Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My question is to the existing Sky Owners.

When your cruising in your SKY does it turn heads?

I know it ain't a Ferrarri, but I was wondering if any of you existing SKY owners have some cruising stories to share.

P.S. Please only share the "real ones" not the ones you dream of when you go to bed at night :willy:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Welllll, I have had people ask me if its a viper? I had a guy in a brand new cadalliac tell me what a beautiful car she is. I have had people at stop lights roll there windows down and give me compliments, and thats not to mention the upteen times I get the thumbs up...:thumbs: And lets not forget the provebreal "Thats a Saturn?"

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
antonio26mtl said:
Hi,

I know it ain't a Ferrarri, but I was wondering if any of you existing SKY owners have some cruising stories to share.

P.S. Please only share the "real ones" not the ones you dream of when you go to bed at night :willy:

Here is one from yesterday - driving home from SkyBaby's BBQ (five SKYs -- one place -- Big party)
I discovered it is best to stay in the right lane because no matter WHAT speed you are going - people will go faster (and pass on the right if you are in the left lane) to see what you are driving. I was doing 85 and was constantly pulled up to -- checked out... then the driver would either pass - or drop back....

I have had "GREAT CAR" yelled at me from god-knows-where (I now just stick my hand up and wave as an acknowledgement)...

I was at a party Saturday and found out later that there were 10 people around my car -- 3 with cameras -- none were from the party -- just neighbors that saw it parked there.

Here is a whole list of great stuff:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4460&highlight=stories

My favorite is a forum member entered his STOCK Sky in a Classic/Custom Car show and won -- then tried it in another town a week later and won there too!:cheers: :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
All of the Sky owners on this forum can attest: The car gets a ton of attention, be it if you are seeking it or not, it will solicit smiles, stares, questions, comments and even pictures.

If your top is down and you’re at a stop light or a place where people can talk to you, chances are you can’t make it from point A to point B without some kind of "incident".

Even when left alone you may find yourself leaving a restaurant or store only to find several people standing around the car talking about it and looking. They always think you are one of the fellow peanut gallery until you hit unlock (always with an uncontrollable smile plastered across your face).

And if you see something on your windshield, don’t immediately think it’s a parking ticket... as I have found, it just might be a phone number.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've recently got my SKY. In the city that I live in, all you see is pickup trucks. So its nice to see a shocking look on faces as I drive by. Its like you can read their lips saying, Gawlee what was that Billy Bob! haha

·
Registered
129 Posts
My baby certainly does turn heads and automatically activates conversations with complete strangers. The other day while driving home from work a young lady in an SUV put down her window letting the hot air into her airconditioned area just to ask me what year Vette I was driving. And you ask if it turns heads? I've never received a negative reaction to my baby. The Sky is the thing dreams are made of.:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
The first few weeks of having her... it was all i could do to get where i needed to go to... TONS of people, at stoplights, parking lots, stop signs, drive-thrus, you name it... they would first ask...WHAT IS THAT???..... i had a VIPER...(VIPERE) license plate here in Rockford,,, come up beside me and do a TRIPLE take..... then stopped AT A GREEN LIGHT TO WAIT FOR ME TO GET THERE and then the light was red.... asked me what it was and said.... DA(MN) THAT IS A HOTT CARRRR... i thought it was a mini viper.... but i know better.. and..WOW... i do still have the only viper in town.... we both just laughed and he sped away.... needless to say, i wish i could have SPED as quickly as he.. but... in time grasshopper... in time..... then a black vett ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION.... not same car followed me to a parking lot and asked questions about her..... IT IS AWESOME.... LOVE THE ATTENTION....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you do not believe the people on this site. You can ask the residences of the small beach communities between Huntington Beach and San Diego. I must of seen hundreds of head turns. Heard tons "Nice Car" and other compliments on the First SoCal Sky Beach Run yesterday

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Rubbernecking, and head snaps, it is like driving a ROCK STAR!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Photographic Evidence

At least two out of three...

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
When I went to test drive the car I had a guy in a Mercedes follow me back to the dealer and ask what car it was. I don't even think he realized he pulled into a Saturn dealership because he probably has never stepped foot into one. We told him it was a Saturn Sky and he could not believe it. He went in to get more details.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
jdigiant said:
At least two out of three...
HA!! CLASSIC!!!!!
That's what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, when you took the picture, we were fighting our way to catch up at that time, about 5 miles back.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Constantly

This car is constantly swarmed by strangers. I'll sit at a restaurant where I can watch it (top down) and just start counting the lookyloos. People swarm the thing whereever it goes. There are constant comments from other drivers and pedestrians. Last week I had people in the lane next to me taking pictures of it while we were on the freeway. A week after I got it I was driving home from work in gridlock traffic on a sidestreet. Next thing I know a cop was pulling me over. He came up to the car, announced I was speeding (which was impossible considering the traffic), announced that I wouldn't be getting a ticket, and then proceeded to ask me all about the car. I guess he was embarrassed to tell me he pulled me over to look at the car. If you get tired of the attention I find turning the music up and looking straight ahead gives you at least the illusion of privacy.

·
Registered
453 Posts
antonio26mtl said:
Hi,

Oh Yes, it definately turns heads. Lot's of mouths hanging open and double takes. A few cursing words because they can't believe it's a Saturn. And my favorite is the cop who followed me for a few blocks then got on his micraphone and shouted, "That's one puurty car young lady." Ha, ha, the best part was the "young lady." :D T.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
antonio26mtl said:
Hi,

Does a cat have climbing gear? Does a bear poop in tha woods? Did Adam love Eve? Duh all this is an understatement. Iffen ya got a Sky people will talk, an stare, an yell Hey turn down tha music and tell me what kinda car is that....I tell them it's a Saturn Roadster and I like it.... Skip....loves tha attention here in tha great state of Alabama... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
420 Posts
look up in the Sky! it's a bird...

the Sky definitely turns heads!

At a crosswalk, I heard some guy who was with his group of friends say "What the heck is that?!" when I passed them by with my top down. I looked in my rearview mirror, and sure enough they were all staring at my rear (the Sky's rear, not mine) checking it out. :D

Then one time at a Starbucks, as I was heading inside, some guy on his way out notices it and asks me, "Wow! That's a beautiful car! What is it?"

I said, "It's called the Sky, by Saturn."

"Sat-urn?" he said. LOL! He had never heard of Saturn!

Then one time, another guy in his fancy Jaguar stops to compliment my car and said he wants one of these as well, but could not find any for sale at the local dealerships. hah! I told him I was on a waiting list for it since last year. He seemed disapointed but said he would keep checking around.
I said "Good luck! You have good taste in cars." to which he said "Thanks! you too!" then drove off.

I have even had an officer with the Dallas Police Dept. who patrols my neighborhood often, stopped to chat one time and said how much he likes the Sky. He said it looks classy. However, he said he would buy the Solstice just because it is cheaper.

The Sky is definitely a looker and I can't stop looking/doing double takes after parking it, etc., help I'm addicted! LOL!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I met my wife and son for dinner at a restaurant, and I had to zip back to work. So I hop in my SKY and zip out of the parking lot and am on my way.

I get home, and my son tells me this story:
We were leaving the restaurant just as you were taking off. All of a sudden a couple of guys leaving at the same time as us said, "Oh my God. That's the new SKY! That is SO HOT!" He then called a buddy on his cell phone and said, "Dude - I just saw a SKY. It was totally awesome. I snapped a picture with my phone and I'm sending it to you NOW! You won't believe how good it looks in person!"
I get a lot of comments. Almost every day, several times a day. But that story from my son makes we wonder how many heads it turns and how many conversations it starts that occur out of earshot after I am long gone...

·
Registered
18,107 Posts
Today I had a guy and his family follow me into the supermarket in Jersey...He said he followed me because he thought it was a new VIPER, but then saw the Saturn logo. He said he owns a 4 yr old cobra which he hates...it has been in the shop because of the clutch and transmission ever since he got it...but loves the SKY...they could not get over the interior also...

Just another wanna be SKY owner...told him they were all sold out...it put a tear in his eyes...

MarlboroMike

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Agreed

richmcc said:
If you do not believe the people on this site. You can ask the residences of the small beach communities between Huntington Beach and San Diego. I must of seen hundreds of head turns. Heard tons "Nice Car" and other compliments on the First SoCal Sky Beach Run yesterday
I was there too. Being further back in the pack you get to see and here more reactions as the first few fly by and the people watching become amazed, and then realize there are 12 of us(at the peak of the run)
"That's a Saturn?"
"How Much?" "NOway, that's amazing."
Lots of "WOW" and "COOL" and "That's a HOT car"
The only thing that was louder then some of our group were some Choppers, also out for a nice Sunday Dive.:thumbs: :cool:

And as an after thought, does our insurance cover whiplash on the people rubber necking and looking at our cars as we drive by???

1 - 20 of 56 Posts