Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a little philosphical.

I still do not have my Sky yet, though at times I get so obsessed with it, it becomes the be-all in my life. I also listen to people who talk about how happy they are to get there Sky and how they are smiling all the time because they have one.

However, there is a difference (for me anyways) in feeling happy and being happy. I just want to get others perspective on this.

Do you own a Sky or are you waiting for a Sky?
(If you are waiting, answer these questions with how you think you would if you owned one.)

Does the owning/driving the Sky make you feel happy?

Does the sky bring you happiness?

Does the sky bring meaning to your life?

Where on the list of importance in your life where does your Sky fit in?

What brings you the most pleasure from your Sky?

A) The attention you get.

B) The sensation of driving it. (The way it drives, the wind in your hair, etc)

C) The satisfaction of owning something you really wanted.

D) The fact the car is so f'n hot!

E) Other

How much of your satisfaction/happiness of the Sky comes from being a part of the SkyRoadster.com community?

If you have a Sky. How would your life be different if you had to give up your Sky?

If you don't have a Sky how do you think having a Sky will be different?

I want to see what others say before I post my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It makes me very happy for all the reasons, except sometimes I wish people didn't stare so much. Not used to it.:lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
A combo of the reasons you post, very little "bringing meaning into my life,' however, but I could add: Owning something very rare...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think you forgot to add: D) all of the above????:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I meant F not D.....I'm getting too rapped up in this forum that I'm not thinking too straight.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It's a fun car to own and drive. But don't get carried away, it's just a car. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Do you own a Sky or are you waiting for a Sky? Yup!

Does the owning/driving the Sky make you feel happy? Yup!

Does the sky bring you happiness? Yup!

Does the sky bring meaning to your life? I wouldn't go quite that far...

Where on the list of importance in your life where does your Sky fit in? Between my friends and my job.

What brings you the most pleasure from your Sky? B, with D in a close second.

E) Other

How much of your satisfaction/happiness of the Sky comes from being a part of the SkyRoadster.com community? It's nice to have access to other people who know what I'm experiencing and can think as a group to address any of our concerns.
If you have a Sky. How would your life be different if you had to give up your Sky? It would be really frustrating, since I'd just start waiting for another one. It would definitely be worse than the first time, though, since I'd know what I'm missing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree with Gary, have to keep it in perspective. Have to admit that it is a nice diversion from all of the "junk" life throws our way. Kind of fun to "obsess" a little on something that is as fun and as cool as the Sky, just have to keep it all in perspective I guess.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Yes I own a SKY
It makes me happy to drive, and listening to XM along the coast..
My life all ready had meaning, Two great kids, two Grand children and a Wife of 36 years, and the CSM of a heavy division of the U.S. Army....
I love working on the car it makes me happy and relaxes me
If the SKY had not been built, I would have found a different car.
Would I trade it NO,NO,NO
do I care about the little problem with the car NO not at all, only had one cup holder stopped opening (will Fix Wed)
I just love the car, and spend time driving along the coast...Seal9:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I like looking forward to having something to jump into at the end of my day, and I would say I like the attention from having something new but I think that’s faded more in to enjoying something that I know is hard to come by. I pretty much only enjoy driving with the top down and do my best to push my luck with bad weather hoping the black clouds above me don’t rip open and rain down. I guess I just like being in the air and feel relaxed when I drive the Sky. It’s analogous to getting out and golfing for me, it relaxes me and takes me away from anything I may have to do or things I may be worrying about. It’s the exposure to the elements, the fun of having a roadster, and the enjoyment of owning something I really wanted all wrapped up in one.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
reedred said:
Do you own a Sky or are you waiting for a Sky? Yup!

Does the owning/driving the Sky make you feel happy? Yup!

Does the sky bring you happiness? Yup!

Does the sky bring meaning to your life? I wouldn't go quite that far...

Where on the list of importance in your life where does your Sky fit in? Between my friends and my job.

What brings you the most pleasure from your Sky? B, with D in a close second.

E) Other

How much of your satisfaction/happiness of the Sky comes from being a part of the SkyRoadster.com community? It's nice to have access to other people who know what I'm experiencing and can think as a group to address any of our concerns.
If you have a Sky. How would your life be different if you had to give up your Sky? It would be really frustrating, since I'd just start waiting for another one. It would definitely be worse than the first time, though, since I'd know what I'm missing.

=================================

I think you stated things very well and I :agree: with your comments.
This is a car ... a hot affordable car ... but a car. My wife is used to be going through these 'gotta have it now' rants. Waiting for my 65" HDTV, my screened in gazebo, a great vacation trip, most all past vehicles and marrying her. It is some of these little barely important things in life that make it exciting. Like screaming at a game or cheering at the track. Being human can be fun and exciting if we let ourselves express our emotions. Even the rants we read in this forum are enjoyable to see our friends finally yell ... in printed word. We understand and often may or may not agree and type in our opinion.
:cheers:

·
Registered
804 Posts
I simply love our Sky, but if we had to give it up to pay for some kind of bill that came out of nowhere, yes, I would sell it. After all, it is a car...a very fun, cool looking, fantastic driving machine...but a car. Perspective is always needed. If you put your car, or any posession, before you or your family's needs, you need a 2x4 to the head to wake you up to what is important.

·
Registered
337 Posts
What The Hell I Have A Few Mins!

HELL YES IT DOES...But the payments don't...:lol:

Does the sky bring you happiness?

It gives me a natural high when driving. :D

Does the sky bring meaning to your life?

Dude...it's a car....have you jumped off the deep end? :eek:

There is no importance to my life because I drive a Sky...I would be who I am with or without it. :skep:

E) Other

DUDE! ALL OF THE ABOVE! :willy:

How much of your satisfaction/happiness of the Sky comes from being a part of the SkyRoadster.com community?

NONE...BUT MY SANITY? Yes the Forum helps me with that...It's good to have a common interest and not only help other owners but get help from other owners as well! :cheers:

If you have a Sky. How would your life be different if you had to give up your Sky?

I would probably need to have sex at least 3 times a day to get my mind off driving it! :crazy:

IT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE A MOVIE STAR BABY! :yesnod:

OK...so I do wonder a few things and love a few comments I get!

I'm not a bad looking dude but I have a question...ARE ALL THOSE CHICKS SMILING AT ME...OR THE SKY? I mean...the Sky is always smiling! :confused:

How could you not love it when not only does no one have a clue what kind of car the SKY is but they actual follow you and do there best to get your attention while driving to ask you...

Harley riders giving you thumbs up?

Viper and Vett drivers revving thier motors giving you thumbs up ON THE HIGHWAY?

When asking me how much it costs and me asking them how much do you think and them saying 50-60Gs seeing them CRAP THEIR PANTS when I tell them 27Gs

ALL PRICELESS!

ALOHAS :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, for the rest of my life!

Happy! :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Does the owning/driving the Sky make you feel happy? Sure. I might use "At Peace" over "Happy."

Does the sky bring you happiness? I bring that to myself. The SKY helps.

Does the sky bring meaning to your life? Not hardly.

Where on the list of importance in your life where does your Sky fit in? It reflects who I am; it does not make me who I am.

E) Other Getting in line long ago knowing that the car was going to be just incredible, and being exactly right.

How much of your satisfaction/happiness of the Sky comes from being a part of the SkyRoadster.com community? Quite a bit. A lot more than I expected. And I really enjoy our SoCal drives (I haven't Rally'd since my Porsche days.)

If you have a Sky. How would your life be different if you had to give up your Sky? I was without mine for two weeks. I felt disconnected from the road and the community of other drivers. I was looking to see the usual stares and there weren't any...

If another car is ever made that surpasses the joy that this one has brought me, it will be absolutely incredible. That's setting aside the Red Line, of course, which I consider to be the same thing only quicker.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jdigiant said:
Does the sky bring you happiness? I bring that to myself. The SKY helps.
:agree: :agree:

jdigiant said:
How much of your satisfaction/happiness of the Sky comes from being a part of the SkyRoadster.com community? Quite a bit. A lot more than I expected. And I really enjoy our SoCal drives (I haven't Rally'd since my Porsche days.)
:agree: :agree: (though I never had a porsche) :D

jdigiant said:
If you have a Sky. How would your life be different if you had to give up your Sky? I was without mine for two weeks. I felt disconnected from the road and the community of other drivers. I was looking to see the usual stares and there weren't any...
After spending the first run in Cerebus's Sky, I kept looking for the stares on the second. But since being in my ION I am sure the only stares I got where with the thought. "Why doesn't that jerk in the ION stop holding up those beautifuls cars and pull over! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are my answers
Do you own a Sky or are you waiting for a Sky? Waiting
(If you are waiting, answer these questions with how you think you would if you owned one.)

I have no doubt I will feel happy having my Sky

Does the sky bring you happiness? No, happiness is something that comes from within, by how I choose to live my life and what that brings. The Sky is fringe benefit of that.

Does the sky bring meaning to your life? Absoluletly Not!

Health, Wife, Family, Friends, Job, Sky.

E) Other

In this order: C, B, D, A, E - The fact it is so rare. D, A, E are interchangable

Not having a Sky, almost all of it. After all I got to live vicarously through 22 other people last week!:D

I will have a big smile every time I first see my car till I park it and then some.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes

Its just plain FUN

I have close to 6000 miles on her and the fun doesn't get old.

Awsome drive to the keys with 5 other Skys today and one solstice...

fun fun FUN!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts