours.
USMC, glad to see you finally got your baby...:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
Most dealership's won't let you use it. It's up to them. But some will, it's worth checking.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I get the GM discount, but it is NOT offered on the SKY.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
That's because your dealer won't allow it. But it is available if they want to give it to you. They won't let me use it on my GXP either.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I get a Suppliers Discount.... The SKY is now listed, but it is up to the dealer to accept it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SkyHi07 said:
Seriously it says yes beside the Sky on the 3 or 4 page GM printout that shows which vehicles are eligible. Excluded the big Hummer, newest Vette, and some others. Umm, you know what - I was looking at 2007 model year. Maybe it was excluded in 2006? I can get my hubby to log on the copy the sheets for you guys. But i have a question - doesnt GM lose the money on the discount and not the dealership ??? just curious.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick Tinley Park said:
I get a Suppliers Discount.... The SKY is now listed, but it is up to the dealer to accept it.
so Rick did you ask your dealership to honor it ???

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
deluke said:
I would say yes, because you can with the solstice, it might be a lower amount though. I think 1,000.00.
It would be a no... with the exception of Canada and a week or two every few years in the US... GM Card points are not accepted on any Saturn model.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
But i have a question - doesnt GM lose the money on the discount and not the dealership ??? just curious.
How it was explained to me by a dealer was that it depends on the contract that the dealership has with GM. Apparently, GM doesn't necessarily take the full hit on the price reduction. Its more than likely a shared "loss" between the dealership and GM.

For example, dealership A may have an 80% - 20% arrangement. So if your discount is 1000.00, GM absorbs 800.00 of it and the dealer 200.00.

and maybe dealership B is setup so GM pays the full discount.

so as you can see, depending on the reduction in profit the dealer may take, will dictate on how willing they are to let you use the discount.

disclaimer--- this is how it was explained to me. I do not work for GM or saturn and don't have "inside" info. I happen to be the only one on this forum that I know of that was actually allowed the option to use the discount. (I didn't end up using it) if that gives me any credibility.
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
so Rick did you ask your dealership to honor it ???
not yet.....
I have the certificate printed and ready to go.... I always pull it out last...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rick Tinley Park said:
not yet.....
I have the certificate printed and ready to go.... I always pull it out last...
Rick - please tell me how that works out for you. I am curious who you work for that you get the supplier discount? Maybe you and my hubby are team mates ???

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Back when I got my SKY the dealer ship wasn't applying any discounts to the purchase. I did get it for MSRP though with no add ons so I was pretty happy with that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts