Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Mine have been on order for a week. I'm waiting for the postcard saying "Your parts are in."

Meanwhile, one of the "I'm outta here" chrome Saturn strips looks darned good decorating the lower step of the Mayan Temple in the trunk. What a cool custom mod!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
351 Posts
It seems the issue of the door sill plates coming off has went away, we took ours in on Aug 10th and the part is still on backorder. How long did it take for you to get yours replaced for those of you you had to.
It took two or three weeks to get my new door plate. :banghead:
The new glue is holding just fine.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Supposedly there is a "clear" one availiable that just covers the painted area. Anyone seen those? And if so where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It seems the issue of the door sill plates coming off has went away, we took ours in on Aug 10th and the part is still on backorder. How long did it take for you to get yours replaced for those of you you had to.
I had mine replaced, the whole plate, took 2 days for the parts to arrive, 10 minutes to replace.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do you have photos of these? I am working on a design for some custom ones... any photos would be helpful thanks!
Pictures of the sill plate. They measure 1" x 18.5"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Two or three weeks. Mine was the driver's side. The right side is still ok.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Was the plate glued on previously or was it a very high bond VHB tape from 3M? It is a clear two sides tape you can get in various thicknesses. If I were attaching it with an adhesive I would use silicone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts