Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. post some clips drag racing
2. tell stories of what cars you've raced against
3. anyone raced a mustang? lol
4. POST clips of the sky in action!!
come on peeps start recording your drags wanna see the sky in action vs other cars

maybe manual sky vs auto sky?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Only Legal drag racing please....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
This is not a forum that talks about street racing at all, each post is deleted and locked. Then those that admit to street racing are flogged repeatedly.:willy:
...It's like talking about street racing with your mother or driver's ed. teacher.:lol:

The base Sky would get the crap kicked out it by any "fast" car anyway.-350Zs, any V8 Camaro/Mustangs, Honda Minivans, School Buses, etc..

The Redline should introduce more speed demons and young whipper snappers... I hope.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i was talkn at the track I know some have gone and timed it. I'm just interested to see it in action
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
bradyb said:
This is not a forum that talks about street racing at all, each post is deleted and locked. Then those that admit to street racing are flogged repeatedly.:willy:


It happened on The Strip where the road is wide, two cool sharks standing side-by-side. A fuel-injected Stingray and a 413, revving up their engines and it sounds real mean. Tach it up, tach it up - buddy, gonna shut you down. Decline in numbers at an even rate, at the count of one we both accelarate. My Stingray is light, the slicks are starting to spin, but the 413's really diggin' in. Gotta be cool, now... Power-shift, here we go...

OOPS! Just singing a little ditty to myself... NO MORE BEACH BOYS. I'm gonna pop in my Jan & Dean CD.

I was crusin' in my Stingray late one night, when an XKE pulled up on the right. He rolled down the window of his shiny new Jag, and challenged me then and there to a drag. I said, "You're on, buddy. My wheels runnin' fine. Let's come of the line, now, at Sunset and Vine. But I'll do you one better if you got the nerve... Let's race all the way to... Deadman's Curve."

You can tell they didn't have public forums in 1964. Heck, they hardly had 'puters! If they had the Internet, the music would have sucked...

Well, the last thing I remember, Doc, is I got up the verve. And I posted a thread about "Deadman's Curve." The flaming I got, is sure was a fright. I found out for myself that everyone was right. But witty threads, a purpose they serve...

:D
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
OOps

jdigiant said:


It happened on The Strip where the road is wide, two cool sharks standing side-by-side. A fuel-injected Stingray and a 413, revving up their engines and it sounds real mean. Tach it up, tach it up - buddy, gonna shut you down. Decline in numbers at an even rate, at the count of one we both accelarate. My Stingray is light, the slicks are starting to spin, but the 413's really diggin' in. Gotta be cool, now... Power-shift, here we go...

OOPS! Just singing a little ditty to myself... NO MORE BEACH BOYS. I'm gonna pop in my Jan & Dean CD.

I was crusin' in my Stingray late one night, when an XKE pulled up on the right. He rolled down the window of his shiny new Jag, and challenged me then and there to a drag. I said, "You're on, buddy. My wheels runnin' fine. Let's come of the line, now, at Sunset and Vine. But I'll do you one better if you got the nerve... Let's race all the way to... Deadman's Curve."

You can tell they didn't have public forums in 1964. Heck, they hardly had 'puters! If they had the Internet, the music would have sucked...

Well, the last thing I remember, Doc, is I got up the verve. And I posted a thread about "Deadman's Curve." The flaming I got, is sure was a fright. I found out for myself that everyone was right. But witty threads, a purpose they serve...

:D
He did it again
Way to go John :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Drag Racing The Sky?

Sw0l3n4t0r said:
1. post some clips drag racing
2. tell stories of what cars you've raced against
3. anyone raced a mustang? lol
4. POST clips of the sky in action!!
come on peeps start recording your drags wanna see the sky in action vs other cars

maybe manual sky vs auto sky?

Bra, Seriously...u gata be kiddin...:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
the Sky was not made for drag racing, it is for the backroad twisties....
sorry but I don't really care how fast it goes in a straight line... give me some curves!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
the Sky was not made for drag racing, it is for the backroad twisties....
sorry but I don't really care how fast it goes in a straight line... give me some curves!!!
Here ya GO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
bradyb said:
This is not a forum that talks about street racing at all, each post is deleted and locked. Then those that admit to street racing are flogged repeatedly.:willy:
...It's like talking about street racing with your mother or driver's ed. teacher.:lol:

The base Sky would get the crap kicked out it by any "fast" car anyway.-350Zs, any V8 Camaro/Mustangs, Honda Minivans, School Buses, etc..

The Redline should introduce more speed demons and young whipper snappers... I hope.:rolleyes:

:agree: :agree: :agree:

This discussion is against forum rules.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
the Sky was not made for drag racing, it is for the backroad twisties....
sorry but I don't really care how fast it goes in a straight line... give me some curves!!!
Agreed! :thumbs:

I also agree with the comment that Illegal street racing is a bad thing and we don't support that here. We've had several good hard working people killed up here recently by street racers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
Police crush street-racing cars


Two cars used in a street race
and seized by police were destroyed
by York Regional Police, Thursday.
(CBC)​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
It's not how fast you get there. It's how it all feels getting there. . .

Gimme turns, give me open roads... :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
It's not how fast you get there. It's how it all feels getting there. . .

Gimme turns, give me open roads... :thumbs:
I like both worlds myself, done both, love it!:thumbs: As a prevously licensed NHRA Drag Racer, I am emphatically against all forms of street competition. Real racers take it to the track, street racer are just racer wannabe"s!! My opinion only!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a little on road fun. People do get killed for acting like idiots street racing but still more people get killed driving to the grocery store.

Here in my neck of the roads the idiots driving fast up and down the canyons run over and kill more bikers every year then anybody street racing.
We should totally ban any talk of curvey roads because that condones running over poor joggers and bikers.

Heck we should ban any talk of any driving enjoyment because when you enjoy driving, THATS WHEN PEOPLE DIE! :banghead:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Houston we have a problem

Back in high school the only time I ever came up along side my buddy at a light - me in a 1964 GTO and him in a 1965 Mustang - just as the light changed a police car came around the curve from the other direction. I casually went straight - my buddy turned right. Never got along side him again since.

Another time, at the same intersection, headed in the opposite direction, I was a passenger in a van behind some kind of exotic sports car - could have been a Ferrari I think (it has been a long time) - and he had his right turn signal on waiting to turn. Mid way through the red light a guy in a Monte Carlo SS with fat tires in back comes up in the left lane - looks over at the exotic car and starts revving his engine - so the guy in the exotic does too. The light changes and the Monte Carlo takes off, tires squealing. The guy driving the exotic makes the right turn he had originally planned to anyway.

If you want to read some stories about drag racing go to the GTOforums.com - as much as I like my 64 and as cool as it would be to have 400 HP (and a backseat) - not having a convertible and joining the HP is all that matters crowd just doesn't feel right to me anymore (and I still have the 64 - so if I can get it fixed up one of these days I can still have the thrill of 350 or so HP in a 3600 pound car if I want to).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Next we'll hear the argument of drugs are ok because it's ok to drink.

Grow up a little bit. I like fast cars, I just don't have to prove I'm a man by acting like an idiot (any more :D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
Parthanon said:
Next we'll hear the argument of drugs are ok because it's ok to drink.

Grow up a little bit. I like fast cars, I just don't have to prove I'm a man by acting like an idiot (any more :D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
bradyb said:
Here in my neck of the roads the idiots driving fast up and down the canyons run over and kill more bikers every year then anybody street racing.
We should totally ban any talk of curvey roads because that condones running over poor joggers and bikers.

Heck we should ban any talk of any driving enjoyment because when you enjoy driving, THATS WHEN PEOPLE DIE! :banghead:
Ban the joggers and bikers, they should stay off the road!!!
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top