Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it happend to me... My little chrome strip that says "SATURN" in the door sill has been not the stickiest, and today it caught on the bottom of the door and got all whanged out of shape. I've been trying to keep an eye on it, but I guess it was inevitable.

So, as of VIN #1590, that darned thing is still a-peeling.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hammer, glue, duct tape and a welder!!!

On our very first test drive both my wife and I noticed the strip at the door sills was loose....perhaps this is a clever ploy by GM to give forum members something to post...so we will be distracted from a delivery process that is totally incomprehensible??????????? :brentil:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yupp Had to remove mine too after it got caught up under the door:brentil:

·
Registered
51 Posts
sorry but im bumping this... I noticed both metal door sill strips on my car have came un stuck in the middle and are humped up. Should I just completely remove them or try and re-stick the entire strip down?

thanks!

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
sorry but im bumping this... I noticed both metal door sill strips on my car have came un stuck in the middle and are humped up. Should I just completely remove them or try and re-stick the entire strip down?

thanks!
You need VHB tape, trust me it will hold it down.
3M VHB Tapes - Uline

But the hard part is to get the strip off without putting a single bend (or high spot) in the strip. Use a flat Putty Knife (3" Solvent-Resistant Handle Flexible Blade Putty Knife) to SLOWLY work the strip up EVENLY all along. Once you get it up, clean the back and area off with adhesive remover. Then prep with an adhesive promoter and USE the VHB to restick it on. Put a full strip all the way across!

If this doesn't hold it NOTHING WILL! :thumbs: Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
You might try an auto supply store that sells "emblem adhesive". The stuff is used to re-apply emblems to the exterior of the car . 3M makes it, it comes in a small tube marked plastic emblem & trim adhesive. Stuff works great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine did this within a month of picking it up and the dealer replaced the whole door sill. So far it has been 2 months since the replacement and it is holding good now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had both of mine pop up and reordered under warrenty (called carpet retainers (L and R). For me it got worst in the winter (cold-expansion at different rates). The whole plastic piece pops right out. Start at the front side to pry our - no tools necessary. It takes about 30 seconds to replace. :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
One of mine came off on my first Sky. They replaced it free. SkyBaby

1 - 9 of 9 Posts