Saturn Sky Forum banner

Did your dealer charge msrp without any forced markup or dealer addons.

• Yes

Votes: 64 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 36.6%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
No Mark-up

Not only did my dealer NOT mark-up the price or add anything on......I got a car someone else walked away from that was ordered BEFORE the June price increase and I got it for the LOWER price.

Can you say, "satisfied customer"?.......I can!

·
Registered
452 Posts
No markup - only paint seal and fabric care

Very pleased with my dealer - I did elect the buy the extended warranty and service plan.

Did the math on the warranty and service plan and the convenience was well worth the cost delta. Also, given it is the first model year - you know the statistics are against us all on this one, first turbo for me, and use of Mobil One by the deal were the selling points for me). That said, I have not taken it in for my first service yet,

Additionally, the dealer worked very hard with me to get my car in before my wife’s B-day (see thread for the story there - http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8154)

If anyone is looking in Northern Virginia I can recommend my dealer, he owns several in the area. PM me if you are interested in a recommendation.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Not only did my dealer NOT mark-up the price or add anything on......I got a car someone else walked away from that was ordered BEFORE the June price increase and I got it for the LOWER price.

Can you say, "satisfied customer"?.......I can!
Funny you should say that, I watched a customer come in and my dealer do the same thing with an ordered Sky when the financing fell through on the original customer. He even gave the original customer her deposit back in full!!

First Saturn for me, but so far this experience is very satisfying experience for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer

My dealer has been great.... MSRP and discounted options......:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About 74% of the people are reporting they bought at msrp, My 2cents is that Saturn is handling for the most part having a super hot car, and still maintaining their original policy.

I believe if it was another brand we would see alot more in the way of price gouging. :thumbs:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Marked up

As I was looking at the Silver Graphite in the showroom (already sold) the sales consultant was trying to explain the "paint protection". He "gently" rubbed his finger over the spoiler to show me how it did not show fingerprints. As I was standing to the side of the car I asked him about the huge palm print on the hood, he really didn't have an answer for that. And then there's the "tire/wheel insurance" that covers damage. Isn't that what our auto insurance is for???

But this is the dealer that was reluctant to accept my deposit to start with. Sales mgr said he would guarantee I would not get a Sky until after first of the year, this was in late June. I understand the Sky is limited availability and there is the possibility I may not, and I don't claim to be the sharpest pencil in the box but it seems really easy to guarentee I would not get a car. Then he goes on to tell me I would be #12 on the list and there was one guy ahead of me that put in for five cars to re-sell on E-bay. Oh well, getting off the subject, sorry.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Doesn't really apply to this thread but thought y'all would like this. A Ford GT caught my eye at the dealer so I pulled in to see one up close. Window sticker was $175,000 + $50,000 "market adjustment".:eek:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Ordered a Redline in Blue Springs, Mo., at MSRP and no add ons. A cancelled red 2.4 sold at MSRP. No addendum stickers at the KC area Saturn stores. Solstices are going for $3-5K over and "whatever the market will bear" on the GXP.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
MSRP--No markups or add ons, this from a cancelled order I assumed with a 1K deposit--wait time 6 weeks--Vera of Pembroke Pines, Florida.:cheers: Timing is everything--:cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
MSRP (price-protected, before mfr's price increases)
No required dealer add-ons.
Asked about extended warranty during credit app.
Not asked about clear coat, etc. until signing papers.

Great dealer with great service. :thumbs:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Local dealer said they would sell at msrp. Then told me that they put clear coat ($995.00) and vin etching ($499.00) on all Saturns that go thru their dealership....no exceptions. I got my deposit back.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Although I haven't recieved my Sky yet. My invoice showing the deposit and the balance do on delivery is absolutely MSRP pre all Saturn increases.:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dealer Mark-up

MSRP, + paint/wheel warranties.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts