Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been dealing with one salesperson since March. When I got the call from the GM about placing my order, she said that that salesperson was no longer with them but they assigned my car to another salesperson. I said find and I would come out to meet them Saturday (Today). Got to the delaership and was looking for my new salesperson and they said he was no longer with them. I started laughing and said I guess nobody else wanted me now!:D

Got a new salesperson that has been there 10 years so I guess they are safe!:D

P.S. The new sales person said that all Sky had to be equipped with Simonize and Fabric protector. I balked and said I will NOT pay for that. She went to ask the GM and the GM said, "He gets his car just as he has ordered it and nothing else". I think the GM likes me!:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Maybe took pity on you for being an ophran. Hehehe... Skip..:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Salesman

Funny I have a very similar story. My first salesman was gone the week after I decided not to take the regular Sky and switch to the Redline. They assigned me a new salesperson, who I felt wasn't giving me the stright skinny. This week I called him and he said they were still not taking orders that they didn't even know the colors and options. I went out to the GM site and sure enough on dealer world all of the info is there and posted for all to see. I went to the dealer today and asked him to his face if they still didn't know anything to which he said no they still don't. I laid a copy of the Dealer world info on the desk. He just hemmed and hawed and 5 minutes later they said I would be dealing with someone else. They then and only then entered my order in to GM workbench system.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I wish I had that kind of luck with my salesperson when I got the car.

:banghead:

Still working on resolution of being charged for 2 sets of tires and wheels. I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have so far had a really great experience. But I will wait till my car arrives and see what the final papers say. I just that type of suspcious person. :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Blue Sky said:
... I went to the dealer today and asked him to his face if they still didn't know anything to which he said no they still don't.
Saturn certainly is not exempt from incompetent (or lying) sales consultants,
SM's or GM's any more than any other brand... they've got some doozies..:D

·
Registered
746 Posts
salesman

True, but I really don't see the reason to lie unless entering an order for a Redline costs them allocation for regular Skys.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I had a similar experience. I was referred to my first salesman by a friend who works in the service department. Around last July, he left and my friend suggested a lady who'd been there 10 years, knew her stuff, and definitely wouldn't be going anywhere. Just one week before my car finally came in, after all of my phone calls and visits, she left for a Cadillac dealership. I was pretty bummed because I think she definitely deserved credit for selling me that car after all I put her through. She reccommended someone else to deliver the car to me, and while he was very nice, he really didn't know anything about the car or even seem to have reviewed the folder of documents pertaining to the order. When it came down to the wire, this ended up working to my advantage because I had documentation of everything being worked out in advance and had already eliminated any chances of being overcharged for anything.

As for paint & fabric protection, they did try to charge me for that, saying that it was applied to the car as soon as it hit the lot (the car hadn't even gone through PDI yet), but that was quickly dropped when I told them that two of their sales people promised me that wouldn't happen and pointed out that Chasdavid didn't pay for it either. Doing my homework and making forum connections definitely helped me a lot!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tis called the "HUMAN CONDITION" my friends and neighbors. There are good uns and bad uns and it seems the car business has a somewhat larger percentage of the bad uns. Pity really but such is life and we must learn to deal with it.
Thank heavens that SATURN has a much smaller percentage of bad guys.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I really don't talk to my salesperson, I go directly to the General Manager. That way I don't have to wait for the sales person to get answers from the general manager.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I assume that my salesman still work's there. The day they put in my order I got a call from the sales manager letting me know thay couldn't order the chrome wheels. He told me to just asked for him for any updates so that's who I call about every 2 weeks or so for updates and he has always been happy to keep me up to date. The next time I talk to him I will inquire about my salesman, the salesman did tell me he had been there for 9 years so I assume he still is there today!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Salesmen.... Bah! I take out Whole Dealerships!!!! :lol:

My Dealership announced it's closing 3 weeks before delivery... and closed 4 days after delivery...

:jester:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Fabric protection and special exterior coating

My sales manager pretty much said: "we have an adendum that we put on every car and it is for pinstripes, window tint and interior and exterior protection. If you don't agree to that adendum then we don't sell you the car".
That was told to my face by the sales manager at Saturn of West Palm Beach. And get this: the windows on the SKY are not that big but the cost.....holly cow!!!!!!!!!!.....$200.00 per window. $200.00 for pinstipes and around $800.00 for "protection" package.:mad:
When I told the sales manager I did not want the pinstipe and where was the $400.00 going...he just smiled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts