Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something seems to be up with my power door locks. Using the DIC when I first got the car, I set the door locks to automatically unlock when shifting into park, and that worked for the first two weeks I had the car. Now, when I shift to park, the door locks do not automatically unlock. I have gone back to the DIC set-up, and it shows that it is still programmed to unlock upon shifting to park, so I am confused.

Also, I had programmed the locks to both unlock when using the key fob (as opposed to hitting the door unlock button twice to unlock the passenger side door). This too was set up in the DIC, and it too worked fine until recently. Now, despite what is programmed in the DIC, only the drivers side door unlocks on the first press of the key fob, and I have to hit it twice for the passenger side to open.

Has anyone else had this issue so I can understand the cause before I take it into the dealer?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Something seems to be up with my power door locks. Using the DIC when I first got the car, I set the door locks to automatically unlock when shifting into park, and that worked for the first two weeks I had the car. Now, when I shift to park, the door locks do not automatically unlock. I have gone back to the DIC set-up, and it shows that it is still programmed to unlock upon shifting to park, so I am confused.

Also, I had programmed the locks to both unlock when using the key fob (as opposed to hitting the door unlock button twice to unlock the passenger side door). This too was set up in the DIC, and it too worked fine until recently. Now, despite what is programmed in the DIC, only the drivers side door unlocks on the first press of the key fob, and I have to hit it twice for the passenger side to open.

Has anyone else had this issue so I can understand the cause before I take it into the dealer?
has it been to the dealer since you adjusted the DIC? just an idea that maybe if it had been to the dealer for something else that maybe they reset some of the settings? just throwin it out there. :cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has not been to the dealer yet. But I am also resetting the DIC, and that does not seem to be working. Obviously, I'll let the dealer figure it out when I bring it in (although I won't bring it in just for this, I'll wait until oil change time) but I just thought someone else might have had the same trouble.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I haven't played with the DIC yet, if I have time after work today.. I'll play with it. I'll let you know if mine works as it should.
:)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Is it possible to disconnect your battery for a few minutes and then reattach the cables thus resetting the onboard computer? I had to do that one time on the mustang to get it back into sync again. Curious but worth a question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts