Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you think these look? The aftermarket stuff will most likely be made by SOMEONE if not a company. I think they look ok, but I love it stock. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I am blind...what are you showing us?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm confused too! Is their maybe darker headlight covers on them? I like the color of the last one, perhaps that would be close to the silver graphite?!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

Interesting... im guessing someone else is already planning on doing this..... very easy to do.

how much would you pay for these, 200 300???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oooooooooooooooo... I was wondering if someone was going to make something like that, and hopefully for the taillights, too. Stock looks a little bright, something like what you did with the headlights would look great, imo. Maybe more of a gunmetal than black, maybe. I saw some Nissan Sylvia headlights a year or two ago, they were a kind of gunmetal color. I would buy that.

Someone please make them. They look great. For $200-250, I'll buy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would buy them for around 200-250 black, gunmetal, or cf... body color matched ones for 300-350, or true carbon fiber ones for around 350-380

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thraxz said:
I only like it on the black one.
Me too. I prefer the shiny/stock look on the other colors.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Is it just one of those cheesy lens covers or are you actually replacing the interior of the housing with a darker material?

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you do the headlights, you also have to do the foglight and turnsignal areas otherwise it doesn't look right (and to balance it all out, include the rear taillights too). Just my $0.02 :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok

I'm not going to do it..... it is a pain in the ass to run a semi business, and I already have my hands full with my career. IF the lights are glued together, then you pop the WHOLE unit in the oven for 15min. and the glue melts but the rest does'nt. Then you take off the lense, mask off the chrome actual light areas (it will not reflect properly) then spray whatever color you want. You can also tint the lense from the inside and put it back on for more of a dark look.

I have no clue how these lights will be assembled, but in my Tiburon community, thats what they do. They match paint colors, and they do black, gunmetal, chrome (the 2003-2006 tiburon comes stock with black lights)

As far as the tails, it can be the same, I'm guessing its just a red lense and chrome inside. There will be someone somewhere making and selling clear lenses, and eventually blacked out housings. I LOVE silver / black cars.

But like I said, I love the way it looks stock, so I highly suggest purchasing a new pair and playing around, just incase they break or you want to switch between the two. This IS just a Saturn, and I know it will be very easy to remove/modify parts. I also think what would look great it instead of having the silver windscreen on all colors, maybe paint it (professionally) black, as well as the rear part which remains silver. Then black heads and tails, and maybe even gunmetal chrome parts.... mmm

But i'm not big on modifying cars unless you have the $$$ to do it right or else it will look like.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts