Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My salesman in Roseville, CA called me on Friday and said that their first Sky was on the showroom floor. Also said the they had dressed it up and it wouldn't be for sale for 10 days. Wanted to show it off. So after work the wife and I went to check it out. WOW did they ever dress it up. Rims, coating for the paint and intierier, clear bra, window tinting all for an additional mark up of $10,000 bucks. :banghead: :banghead: The sticker was $ 36,895.00 and the car didn't last 48 hours. He called me Sunday morning to say that the car was gone. Someone came in Saturday night and paid $46,000 for it because his wife had to have it.

Sales guy also said that they are expecting 10 SKY's and they will be dressing everyone of them the same way. No you can not order or get one of the SKY's without the extras.

So I called around and wound up USMC's back yard, Santa Rosa, CA, test drove the demo, handed them a check and got on their list to get a SKY at msrp.:willy: :willy: :willy: So know I am waiting like all most everyone else, but at least I know I'm in the pipeline and will be getting a SKY when my number comes up.

So the bottom line is that if you are in the Sacramento area forget Roseville Saturn if you want a SKY for msrp.

May I should clarify that. They are selling the SKY for msrp but not with out the dealer add ons that are totaling 10 grand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
This is a way the dealers can still say they are charging MSRP, yet they have a ton of markup on the aftermarket products. The profit on these products is HUGE. And, they don't bring much return on resale value. I would not buy one with a lot of aftermarket products on it. :nono:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
If it wasn't in CA, I would say there is no way someone would pay almost $20K over MSPR. But the don't call it Holly Weird for nothing.:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Saw that in Roseville, too. Beautiful Sky but it only took a couple of hours to add on the 10 thous of extras - about 5 grand an hour!?! Will always be folks with wants where money is no object - I don't begrudge them. But I doubt Roseville can keep this up. For certain this is not what I consider to be Saturn caliber customer service.

They asked us about our Sky as we were commenting on the fact their car was our color. We told them Elk Grove ordered our car exactly as we wanted and they acted surprised. I told them point blank last November we went with Elk Grove as they (Roseville) would not even make pretense of working with me to get Jack's dream car. Too bad for them as we'll be loyal repeat customers. Guess we are not the Saturn market they target.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
I was talking with my dealer today about some other dealers abusing the MSRP policy. He was told that Saturn is not happy about this, and they are going to start limiting the number of images made available to those dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
fkeillor said:
My salesman in Roseville, CA called me on Friday and said that their first Sky was on the showroom floor. Also said the they had dressed it up and it wouldn't be for sale for 10 days. Wanted to show it off. So after work the wife and I went to check it out. WOW did they ever dress it up. Rims, coating for the paint and intierier, clear bra, window tinting all for an additional mark up of $10,000 bucks. :banghead: :banghead: The sticker was $ 36,895.00 and the car didn't last 48 hours. He called me Sunday morning to say that the car was gone. Someone came in Saturday night and paid $46,000 for it because his wife had to have it.

Sales guy also said that they are expecting 10 SKY's and they will be dressing everyone of them the same way. No you can not order or get one of the SKY's without the extras.

So I called around and wound up USMC's back yard, Santa Rosa, CA, test drove the demo, handed them a check and got on their list to get a SKY at msrp.:willy: :willy: :willy: So know I am waiting like all most everyone else, but at least I know I'm in the pipeline and will be getting a SKY when my number comes up.

So the bottom line is that if you are in the Sacramento area forget Roseville Saturn if you want a SKY for msrp.

May I should clarify that. They are selling the SKY for msrp but not with out the dealer add ons that are totaling 10 grand.

glad to hear my dealer could help out another person from the forum!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Sky Hi said:
I was talking with my dealer today about some other dealers abusing the MSRP policy. He was told that Saturn is not happy about this, and they are going to start limiting the number of images made available to those dealers.
Sorry to say they are doing MSRP so probably meet the Saturn price policy provisions. But the mandatory dealer add ons are the killer here. Buyers have several other dealers within a reasonable distance to work with so not all is lost.

Forget what I just said as I realized they sold this for an additional 10 over even the dealer price which was slightly over 36 thous. Sold (perhaps) for 46 thous - if so I hope that meets criteria for catching Saturn Corporate's eye!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
the 20k over story sounds like dealer bs...the owners wife probably took it or something....ya there are people who money is no object but they have porches and ferraris and stuff...dealer probably just thought that if you believed someone payed 20k over then 10k over msrp must be a bargain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Report them to GM... That kind of stuff should not be tolerated... A dealer hear did that at the time of the Employee Discount Pricing on Diesel trucks so he could still make his money...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
usmc said:
glad to hear my dealer could help out another person from the forum!!!
Yea Carol was great. She remembered me from this summer when I went there and spent a couple hours taking pictures. It'll be around September before I get the car but that OK. Maybe sometime we can meet and say Hi.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To clarify about the guy who bought the SKY for 10 grand over the dealer mark up. The story is that they didn't want to sell it and guy said give me your price and salesmanager, or somebody, not thinking the guy was serious said 46 grand and the guy said OK. So they sold it. When I saw the car with all the mark ups I knew someone would by it, because the is always the person that has to have the first of everything no matter the cost. If they can affoer it, more power to em. But for a working stiff like me I need to stay at msrp plus the options I select.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
fkeillor said:
To clarify about the guy who bought the SKY for 10 grand over the dealer mark up. The story is that they didn't want to sell it and guy said give me your price and salesmanager, or somebody, not thinking the guy was serious said 46 grand and the guy said OK. So they sold it.

Humm, the salesperson who called to tell me the car was in Friday said it would be sold to the first person THAT DAY who offered dealer's price. I got the call 'cause they knew I was a serious Sky buyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
At Saturn of Santa Rosa, the list is getting shorter as they have had several people drop out. Hope you don't have to wait too long. And...they are an awesome group of people.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
830 Posts
Holly Weird ...I love that.....:lol: :lol: :lol: Seal9
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Sounds like the person who bought it has more money than they have brains. :lol: Our dealership sold us our Sky for exactly what Saturn said!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
HRD&FAST said:
Sounds like the person who bought it has more money than they have brains. :lol: Our dealership sold us our Sky for exactly what Saturn said!!

eh not sur eI can fully agree with that :p If you have a ridiculous amount of money, say you're a mini bill gates. That 10k price difference means NOTHING for you.
Hell look at abercrombie clothes... you can get the EXACT same stuff for half the price... but people are willing to pay for it because the want that exact thing, that exact way, that exact whatever.

Same way with that Sky.

I don't think that saturn dealership is doing anything shady.... remember this IS in california.... they're appealing to a different crowd, if you're not a part of that crowd, then go on your way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
When Tomas called me from Roseville Saturn he said the car would be held for 15 days and anybody could come in to test drive it. I showed up 15 minutes earlyfor my testdrive appointment and was told that the car was taken to a shop for wheels and other stuff. I talked to the GM and we set up another test drive date. Then a day or two later I'm being told yhey sold it. I dropped them and went to Fairfield where they treated me right and now they will get my business. I'm sad that dealers will decieve people to their face and expect us to just grin and take it.

R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
What kind of jackass pays for a Corvette to drive a SKY? I mean, these are neat great cars but COME ON!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SkyHope said:
Humm, the salesperson who called to tell me the car was in Friday said it would be sold to the first person THAT DAY who offered dealer's price. I got the call 'cause they knew I was a serious Sky buyer.

Hey SkyHope, It just goes to show you the the salesmen are not given the right info. Or the tell us what they think we want to hear. I will not be doing a future business will Roseville Saturn. Probable drive all the way to Elk Grove to have my car serviced.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top