Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that on my dash it flashes a little Sky with a lock whenever the alarm is set :thumbs:
But I just noticed that is does the same thing with just the doors locked with no alarm set.....is this normal ?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I know you are supposed to get that signal when you have open doors and have pushed the doors lock button (once closed the doors will automatically lock after 5 seconds) I do not remember seeing or reading about that symbol being on any other time...:confused:

Perhaps there are other ways of configuring it (through the DIC)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went and made sure the doors where shut all the way, and re-tried the locking senareo...same thing I get a flashing light in the warning lights cluster, it is in the lower right corner and appears to be a silhouette of a SKY with a Padlock.
Do I have something wrong to worry about, :confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I went and made sure the doors where shut all the way, and re-tried the locking senareo...same thing I get a flashing light in the warning lights cluster, it is in the lower right corner and appears to be a silhouette of a SKY with a Padlock.
Do I have something wrong to worry about, :confused:
I re-read your first post -- You say it appears when you have the alarm set but also when you have the doors locked but not the alarm set... You have an aftermarket alarm???

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No standard alarm.... If you reach in and unlock the door with the top down then open it the horn goes off and the lights flash. The flashing sign shows up with or without the alarm set with the key pod.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
OK
I went out and did exactly as you wrote.
Yes the padlock shows
It will stay light (don't know how long) if you do not push the button a second time. However, if you push the button twice almost immediately (so the horn beeps) the light will flash off. Also if you set the lock (light on) and wait 10 seconds and push the button again -- no beep but the light flashes once and goes out....

I’m at work so I did not sit and watch – but I’d imagine the light goes out after a while…

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine does the same thing as you described, but after it goes out, around 15 to 20 seconds later it will flash on and off. :confused:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I just noticed that on my dash it flashes a little Sky with a lock whenever the alarm is set :thumbs:
But I just noticed that is does the same thing with just the doors locked with no alarm set.....is this normal ?
If you lock your doors with the keyless button, the system will arm after either of these things occur:

Thirty seconds after all the doors are closed.
Sixty seconds with any door open.

If you press the lock button on the transmitter a second time while all the doors are closed, the system will arm immediately.

If you do not want to arm the system, lock the car with the maunual door lock knobs.

The light will turn on to indicate that arming has been initiated. Once the system is armed, the security light will flash once every three seconds.

There's more... see pages 76-78 of the owner's manual. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you ! :thumbs:

Like I said I just noticed it today at work, I will do some reading tonight :thumbs:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thank you ! :thumbs:

Like I said I just noticed it today at work, I will do some reading tonight :thumbs:
:) I just happened to have my manual with me today...I've asked questions before, and been referred to the manual...won't be long and I'll have it committed to memory. :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That was the one thing I could not get to -- the manual
Now I did change teh set time (DIC change) to 5 seconds after a closed door - if you hit teh lock key before closing a door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts