Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I we picked up our Little Blue Streak there's been one item bothering me. If by chance my passenger gets something out of the glove box and hits the trunk button I'm going to put up a sail at 35 - 70 MPH:eek: :eek: :banghead: :banghead:
Is there, (and I doubt it), an already installed lock-out that doesn't allow the trunk to open while moving? My Mustang GT has to have the emergency brake on before the top can be put up. I think I would have liked something similar to this with the trunk activation on the key-fob and the glove box button.
IN MY GARAGE 8/31/06
VIN#8059/Midnight Blue/Tan Leather/Tan Top/Manual/LSD/6 Disc Monsoon/Chromed 18 in Chome/Windscreen/Wheel locks/CAI/Splash Guards

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It makes such a racket when it opens I would think you could slow down and get it closed. Also, I think the windshield would keep it from getting enough lift until you could get pulled over....still a good thing to try and prevent..

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know 'Wulf, my trunk pop's open about 6 inches when I release it. Think the laminar air flow at anything above 10 -20 mph will dive under the lid without much effort. Once it's in the trunk it's gonna behave like a Trunk Monkey and want OUT!:lol:
I laugh now but expect to see a report sooner or later. Maybe I'll check the solstice forum and see if this has happened to one of theirs.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well, ...as they say....that is a good point. As I was reading your post I just had a vision of watching my entire roof blow off and plant itself on the windshield of the car behind me....(shudder) not pretty. Let us know how locking the trunk button out, and the monkey in...works. :lol: :lol: I'll just keep my glove box locked.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep the glove box locked! I must need another cup of coffee. That's a great quick fix Skywulf.:)
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You mean less than 5 mph? Starbucks for all! :cheers: :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
On all of my previous GM cars the auto trunk release won't work unless the car is in park. My Camaro's trunk release won't work when the car is even ON!
Speaking of which why didn't they put an auto trunk suck down latch on it like they have on the 80s Camaros? It would make me feel a lot better than having to slam the lid down, plus it would seem a lot more upscale, that's for sure. Where's the aftermarket guy, this needs to be retrofitted!

·
Registered
53 Posts
On all of my previous GM cars the auto trunk release won't work unless the car is in park. My Camaro's trunk release won't work when the car is even ON!
Speaking of which why didn't they put an auto trunk suck down latch on it like they have on the 80s Camaros? It would make me feel a lot better than having to slam the lid down, plus it would seem a lot more upscale, that's for sure. Where's the aftermarket guy, this needs to be retrofitted!
:thumbs: Great idea! Why not have an auto trunk lid closer. I know the power options are limited to the windows and not the seats yet but the trunk lid auto latch would be nice. I'm off to the auto store now. Hope I can find something.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Trunk release only works in PARK.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
166 Posts
:thumbs: Great idea! Why not have an auto trunk lid closer. I know the power options are limited to the windows and not the seats yet but the trunk lid auto latch would be nice. I'm off to the auto store now. Hope I can find something.
I know Autozone sells the hatch retractor for the 82-92 Camaro.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
the trunk wont open unless the car is stationary.. i went out and tried it a few months back there use to be a post about it that i did.. the glove box button or the FOB will not open it as long as the car is in motion forward OR rev..

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I like the idea, my only concern would be that by the time they installed the power trunk lid option, the glove box would be the largest storage space in the car :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I like the idea, my only concern would be that by the time they installed the power trunk lid option, the glove box would be the largest storage space in the car :lol: :lol:
It will hold a flask and a beer. Need not be bigger than that. :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
For all concerned ,YELLOWSKY did a few experiments with the trunk lid a few months back . Just search and you will find....Skip...The trunk will not engage if the Sky is moving..Sorry no sail.....:) :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
For all concerned ,YELLOWSKY did a few experiments with the trunk lid a few months back . Just search and you will find....Skip...The trunk will not engage if the Sky is moving..Sorry no sail.....:) :)
Word. I just checked it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i wouldnt lie to you all

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also need to watch accidentally hitting the trunk release on the key fob when you stop. My dad did this on accident when we stopped on the side of the interstate on the way to a show (was needing to verify directions with me), and when he grabbed the key fob getting out, he accidentally hit the trunk release on accident and didn't notice it. When he got back in the car and started driving on the interstate in front of us - what do you know... the trunk flies open while he's doing like 30-some miles/hour!! :eek: yeah, it was scary... He drove for like maybe a half mile before he finally noticed and pulled over. No damage luckily -- but definitely a lesson learned to check all is in place before driving!! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts