Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2007 emerald green 2.4
187 Posts
I think that what looks like water in that picture is just the light shining through a smaller "depth" of fluid.
No, it was that bad that it literally had water that settled after sitting overnight on the bench.. I filled and sucked out the master cylinder 3 times before I ran about a gallon of new fluid thru the lines!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
No, it was that bad that it literally had water that settled after sitting overnight on the bench.. I filled and sucked out the master cylinder 3 times before I ran about a gallon of new fluid thru the lines!
Wow, that was really bad. The brake fluid in mine was as dirty looking, just no water.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Do you disconnect the drive shaft?
There is no need to disconnect the driveshaft when being towed. Our 2006 Liberty 4x4 has a mechanical gear transfer case. I put the transmission in park and the gear transfer case in neutral and all is well with that. I use a dummy key to unlock the steering wheel (one click forward in the ignition switch) so it tracks behind the motorhome. After the initial setup at home which is not bad, it's quite easy to manage during trips. Working together, my wife and I can separate the two vehicles and drive off in 45 seconds. Re-hooking takes 3 minutes.

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
105 Posts
I just finished replacing pads and rotors and chose not to use drilled or slotted rotors. I also took rob the elders's advice and replaced the brake fluid which was black.
An almost side by side comparison in looks can be seen in posts #3977 & #3978 in this thread.
What did you do to your Sky today?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just finished replacing pads and rotors and chose not to use drilled or slotted rotors. I also took rob the elders's advice and replaced the brake fluid which was black.
An almost side by side comparison in looks can be seen in posts #3977 & #3978 in this thread.
What did you do to your Sky today?
Except you have a lift and I have cool tires. Trade??

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I installed a set of zinc coated - drilled and slotted rotors and - yes it looks much nicer. And yes braking performance improved.

I don't know the brand. I purchased a set on Ebay that looked good.

I think you'll be happy with the results. I am. While we were at it we installed a set of stock GM brake pads and replaced the brake fluid. Big difference.

Yeah. Those DDM works big brakes look nice.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts